Highland League 2007-08

I thought they stopped the Highland League after the last of the big teams left.

Aye but Elgin have struggled since they stepped up to the 3rd, could be better for them if they admitted defeat and re-joined the league, along with the other team who moved up, I forget their name..... :thumbs: (who incidently cost me a fair bit of cash on Saturday, should have known never to bet on them!)

• 3 weeks later...

Am taking my usual stance to the Highland League this year: Quite interested in the scores despite knowing that previous form counts for feck all and that league positions are usually decided on how many goals you can put past Fort William. Who supports who? Personally, I have a soft-spot for Cove after my dad got sick of watching the Dons waste all his hard-earned cash in the mid-90s.

I worry about Fort William (not all the time) - with all the teams from the HL now qualifying automatically for the cup, it's possible they could get drawn away to Raith or Morton - we could be looking at double figures (and I don't mean the away support)

As for Elgin, god knows what's going on there. They have the potential to be a decent division 2 team, but they seem to stumble from disaster to disaster. Personally I never think they've recovered from being stripped of the league all those years ago.

Bill McAllister?

Legend!!

Ha, totally forgot about listening to him on the way back up the road on saturday.

(I am feeling incredibly stupid right now as can't remember what it's called when you say something like: "he was as much use as a.....c0ck flavoured lollipop for example)

Anyway, he fired one out almost every sentence. Can't remember exactly what they were but Pete Doherty was used, Jade Goody's Big Brother appearence and many more.

Was hilarious!

• 8 months later...
He had his chance when he was younger.

Only 8 goals this season, Far better players in the league than Coutts.

I've heard Peterbourgh Utd are interested in him. Granted they're not Man Utd, and I'd probably agree that there are perhaps better players than Coutts in the Highland League, but he was involved in each of Cove's goals on Saturday and I still think he could potentially play at a higher level than he's currently at.

Out of interest, who do you rate as the top player(s) in the Highland League.

I've heard Peterbourgh Utd are interested in him. Granted they're not Man Utd, and I'd probably agree that there are perhaps better players than Coutts in the Highland League, but he was involved in each of Cove's goals on Saturday and I still think he could potentially play at a higher level than he's currently at.

Out of interest, who do you rate as the top player(s) in the Highland League.

Mark Chisholm , Mike Ewen from the Vale , Craig MacMillian from Buckie , Jamie Watt and Martin Johnson from Cove. Mitchie from Loco's

Nae seen enough HFL this season to comment more,

Coutts was far to inconsistent when i seen him play for Buckie.

Highland League.net

Really good website that, They even have an interactive matchday vidi printer where you get all the goals , scorers and sending offs live.

A lot of money in the HFL now a days, Especially the top 6. With signing on fee's up to 20k .

Shearer was getting

Mark Chisholm , Mike Ewen from the Vale , Craig MacMillian from Buckie , Jamie Watt and Martin Johnson from Cove. Mitchie from Loco's

Nae seen enough HFL this season to comment more,

Coutts was far to inconsistent when i seen him play for Buckie.

You not thinking of John Coutts who plays for Deveronvale now hes pish likely him and played for Buckie last year.