Feyenoord v Liverpool

i thought it was dreadfully boring. the first 30 mins took an eternity to pass.

the penalty was a joke. Full speed you could tell it was his face, the 1st replay i thought oh no, ref is right, good call....2nd replay, oh no, it was his face afterall.

That boy Kuyt is a shower of sh*te IMHO. He may be full of running and put in a hard working shift covering 15km a game, but theres nothing else to him. Hes like the dutch Kiriakov

Anyone see it?

Quite a good game, Feyenoord were given a pen because the ball was kicked off Agger's face, and Steven Gerrard smacked some Lucius guy in the face with a sly left jab. :laughing:

The lad Royston Drenthe is a wee pr*ck as well. That is all.

Saw the punch, thought it was rather funny as well.

Sure I saw on Sky Sports News today a shot for Liverpool that hit the underside of the bar and cross the line but the goal wasn't given.

Guest LondonScottish
Kuyt is pish!!!! Some people rant and rave about the guy but I can't see it at all, I don't see what he fuss is about, he's there to put the ball in the net, and he doesn't do that for Liverpool. He was rated by Feyenoord and scored quite a few goals for them, but he's just not up to it in the Premiership in my view.

He does score goals, and some pretty spectacular ones at that; his best moments video is probably fantastic, but he misses so many chances (some relatively easy) and taking those chances is what he's paid to do. He's got a lot of energy, and it'll be interesting to see how him and Torres hit it off.

The incident was blown out of proportion completely.

Gerrard is by far one of the best players to watch. He's a genius.

take off the Liverpool specs for a second Robo.

theres obviously no doubt the guy is talented.

fans were justifying Gerrards actions yesterday by claiming he does this because he is a passionate guy - BOLLOCKS.

there is no excuse

ooh dunno bout that. hes incredibly lazy for long periods. hes the 1st one to let his head go down when things arent going his way. His only real involvement was the goal and the swing. other than that, you didnt hear his name much at all. Same for every match.

I wouldn't use 'Gerrard' and 'genius' in the same sentence. Very good player, I'll grant you that, but he's no Paul Scholes :thumbup1:

Dennis Bergkamp, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Cristiano Ronaldo, Thierry Henry, Eric Cantona, etc, are players that are worthy of the genius tag.

I wouldn't use 'Gerrard' and 'genius' in the same sentence. Very good player, I'll grant you that, but he's no Paul Scholes :thumbup1:

Dennis Bergkamp, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Cristiano Ronaldo, Thierry Henry, Eric Cantona, etc, are players that are worthy of the genius tag.

A bit hasty there.

These guys are all the flair players that get the tag and Gerrard isnt like that. Gerrard is an outstanding centre mid whom i'd say is currently the best in England. Hopefully see him more in the middle this season than on the right.

Ronaldo has had one very good season and can make things happen but will have to be able to produce this continuously before i would be willing to place him in the genius bracket!

Its just an opinion but his work rate and what he does for Liverpool cant be underrated. There are lots of other quality players down there but for me he currently heads the list. Who would you put above him?

Ronaldo has had one very good season and can make things happen but will have to be able to produce this continuously before i would be willing to place him in the genius bracket!

Its just an opinion but his work rate and what he does for Liverpool cant be underrated. There are lots of other quality players down there but for me he currently heads the list. Who would you put above him?

Paul Scholes.

Giggs was awesome last year as was Ronaldo, Scholes was behind these two and Ronaldo. Gerrard carries liverpool most weeks and was brilliant.

Sorry, but that's bollocks. Giggs tired from about Feb/March onwards. Scholes was in the top three for the Player of the Year and made United tick. The guy was amazing last year. Gerrard, by his own standards, had a quiet year.

Giggs tired from about Feb/March onwards. Scholes was in the top three for the Player of the Year and made United tick. The guy was amazing last year. Gerrard, by his own standards, had a quiet year.

:thumbup1:

Spot on. Gerrard, for whatever reason, was well below what he's capable of last year.

Scholes was phenomenal. Some of the football he played last year was unreal, with the highlights for me being :-

The ball hits the back of the net just as his right foot is touching the ground!

A pass that very few players could pull off

Essien is a clogger.

That said he is a very good clogger, quite possibly the best clogger there is.

And I think Kuyt is a fantastic player for Liverpool. He and Torres I reckon could form a good partnership, however I have a sneaking suspicion that Voronin will play more often than Kuyt this season.

:nutter:

Spot on. Gerrard, for whatever reason, was well below what he's capable of last year.

Scholes was phenomenal. Some of the football he played last year was unreal, with the highlights for me being :-

The ball hits the back of the net just as his right foot is touching the ground!

A pass that very few players could pull off

Have to say the moment that summed up Scholes for me was when he got the equaliser against Blackburn at OT. Side stepped three or four players then fired it into the bottom corner. Amazingly calm just when the nerves were getting rather frayed.

Have to say the moment that summed up Scholes for me was when he got the equaliser against Blackburn at OT. Side stepped three or four players then fired it into the bottom corner. Amazingly calm just when the nerves were getting rather frayed.

Good shout there actually. Am I right in saying that was the game when Derbyshire scored for Blackburn?