Cadger Nae Even A Sub

I see he's been awarded number 21, but Halford's struggling with an injury. Is he going to be a regular or, judging by his number, just backup? Seems like he'll be on the bench in my opinion.

AFC Chat

General, straight, no nonsense chat about Aberdeen Football Club and the SPL.

Your in the wrong forum mate.

Try posting in the all other football chat section. Russell Anderson no longer plays for Aberdeen or in the SPL.

Site administrators, is there any way you can remove his image from the home page? Perhaps replace his image with the image Seve or Barry Nic, or someone who at least is currently an employee of AFC?

AFC Chat

General, straight, no nonsense chat about Aberdeen Football Club and the SPL.

Your in the wrong forum mate.

Try posting in the all other football chat section. Russell Anderson no longer plays for Aberdeen or in the SPL.

Site administrators, is there any way you can remove his image from the home page? Perhaps replace his image with the image Seve or Barry Nic, or someone who at least is currently an employee of AFC?

about time someone asked that question :nono:

Only man that can sort that out is young NicNac, I've been meaning to mention it and will do so now :nono:

good lad,getting a bit annoyed at some peoples persistant attempts to mention anderson on here if he had signed for rangers would their interest still be the same?i think not so lets just move on!

good lad,getting a bit annoyed at some peoples persistant attempts to mention anderson on here if he had signed for rangers would their interest still be the same?i think not so lets just move on!

Being honest people want to see how Anderson does and i really hope he does well and gets on from the start - he giving 10 years service to me and i can not grudge him his big move, just hope he proves what a good player he is.

Being honest people want to see how Anderson does and i really hope he does well and gets on from the start - he giving 10 years service to me and i can not grudge him his big move, just hope he proves what a good player he is.

Should never have let McGuire go!!

hes had 3 good seasons and ill ask again if he had signed for rangers or even celtic would there be interest???????

hes had 3 good seasons and ill ask again if he had signed for rangers or even celtic would there be interest???????

3 good seasons - what out of 10!!!! You are joking, fair enough he wasn't great when he first come into the squad but he was never a right back. He's been outstanding for us the last 3 seasons and also did very well before that. Of course we wouldn't be supporting him if he signed for either old firm or any other SPL club in scotland but he's went to England and for that i will support him and hope he does well.

Guest LondonScottish
Same as me and because Russell is an ex-Don I'm hoping he does well for himself. I'll also be interested to see how the likes of O'Connor and Gordon get on in the Premiership as well.

Quite right too. Always good to see Scottish players, ex-Aberdeen or otherwise doing well down South.

I am sure we all HOPE he does well and will check to see if he plays etc, etc.

However, he is no longer an AFC player anymore so, as such, I think his photo should have been removed from this website the day he left.

Get our current skipper Seve up there and while your at it, get that imposter Mackie off :rolleyes:

Only thing that annoys me is the fact the jambos got 9mill for an average keeper and we got the misely 1 mill for an above average defender

oh dear

1. Craig Gordon had recently signed a new contract at Hearts that was due to end in 2009.

Russell Anderson had a year left on his.

2. Craig Gordon is 23.

Russell Anderson is 29.

3. Craig Gordon was being pursued by Aston Villa, Man City and Sunderland. 3 clubs who are all spending big this season.

Russell Anderson was being chased by one club.

4. Craig Gordon is a first choice International.

Russell Anderson isn't.

5. Craig Gordon has the potential to be one of the best goalkeepers in the game.

Russell Anderson isn't going to be remembered as one of the finest defenders around.

6. Craig Gordon has anything between 10-15 years left to play at the top level

Russell Anderson doesn't.

7. Craig Gordon will be in the first 11 at Sunderland.

Russell Anderson won't.

i hope this answers your concerns

Dunno about that, if a player is new to a team and showing promise and pushing( doesnt look i though) for a first team start, its likely they'll get on

Perfect example - Mair last week

Actually you are correct, Mair is the perfect example.

The perfect example of why defenders don't normally come on if there's no need.