Wish I was going to Paris

I'm glad I'm not, it would have been a waste of money, I don't want to be a negative *******d but the French are going to hump us by at least 3 goals tomorrow evening.

as you said to me on another thread Robo "keep the faith"

final score on wednesday night

France 1 Scotland 1

last minute goal by Mcfadden. then comes the sour grapes interview with Henry once the match finishes.

final score tonight

France 1 Scotland 1

last minute goal by Mcfadden. then comes the sour grapes interview with Henry once the match finishes.

Then you will wake up in the morning and realise it was just a dream!!

final score on wednesday night

France 1 Scotland 1

He's not playing, however they do have Anelka to do the sulking this time around! :checkit:

Your faith for your coupon coming in will be a lot stronger than my belief that Scotland will take ANYTHING from the game tomorrow evening. I hope they do, don't get me wrong but I just can't see it. A 3-1 victory against Lithuania and people are screaming for Scotland to beat France on Wednesday, Lithuania is a team Scotland should be putting many goals past, not 2 goals in the last 14 minutes of a game.

Why exactly? Didn't it take a late goal for the World Champions to beat them?!?

A game is 90 minutes long, it wouldn't have mattered if Scotland had scored the 3 goals in the first 15 minutes, or last 15. All that matters is they won. Hopefully now we can get something from the game tomorrow night. If any team can go there and sneak a point, it's Scotland (I do think that the French will pip us with a late goal though).

Guest LondonScottish

Marvelous Stadium, a fantastic French team, a couple of great nights partying in Paris, if we get a draw, which is highly unlikely, then thats the icing on the cake. It will be an unforgettable trip for all concerned, win, lose or draw.

Marvelous Stadium, a fantastic French team, a couple of great nights partying in Paris, if we get a draw, which is highly unlikely, then thats the icing on the cake. It will be an unforgettable trip for all concerned, win, lose or draw.

Exactly, and if Ukraine and Italy draw (which is highly likely :checkit: ), the French and Scots will end up having a decent night together methinks, regardless of the result in our game! ;)

Just noticed that we are top-scorers in our group as well. When you consider the firepower that Ukraine, France and Italy have, that's nuts.

Yes, I told you to keep the faith in the betting thread..............look again, you had France to win the game. :checkit:.

Your faith for your coupon coming in will be a lot stronger than my belief that Scotland will take ANYTHING from the game tomorrow evening. I hope they do, don't get me wrong but I just can't see it. A 3-1 victory against Lithuania and people are screaming for Scotland to beat France on Wednesday, Lithuania is a team Scotland should be putting many goals past, not 2 goals in the last 14 minutes of a game.

yes i know i had france to win the game but if you had read the rest of that thread you would have seen that i didnt mean to put it on.

and nobody is screaming for Scotland to win. we dont actually expect anything but then again nobody expected us to come as far as we already have.

we are top scorers in the group and we have only lost in Italy and Ukraine, something that i'm sure alot of teams will do.

nobody is screaming for Scotland to win. we dont actually expect anything but then again nobody expected us to come as far as we already have.

we are top scorers in the group and we have only lost in Italy and Ukraine, something that i'm sure alot of teams will do.

:rolleyes:

Exactly, I've yet to meet a Scotland fan who genuinely believes we'll win, or even get a point. Everyone I've spoken to does believe that we may sneak a point though. A backs-to-the-wall performance is not beyond us. If Darren Fletcher, The Crab and Scott Toldy all deliver good performance in the middle of the park, we may just get something from this game.

Not sure who it'll be :laughing: , but we also need a big performance from our lone striker, as I can see this being a defend from the front job!

I'm agreeing with Vanderark, bizarre!

France / Georgia will be the games that ***k Scotland up.

How so? If we do lose tomorrow it's not over. Italy have to go to the Ukraine and get something there, and I believe that we'll be locked on 18 points each after tomorrows game. I think France will be more or less secure after tomorrow nights games which leaves us, Italy and Ukraine. Unless Ukraine win tomorrow, they've no chance of qualifying methinks. Which leaves it between us and the Italians.

We play Ukraine at home, Georgia away and lastly Italy at home.

Italy are left with Ukraine away, Georgia at home, us away and lastly the Faroe's at home.

It could be argued that they've got the harder games seeing as they need to play us and Ukraine away.

Yes, I told you to keep the faith in the betting thread..............look again, you had France to win the game. :laughing:.

Lithuania beat Gerogia and drew with Italy. 3-1 is a magic result.

He's not playing, however they do have Anelka to do the sulking this time around! :laughing:

Why exactly? Didn't it take a late goal for the World Champions to beat them?!?A game is 90 minutes long, it wouldn't have mattered if Scotland had scored the 3 goals in the first 15 minutes, or last 15. All that matters is they won. Hopefully now we can get something from the game tomorrow night. If any team can go there and sneak a point, it's Scotland (I do think that the French will pip us with a late goal though).

Have they played each other twice yet? Either way the world champions couldn't even beat them at home! 1-1 it finished I believe. So lets not play down our own teams achievments(Aimed at whoever plays down our own teams achievments)

You weren't specific my friend, you said you never meant to put HALF of them on, never stated you never meant to put France on to win.

Anyways, if you read the papers and what people are saying on TV, many people are screaming out for Scotland to win, many are travelling over without a ticket because they think Scotland are going to win the game, so on and so forth.

Yeah its good that they're top scorers in the group, shows the Scottish side has came a long way since the Berti Vogts days.........wasn't really hard though was it? Ach don't get me wrong, it would be nice to see Scotland qualify just for my dads sake as he's a pretty big Scotland fan and he's never made it to a big tournament yet due to either being ill / on holiday or work commitments. I cannot see it this time round though. France / Georgia will be the games that ***k Scotland up.

i've been reading some papers, the teletext and watching the tv reports and i've yet to see or hear anyone who thinks we can win tomorrow night.

there has been alot of praise for what the team have achieved so far which is deserved prise IMO.

IMO Scotland have nothing to fear tomorrow. the team is one of the most talented we have had in years and they have given themselves one hell of a chance of achieving what most thought to be impossible

i've been reading some papers, the teletext and watching the tv reports and i've yet to see or hear anyone who thinks we can win tomorrow night.

there has been alot of praise for what the team have achieved so far which is deserved prise IMO.

IMO Scotland have nothing to fear tomorrow. the team is one of the most talented we have had in years and they have given themselves one hell of a chance of achieving what most thought to be impossible

Hear hear.

I think the Scotland CAN WIN tomorrow. It's not necessarily the most likely outcome but it is entirely feasible.

The French side has plenty talent but lacks heart, we have some decent talent as well and plenty of heart.

I have a good feeling about tomorrow, I believe that we won't lose.

Thing about tomorrow is France are going to be really up for it after we beat them last year. They've been saying in the paper how its going to be a harder game than Italy, Scotland are favourites etc. There's no chance of them under-estimating us like they might have done at Hampden.

And to be honest, if they play well we'd have to be really really lucky to get a draw.

Thing about tomorrow is France are going to be really up for it after we beat them last year. They've been saying in the paper how its going to be a harder game than Italy, Scotland are favourites etc. There's no chance of them under-estimating us like they might have done at Hampden.

And to be honest, if they play well we'd have to be really really lucky to get a draw.

Aye, but are they really?

They've taken 4 from 6 against Italy and regard our win as a fluke result. They are surely convinced that they've too much class for us.

I think they might be in for a rude awakening.

0-0 in Paris and 0-0 in Kyev.

LOL!

So, so gutted I wasn't in France though :scouser: