Man utd sign tevez.

I reckon they'd have been better off spending the dough on an out & out goalscorer..... someone like Berbatov. However, Tevez is obviously a very good player.

With the likes Ronaldo, Nani, Rooney & Tevez, they are blessed with some amount of flair. Fair play to Fergie for bringing in entertainers - Man United are so enjoyable to watch these days, especially compared to boring Chelsea.

I reckon they'd have been better off spending the dough on an out & out goalscorer..... someone like Berbatov. However, Tevez is obviously a very good player.

With the likes Ronaldo, Nani, Rooney & Tevez, they are blessed with some amount of flair. Fair play to Fergie for bringing in entertainers - Man United are so enjoyable to watch these days, especially compared to boring Chelsea.

There was an article in the Sunday Herald a few weeks ago about how Fergie is a fan of a system where you play no recognised goalscorer ie a van Nistelrooy or a Mackie, and that he's looking to integrate that more this season. they have loads of guys who can get goals now, but no out and out goalscorer. The closest they've got is Saha, but his legs are made of fine china.

Their best strikeforce in my opinion (in my lifetime) was Sparky Hughes and Cantona, and I wouldn't have said either of them fell into the category of out and out goalscorer, so it's hardly anything new.

There was an article in the Sunday Herald a few weeks ago about how Fergie is a fan of a system where you play no recognised goalscorer ie a van Nistelrooy or a Mackie, and that he's looking to integrate that more this season. they have loads of guys who can get goals now, but no out and out goalscorer. The closest they've got is Saha, but his legs are made of fine china.

Their best strikeforce in my opinion (in my lifetime) was Sparky Hughes and Cantona, and I wouldn't have said either of them fell into the category of out and out goalscorer, so it's hardly anything new.

Never thought I'd see those two used in the same sentence! :laughing:

if tihs is true and he does sign they might as ell give Man utd the title now

Chelsea still look unbalanced and haven't improved and there looks like a split in the camp

Arsenal are all at sea and could get worse

Liverpool haven't really improved much, still got the same leaky defense and tactical tombola

but United have strengthened, and are hungrier than ever

if tihs is true and he does sign they might as ell give Man utd the title now

Chelsea still look unbalanced and haven't improved and there looks like a split in the camp

Arsenal are all at sea and could get worse

Liverpool haven't really improved much, still got the same leaky defense and tactical tombola

but United have strengthened, and are hungrier than ever

agreed.

lampard has just declined the offer of a new deal aswel so the boat is rocking down there.

arsenal will struggle for a champions league spot this year IMO

liverpool wont challenge even with torres. rafa tinkers with his team too much.

Torres is the first of a few good signings this summer.

Reina / Carragher / Agger / Gerrard / Xabi and Torres are the back bone of the side, Rafa just has to build around that.

Rumours that Heinze / Alves and Simao are due to come in sounds good to me. Defoe is a player I'd LIKE to sign, but it just depends whether Rafa wants to go in for him. I'd be happy enough with that. A few more signings and Liverpool are challengers, right now however Man United will stroll the league for years to come.

Is alves the one that is currently at Seville?

Torres is the first of a few good signings this summer.

Reina / Carragher / Agger / Gerrard / Xabi and Torres are the back bone of the side, Rafa just has to build around that.

Rumours that Heinze / Alves and Simao are due to come in sounds good to me. Defoe is a player I'd LIKE to sign, but it just depends whether Rafa wants to go in for him. I'd be happy enough with that. A few more signings and Liverpool are challengers, right now however Man United will stroll the league for years to come.

Don't think Defoe would be any use to you lot. Torres, Kuyt, Crouch and Voronin will be sufficient this summer at least. Maybe do better than Crouch in the future but he is handy to have if you need high balls etc.

United are reluctant to sell Heinze to rival but Alves is highly rated and Simao is a good player.

Uniteds frontline is looking immense though with all the attacking options we have now

Don't think Defoe would be any use to you lot. Torres, Kuyt, Crouch and Voronin will be sufficient this summer at least. Maybe do better than Crouch in the future but he is handy to have if you need high balls etc.

United are reluctant to sell Heinze to rival but Alves is highly rated and Simao is a good player.

Uniteds frontline is looking immense though with all the attacking options we have now

WHO?

ive been informed that the tevez deal will be worth around 17 million. Tevez and Mascherano moved to westham on the condition that they were not the property of westham as everyone was led to believe. They were essentially loaned by their company and westham only paid a percentage of their basic wage. HOWEVER...part of the agreement was that both players were moving to westham to go in the shop window.

It was the intent that neither player spend more than 1 season at upton park as the group were looking to sell the duo on. Westham lucked out with mascherano but didnt make as much money as was expected. Tevez has to be gone by the start of august or westham owe the company somewhere in the region of 15 million (roughly), namely why tevez was offered to clubs 3 weeks ago.

The group will make their 15 million from the sale and anything ontop of that will go to westham

Yep. PSV are their feeder club :itch-chin:

Yeah did Chelsea nae "sell" him to PSV, for a quid, as long as they could buy him back for a quid. It wid have been funny if PSV had said "f*ck selling him back to yous for a quid, lets start the bidding at... shall we say,

Guest LondonScottish
ive been informed that the tevez deal will be worth around 17 million. Tevez and Mascherano moved to westham on the condition that they were not the property of westham as everyone was led to believe. They were essentially loaned by their company and westham only paid a percentage of their basic wage. HOWEVER...part of the agreement was that both players were moving to westham to go in the shop window.

It was the intent that neither player spend more than 1 season at upton park as the group were looking to sell the duo on. Westham lucked out with mascherano but didnt make as much money as was expected. Tevez has to be gone by the start of august or westham owe the company somewhere in the region of 15 million (roughly), namely why tevez was offered to clubs 3 weeks ago.

The group will make their 15 million from the sale and anything ontop of that will go to westham

This is going to be a mighty tricky one for the FA, who will block the transfer if ANY funds are paid to anyone bar West Ham. No money can be paid to a third party/owner, as did West Ham not use as evidence, and thus were able to continue fielding the player, that they held the sole registration for Tevez?

This is going to be a mighty tricky one for the FA, who will block the transfer if ANY funds are paid to anyone bar West Ham. No money can be paid to a third party/owner, as did West Ham not use as evidence, and thus were able to continue fielding the player, that they held the sole registration for Tevez?

My take on this is that WHU's position, as per the tribunal in April, is still fundamentally dishonest.

Joorabchian said at the time that his contract with WHU could not be unilaterally terminated.