Your first Scotland game

after reading ullevi's post on the other thread thought i'd see when the scotland supporters among us 1st went along to see them.

for me it was the Euro 96 (i think) qualifier against Sweden at Ibrox.

Jim Leighton was outstanding in this game and John Mcginley got the only goal of the game.

i've been going ever since.

First one was Scotland B v East Germany B in 1990 or something. The neighbours loon was playing his first B game.

First full international was Scotland v Estonia at Pittodrie in 1993 ish, notable because it was the game where Estonia scored their first ever goal.

My 2nd game was against the Faroes last year. :o

Scotland v Belarus, 2005. I missed the only goal of the game because of Baldrick's insistance at drinking tequila in a taxi...

Only other game been to u20s v Austria.

I had the offer of a ticket for France game last October but turned it down as I couldn't be bothered traipsing to Hampden, oops...

Against Switzerland at Hampden, think it was Charlie Nich's debut. The one where he kept the ball up on one knee and lashed it in with the other.

2-2 draw if I remember correctly?

Actually, that was the first time I heard ;

Nah Nah Nah Nah

Nah Nah Nah Nah

Hey-ey-ey

Willie Miller

1985, a 0-0 draw with East Germany in a friendly match, watching a Scotland team boasting the likes of Leighton, Miller, Nicol, Hansen, Souness, Strachan, Dalglish and, erm... Arthur Albiston!

I think that night saw Andy Goram make his Scotland debut - he came on as a second-half sub for Bandy Jim.

Second outing was much better - a 3-0 walloping of Romania in a special friendly to mark my hero King Kenny's 100th cap. March 1986, I think, and goals were scored by Gough, Strachan and Aitken. A very young Georghe Hagi played for Romania. 70,000 at Hampden that night and not a kilt, feathered cap or replica strip to be seen. Those were the days... :laughing:

Snap. Some goal from Sally McMoist that night, followed by an even better one from the Norwegian in injury time.

Seem to remember that was the game that Willie Miller injured his knee in which saw him miss Italia '90 amd effectively end his career.

First Scotland game I was at was the friendly against Hampden in 1999 when we lost 2-0 to France. Paul Telfer won his one and only cap with Anderson on the bench. :angry:

Guest TenementFunster
Snap. Some goal from Sally McMoist that night, followed by an even better one from the Norwegian in injury time.

That was Paul McStay was it no? OR maybe that goal was against Iceland, I'm a wee bit hazy about Scotland games.

0-0 against croatia at hampden in 2001, england beat germany 5-1 the same day. Not a good day cause the england game was on after the scotland game so we listened to that on the way back to dunfermline.

Think Dodds had a goal ruled out in the final minute for off side and there was a guy who ran onto the pitch with Beat 106 written on his arse.

U21s at Pittodrie vs Germany. :rolleyes:

1st proper one was Switzerland at Pittodrie. Nevin scored a chip. We won 3-1. Nevin scoring a chip was the only thing I am certain of. We got free tickets from our school cos we were in the football team.

Only seen Scotland once at Hampden. The Belarus debacle in the last qualifying campaign. Absolutely pissed it down.