TalkSport

Just listening to him, he is usually an all right guy and doesn't get caught up in the footballing debate until now he has came up with an Idea to make football more suited to the corperate fan.

His idea is to make half time last 30minutes instead of 15 which i think is really stupid as it would just mean the end for football and the proper working mans fan, he is bading this idea so the clubs would make more money, he reckons by doubling the length of half time more of the corps will spend more money to be at the match and fans will then have to buy more stuff at half time.

Personally i think it is the worst idea ever and that the bloke should just STFU, just because he gets to go corperate to matches he thinks he and the rest of them can change the game to spend the posh pricks who are only there to make money and spoil the football for the working class man who pays to go and watch his team every week.

Discuss...

Just listening to him, he is usually an all right guy and doesn't get caught up in the footballing debate until now he has came up with an Idea to make football more suited to the corperate fan.

His idea is to make half time last 30minutes instead of 15 which i think is really stupid as it would just mean the end for football and the proper working mans fan, he is bading this idea so the clubs would make more money, he reckons by doubling the length of half time more of the corps will spend more money to be at the match and fans will then have to buy more stuff at half time.

Personally i think it is the worst idea ever and that the bloke should just STFU, just because he gets to go corperate to matches he thinks he and the rest of them can change the game to spend the posh pricks who are only there to make money and spoil the football for the working class man who pays to go and watch his team every week.

Discuss...

He's thinking US sport, superbowl half time shows etc, availability of a varity of (good) food etc........canna imagine 30 mins wi just a Pittodrie pie is that attractive.

Will we be saying the same when alcohol gets re-introduced at grounds shortly?

Probably not as when/if alcohol does get the go ahead in stadiums again the bar will shut 5 minutes before half time is up so peole have time to finish their drinks and get back to the seats, add to that you won't be able to take the drink out in to the stand aswell.

Why does he perceive a need to make football more suited to the corporate fan :laughing:

I thought the game had sold it's soul for the corporate dollar a long time ago.

Why does he perceive a need to make football more suited to the corporate fan :laughing:

I thought the game had sold it's soul for the corporate dollar a long time ago.

Not to sure but i think he is just trying to get a huge reaction so he gets more listeners which benifits him.

Maybe it has but this would just be the final nail in the coffin and it would just make the game even more likely to die on it's feet with a few more fans avoiding the game as they can't be assed waiting an extra 15 minutes for the match to start and for the corporates to get back in their seats.

Every time I go to Pittodrie I am fed up with people leaving for food/drink/a pish five minutes before half time and not getting back until ten minutes in to the second half, especially when I keep having to get up off my seat to let them get by.

I'm not against the idea of people eating, drinking or pishing at a match, but I don't usually bother, I have my lunch before I set off for the ground.