The Golf Thread

Was a wee bit squeaky bum time for a while in the afternoon but the best TEAM won in the end.

Funny that the USA play better when they are single and not in pairs.

New York in 2 years time will be tough but our youngsters will be 2 years older + if Luke stays on, perhaps with Rosey as one of the vice captains ready to captain in the future, we'll have a fighting chance.

Brilliant 3 days of pure entertainment. 

3 hours ago, Roberto said:

Fair play Zach Johnson.

Johnson has come across ok in any interview I've seen but as I said after he did his captains picks I think he made an absolute cunt of those - Fowler? Thomas? Speith? I wouldn't have taken any of them. 9 of the players taking a month off before this week is just a headshaker. Not bothering to come across for a look at the course and some practice rounds during their weeks off I can't get at all. Then there's the arsewipe Keopka saying after losing 9&7 that he had a lot of stuff on his mind and none of it was the Ryder Cup. 

Deserved everything they got.

• 2 months later...

I'm lost with the whole LIV v PGA thing. Aren't they supposed to be merging under PIF? 

I think there's room in the sport for a team set up to make golf less individualistic but lets be honest, what incentive do those guys have to win tournaments when they're paid an obscene amount of money to just be there. 

Kinda sad to see Rahm trying to justify his joining and ridiculous wage because he wants to be part of a team. Sure thing Jon 🤥

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

He'll already be worth tens of millions, how much money does 1 person need? Everything that's wrong with modern society. Greed is good.

Yes he will but ffs 450 mil? and all without hitting a shot. Then on top of that there's the enhanced prize money for doing well and that against a generally weaker field. I'd have taken it BUT on the proviso I can just say honestly that the money is the only reason I joined LIV golf.

5 minutes ago, Jigsaw666 said:

Yes he will but ffs 450 mil? and all without hitting a shot. Then on top of that there's the enhanced prize money for doing well and that against a generally weaker field. I'd have taken it BUT on the proviso I can just say honestly that the money is the only reason I joined LIV golf.

Much would it take for you to sign for the huns? 

34 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

I'd sign for them for an average first team player wage. 

Score a hat-trick of OG's on my debut, knee high tackle their best player on my way off after being subbed, then donate all my wages to the IRA. 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'd sign for them for an average first team player wage. 

Score a hat-trick of OG's on my debut, knee high tackle their best player on my way off after being subbed, then donate all my wages to the IRA. 

Good shout. Then pick up a healthy signing on fee from the Dons 😎

19 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Couldn't do it. Not being wise or funny about it, just couldn't. Unless I was truly shite (which I am) and nobody else was going to sign me then yeah I'd take the cunts money knowing I'd never get on the pitch and if I did I'd probably cost them the game.