England v.s Germany

not watching but this is funny:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal...als/6948799.stm

2028: Corner to Germany. Christophe Metzelder climbs above Rio Ferdinand but angles his header wide of the back post.

"Germany have got absolutely nothing going forward. It's going to be a long night for them."

Chris Waddle, BBC Radio 5live pundit

2033: GOAL England 1-1 Germany

Is Jens Lehmann in the England goal? No, but Paul Robinson does a good impression of him. The Spurs man flaps at a Bernd Schneider cross on his line and Kevin Kuranyi taps in.

I was flicking between Scotland and England games.

I know they had one or two injuries If you consider the team they finished with included the following;

Gareth Barry

Wes Brown

Peter Crouch

Kieron Dyer

Nicky Shorey

Decent players but world class?

You really have to question their strength in depth. Half of their bench aren't even regulars for their clubs.

I was watching an interview with Guy Roux, he knows a thing or two, who questioned the impact of the EPL on the national side. Are they going to end up where Scotland were 8 years ago with an ageing side and no real talent coming through?

I was watching an interview with Guy Roux, he knows a thing or two, who questioned the impact of the EPL on the national side. Are they going to end up where Scotland were 8 years ago with an ageing side and no real talent coming through?

Was reading the other week (in the Scotsman, i think?) that there was over 300 non-English 'first team' players in the EPL just now. Given that only 220 can have a starting place on match day, that's some amount!!

I was flicking between Scotland and England games.

I know they had one or two injuries If you consider the team they finished with included the following;

Gareth Barry

Wes Brown

Peter Crouch

Kieron Dyer

Nicky Shorey

Decent players but world class?

You really have to question their strength in depth. Half of their bench aren't even regulars for their clubs.

It's a fair point actually, 6 or 7 years time once Ferdinand, Terry, Beckham, Gerrard, Lampard, Neville and Owen have all departed from international football, England could really be struggling. There doesn't appear to be that many good, young English players going about these days. I mean Theo Walcott....Don't make me laugh!

Missed the beginning of the programme, so anyone tell me how long it took them to mention THAT year then?

By the way, the game so far has been typical English gash.

England just scored, Lampard, good goal like.

Seriously i watched the programme from 7.30 and straight away they showed all the goals from the games between England and Germany at Wembley. First game shown - 1966. Must have been less than a minute it took them. :thumbup1: