Man City - The Thai version of Hearts?

New Manchester City owner Thaksin Shinawatra has arranged for three Thailand internationals to go on trial at Eastlands next week.

The former Thailand PM pledged to give players from his homeland a chance when he took over City earlier this month.

Defenders Suree Sukha, 24, and Kiatprawut Saiwaeo, 21, and striker Teerasil Dangda, 19 were all in the Thai squad for this month's Asian Cup.

Teerasil did not feature but Kiatprawut and Suree were both in impressive form.

Thailand, who were co-hosts of the tournament, just missed out on a quarter-final place.

Worawi Makudi, president of the Thailand Football Association who recommended the trio to City, told Thai newspaper The Nation: "I believe our football standard and player ability is as good as other countries.

"The only difference is that our players have not had the opportunity as many others.

"I think the three would fare well in the trial. They are still young and have a strong desire to play in the Premier League."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/6915044.stm

It would seem that although Sven has freedom to make signings (and actual money to do it as well) he may find himself with a few random Thai players to pick as well.

I hope Man City get relegated ths year.

They seem to be keen to spend reasonably big cash on, as Alan Sugar would put it, Carlos Kickaball types. If they're seriously looking to do well this season, Sven would do better than to be looking to buy a heap of South Americans and Taiwainese guys. I'm not doubting their abilities, but South Americans in particular take a good while to settle into English football. Last i heard they were being linked with some mexicans and another couple of Brazilians.

Plus, Eriksson is a twat.

Guest CAPSLOCK

I HOPE ERIKSSON GOES ON TO SHOW HOW GOOD A MANAGER HE IS SO THE ENGLISH HAVE TO BEAR THE PAIN OF GETTING RID OF HIM.

THAT AND KNOBBIN A FEW MORE BIRDS IN THE REDTOPS.