Scotland Squad Announced

No surprises really - Dailly and Naysmith back, Fletcher out (injured)

Goalkeepers: Gordon (Sunderland), Marshall (Norwich), McGregor (Rangers)

Defenders: Alexander (Burnley), Caldwell (Celtic), Dailly (West Ham), Hutton (Rangers), McEveley (Derby), McManus (Celtic), Naysmith (Sheffield United), Weir (Rangers)

Midfielders: Brown (Celtic), Ferguson (Rangers), Hartley (Celtic), McCulloch (Rangers), Pearson (Derby), Robson (Dundee United), Teale (Derby)

Forwards: Beattie (West Brom), Boyd (Rangers), McFadden (Everton), Maloney (Aston Villa), Miller (Derby), O'Connor (Birmingham).

Robson was in the last squad, non?

Personally I'd have called up Naismith, don't think Kenny Miller is a good enough finisher for this lone striker role. I was looking at the squad and thinking we might actually have some strngth in depth.

Alternative 11 not in the squad.

Mark Brown

John Kennedy

Russell Anderson

Steven Whittaker

Mark Wilson

Charlie Adam

Kevin Thompson

Darren Fletcher

Alan Gow

Steven Naismith

Steven Fletcher

Robson was in the last squad, non?

Personally I'd have called up Naismith, don't think Kenny Miller is a good enough finisher for this lone striker role. I was looking at the squad and thinking we might actually have some strngth in depth.

Alternative 11 not in the squad.

Mark Brown

John Kennedy

Russell Anderson

Steven Whittaker

Mark Wilson

Charlie Adam

Kevin Thompson

Darren Fletcher

Alan Gow

Steven Naismith

Steven Fletcher

Man that's a sh*t side :thumbup1:

Normally i'd think that is a good thing, however with Fletcher already out it points to a 5 man midfield of:

---------------Dailly--------------------

Teale---Brown---Ferguson---McCulloch

Don't have too much of a problem with that.

Chris Dailly gives his all to the Scotland cause and certainly filled that role to great effect for Berti.

Don't have too much of a problem with that.

Chris Dailly gives his all to the Scotland cause and certainly filled that role to great effect for Berti.

drop Dailly for Pearson.

dont see why Dailly who's been playing in a southampton team leeking goals for fun just now should get a game before a guy playing in his sides starting 11 and he was also awesome against the french

so

who said we have to play 1

Gordon

Hutton

Weir

Macmanus

Naysmith/Alexander

Brown

Pearson

Ferguson

Mcculoch

Boyd/Miller

Mcfadden

4-1-4-1 seems to be the trend for Scottish teams now, with the potential to change into 4-3-3. I don't see McLeish scrapping that against Ukraine, so he needs a defensive midfielder.

No 4-1-4-1 is the typical formation when we're up against a much stronger team like France or Italy or away most places. Usually at home when we're going out attacking a side which we hopefully do on Saturday, I'd expect to see two up top

Ukraine are a stronger team than us player-for-player. Its not as if we can expect to play an attacking line up and dominate the game, thats just asking for trouble. I think McLeish will play an out-and-out striker with McFadden playing of him.