So England have dropped out of the top ten in the FIFA rankings, and are number 12.

The boy on Sky Sports News seemed a bit pissed about it - Particulary the bit about Mexico and Croatia being above them :hysterical:

Lets face it England have been dreadful for years, the only reason they qualify for these competitions is their ranking allows them to be seeded and play weaker competition all the way through the tournaments- and they still make hard work of that.

Example: Ecuador, Trinny, and Svenden. even Berti may have stood a chance to get us out of that group.

can you imagine if they were drawn with France, Italy, Ukraine, Lithos in the same group - that lot make hard work of Macedonia and Andorra

Oh and Scotland up one place to 22

So England have dropped out of the top ten in the FIFA rankings, and are number 12.

The boy on Sky Sports News seemed a bit pissed about it - Particulary the bit about Mexico and Croatia being above them :hysterical:

Lets face it England have been dreadful for years, the only reason they qualify for these competitions is their ranking allows them to be seeded and play weaker competition all the way through the tournaments- and they still make hard work of that.

Example: Ecuador, Trinny, and Svenden. even Berti may have stood a chance to get us out of that group.

can you imagine if they were drawn with France, Italy, Ukraine, Lithos in the same group - that lot make hard work of Macedonia and Andorra

Oh and Scotland up one place to 22

its about f*cking time too.

although the rankings are shyet i still hated the fact they were top 10.

agreed on all points above.

hopefully the slump can cotinue. the rankings may be sh*te but at least theyll have to put up with what the rest of the UK teams have to. Give them a good team or 2 and see how often they qualify for major championships. Slippery slide!

If we continue the way we're going but finish lets say 3rd in our Euro Championship Quals. group, where will we be seeded for the world cup quals?

if we stay at about 20-25 in the world, we will more than likly be a number 2 seed for the world cup. thereby avoiding all lot of the decent not over hyped teams like Czech, Poland, Sweden, Romania etc -

if we stay at about 20-25 in the world, we will more than likly be a number 2 seed for the world cup. thereby avoiding all lot of the decent not over hyped teams like Czech, Poland, Sweden, Romania etc -

id love that. if we continued the way we are just now then id like to think wed be seen as one of these nations that nobody wants to be drawn against

Funny thing that England act like they are one of the best teams in World football.

They insist on playing players like Emile Heskey, Darius Vassell, Kieran Richardson, David James, Peter Crouch, etc, etc. Can you imagine any of this lot getting a game for the best teams in International football, Brazil, France, Germany, Argentina and Italy? Hell, they wouldn't get a game for the second tier of Spain, Holland and the like.

Scotland i'm afraid still have it all to do to get into the 3rd batch of rankings for the next qualfying campaign as the way it works it is there coefficient over the previous 2 campaigns, so we are effectively going to drop Berti's half decent one when we got to a playoff, be left with his murder one when Walter came in and this current one. We need a good second half to our qualfying to get even into the 3rd batch of seeds. As it stands at the moment Scotalnd are ranked 25 in the coefficient tables with this qualfying campaign results taken into account, the World Cup Qualfying will probably have 8 gropus hence 4 pot of seeds.

On the plus points another good qualfying campaign for the World Cup, we ditch Bertis nightmare campaign and then we can be looking at the 2nd pot.

Peter Crouch scored 12 goals in 12 games for England. I don't see how he can be described as a bad player for England in my view. I'd be happy if he was in the Aberdeen squad and the Scotland squad.

That's fair enough. It is a good record, and I too would be happy if he was in the Aberdeen squad, but that wasn't my point. Crouch woud not get a game for the true giants of International football - Brazil, Italy, Argentina and France.

Who were his 12 goals against? 1 v Uruguay, 1 v Hungary, 3 v Jamaica, 1 v Trinidad & Tobago, 2 v Andorra, 2 v Greece, 1 v Macedonia, 1 v Estonia

:laughing:

Any English wondering why England are dropping down the rankings need only look at their qualifying group for the Euro Championships and a look at group results:

1 Croatia 7 5 2 0 16 4 12 17

2 Israel 8 5 2 1 17 7 10 17

3 Russia 7 4 3 0 11 1 10 15

4 England 7 4 2 1 12 2 10 14

5 FYR Macedonia 7 2 1 4 6 7 -1 7

6 Estonia 7 0 0 7 0 14 -14 0

7 Andorra 7 0 0 7 1 28 -27 0

Saturday September 2, 06 England 5 - 0 Andorra i

Wednesday September 6, 06 Macedonia FYR 0 - 1 England i

Saturday October 7, 06 England 0 - 0 Macedonia FYR i

Wednesday October 11, 06 Croatia 2 - 0 England i

Saturday March 24, 07 Israel 0 - 0 England i

Wednesday March 28, 07 Andorra 0 - 3 England i

Wednesday June 6, 07 Estonia 0 - 3 England i

Guest LondonScottish

When it comes to major tournaments, are England not in the final few teams and have only been put out on penalties on three (?) occasions, or lost by the odd goal. If Scotland had that track record, we would be mighty pissed off not to in the top 10 at least.

With the team that England had on paper at the last World Cup they had one hell of a chance of winning it. If they'd had a decent manager like Fergie they probably would have done. Only through the grace of God did they have Sven as their manager, which put paid to them banging on about 2006 as well as 66. Result really.

Well if thats the case, I don't think any of the England team would get in the Brazillian, Itallian, Argentinian or even French squads

:fishing:

Wayne Rooney, Steven Gerrard, Joe Cole, John Terry, Rio Ferdinand, Ashley Cole, Owen Hargreaves, Michael Carrick, David Beckham, Michael Owen...

I'm still failing to see why you singled out Peter Crouch (as he's the only player who does actually play for England out of the other players you mentioned).

:thumbup1:

Heskey - 43 full caps

James - 34 caps

Vassell - 22 full caps

Crouch - 19 full caps

Richardson - 8 full caps

That's fair enough. It is a good record, and I too would be happy if he was in the Aberdeen squad, but that wasn't my point. Crouch woud not get a game for the true giants of International football - Brazil, Italy, Argentina and France.

Who were his 12 goals against? 1 v Uruguay, 1 v Hungary, 3 v Jamaica, 1 v Trinidad & Tobago, 2 v Andorra, 2 v Greece, 1 v Macedonia, 1 v Estonia

:dontknow:

Only scored agaisnt T&T because he pulled Brent Sancho (or whichever random player it was that played in the SPL) 's hair the lanky assaulting English b*st*rd.

You seriously think the players mentioned would get into any of those squads? They're all big club game players! They can't handle it at International level! 100% TRUE! They perform for their clubs alot better than what they do for the national side. Ronaldinho or Gerrard or Carrick? Come on now, I'm a big fan of Gerrard, but lets be serious!

Yeah, I do think they'd get into those squads. What's the point in comparing 2 central midfielders to Ronaldinho?

Gilberto or Gerrard? Rooney or Baptista? Ferdinand or Matterazi? Owen or Gilardino? Terry or Juan? Cole or Carlos? Like for like fella...

The players I mentioned (Wayne Rooney, Steven Gerrard, Joe Cole, John Terry, Rio Ferdinand, Ashley Cole, Owen Hargreaves, Michael Carrick, David Beckham, Michael Owen...) would definitely get into the squads of the teams I mentioned, at least.

Roberto Carlos or Ashley Cole or Zambrotta? Lets be serious once again. None of those players in question are good enough to handle the pressure on a big stage at national level. Hargreaves - you make me laugh. OVER RATED!!!!

How many of those players actually star for the national side now???? Crouch is the only one. Vassell, Heskey, James and Richardson no longer get a sniff at international level!! My point was Crouch is the only one in the squad NOW! Only player out of those that really should be in the squad, he gives a team something new and different.

Did I say anything about when these players were being picked? I clearly stated that England are sh*te because they pick those types of players, whether now or in the past.