More good news from Elland Road

Leeds have received permission to play in League One this season after being granted their Football League share but must do so with a 15-point deduction.

The club have appealed against the sanction imposed by the Football League and their case will be heard at a special meeting of all league clubs.

Doubts had been raised over Leeds' future after the club failed to agree a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA).

The Football League accepted there were "exceptional circumstances".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/6920103.stm

Good news. They tried to avoid such a penalty when they entered administration when they had been practically relegated from the Championship. Hopefully another season of struggle for Leeds :thumbup1:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/6920103.stm

Good news. They tried to avoid such a penalty when they entered administration when they had been practically relegated from the Championship. Hopefully another season of struggle for Leeds :crossfingers:

Yeah that was very sly what they did at the end of last season to try and avoid it this season but they've still been hit. Hopefully League 2 awaits them now! :laughing:

Yeah that was very sly what they did at the end of last season to try and avoid it this season but they've still been hit. Hopefully League 2 awaits them now! :crossfingers:

theyll have the best stadium in the conference at this rate. i wont pretend to be sad for them. theyre c*nts.

Guest redbrigade

There's quite a few dandies have Leeds as their "English team". I for one hope they come back from all this, back to the Premiership where they belong.

• 1 month later...
Guest redbrigade
Surely they'll be in league 2 next year, particularly as all other clubs in the division will be seeing them as a huge scalp. I doubt they can recover starting 5 wins behind everyone else.

Nay bother. 5 games. 5 wins.