la Liga & Serie A

Guest glasgowdon

Guest glasgowdon

I know there's not many fans of the Serie A but it starts on Channel 5 next Sunday so I'll watch it.

Will take me back to days of rolling out of bed on a Sunday to a cooked breakfast and the football.

Golaccio!

And of course, la Liga, the best leage in the world starts back on Saturday night. The Madrid derby at 19:00 followed by Sevilla vs. Getafe at 21:00.

Estupendo!

I know there's not many fans of the Serie A but it starts on Channel 5 next Sunday so I'll watch it.

Will take me back to days of rolling out of bed on a Sunday to a cooked breakfast and the football.

Golaccio!

And of course, la Liga, the best leage in the world starts back on Saturday night. The Madrid derby at 19:00 followed by Sevilla vs. Getafe at 21:00.

Estupendo!

Forgot that Channel 5 have the rights to Seria A. Nothing like a little football on a lazy Sunday afternoon. Used to love Football Italia when I was a kid, who was that guy who presented it? He was cool as f***!

Guest glasgowdon
Forgot that Channel 5 have the rights to Seria A. Nothing like a little football on a lazy Sunday afternoon. Used to love Football Italia when I was a kid, who was that guy who presented it? He was cool as f***!

James Richardson works for Setanta now.

:ThumbsDown:

James Richardson works for Setanta now.

:ThumbsDown:

Who's going to present it now?

The good thing about James Richardson was that you could tell he knew the Italian people & culture well and had an appreciation for it esp. the Football. I loved that he'd give an overview of what the papers had been saying whilst sipping a Cappucino in some Milanese Cafe. Quality!

Guest glasgowdon
Who's going to present it now?

The good thing about James Richardson was that you could tell he knew the Italian people & culture well and had an appreciation for it esp. the Football. I loved that he'd give an overview of what the papers had been saying whilst sipping a Cappucino in some Milanese Cafe. Quality!

Aye, was just thinking about that.

Guillem Ballague, the guy that does the Spanish football on Sky is brilliant also. Totally clued up.

Is the Barcelona game live on Sunday? Be interesting to see how they line up, would love it if they started with Ronaldinho, Eto'O, Henry and Messi, the amount of goals that will come out of that will be unbelievable. I don't think they will though. At least one of the four will be on the bench I'm guessing.

Is the Barcelona game live on Sunday? Be interesting to see how they line up, would love it if they started with Ronaldinho, Eto'O, Henry and Messi, the amount of goals that will come out of that will be unbelievable. I don't think they will though. At least one of the four will be on the bench I'm guessing.

Ronaldinho on the left, Messi on the right with Eto'o and Henry up front?!? :laughing:

Aye, was just thinking about that.

Guillem Ballague, the guy that does the Spanish football on Sky is brilliant also. Totally clued up.

Guillem Ballague wrote a short column in the Metro and it was consistently brilliant. Not sure if he still does it, hopefully!

The guy is insightful & intelligent which you rarely get in sports writing.

Guest TenementFunster

Golaccio!

Estupendo!

Mille grazie!! I'll be watching.

Sevilla pumped Real Madrid 5-3 at the Bernabeu at the weekend to win the Spanish Super cup 6-3 on aggregate.

With Kanoute getting an impressive Hatrick.

Only heard about that this morning. Real have signed Christoph Metzelder, was hoping that they'd be more solid at the back this season, they lost a lot of goals at home last year... but it doesn't look like it on that basis!!

Edit: And they've also signed Pepe from Porto, another centre half!

Only heard about that this morning. Real have signed Christoph Metzelder, was hoping that they'd be more solid at the back this season, they lost a lot of goals at home last year... but it doesn't look like it on that basis!!

Edit: And they've also signed Pepe from Porto, another centre half!

I was in Italy last week and there was some talk that Emerson was about to sign for Milan.... does anyone know if that transfer has gone through?

Guest glasgowdon

Slow, boring player.

Byeeeeeee.

Alves coming closer to signing for Real with Cicinho heading the other way.

Sevilla also in the press with Juande Ramos being touted as the new Spurs manager, despite Martin Jol still being in charge...

Na, Spurs need a box to box midfielder. Think Kevin Nolan would be a cracking signing for them.

I can only assume your on yet another wind-up.... Jermaine Jenas is a box-to-box midfielder?

What Spurs require is a player with a bit of creativity through the middle of the park - they have some good wingers at the club, but nothing through the middle. Someone who can link the midfield and attack and has the ability to pick out one of their extremely talented strikers with a single pass. That player is Riquelme.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest glasgowdon
Real Madrid have been unbelievable this evening!

Fantastic performance.

Sneijder's free kick was excellent.

Their passing and touch was wonderful, def. the team to beat this year.