Craig Gordon

Craig Gordon  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Is he currently the best goalkeeper in Britain?

• Yes
    • No

Guest LondonScottish
Do you agree? If you do, why? And if you don't, why not, and who is better?

Obviously playing for a team that gets its goal peppered like Sunderland do, is going to allow him to make some outstanding saves, and he is no doubt ONE of a small number of excellent British based keepers. Is that Hearts nut trying to say that Gordon's better than Peter Cech and Reina in particular?

Obviously playing for a team that gets its goal peppered like Sunderland do, is going to allow him to make some outstanding saves, and he is no doubt ONE of a small number of excellent British based keepers. Is that Hearts nut trying to say that Gordon's better than Peter Cech and Reina in particular?

Agree with that. He definately is one of the top...but not the top. Think the likes of Reina and Cech are another class. Maybe in years to come he will be just as good!

Guest LondonScottish
depends what you mean, he's certainly the best British keeper, is he better than Cech and Reina, I think possibly yes.

He said in Britain, not best British keeper.

I'm going to put him third in Britain - behind Cech and Reina. 5 years ago I would have Van der Sar there as well, but he's not as good as he used to be.

But what about the rest of the world? Buffon and Cassillas are the only names that jump out at me, so a Scottish goalkeeper in the top 6 in the world?

I'm going to put him third in Britain - behind Cech and Reina. 5 years ago I would have Van der Sar there as well, but he's not as good as he used to be.

But what about the rest of the world? Buffon and Cassillas are the only names that jump out at me, so a Scottish goalkeeper in the top 6 in the world?

To be fair, at their peak, both Leighton and Goram could have laid claim to being in the top 5 goalkeepers in the world so its not as astounding as it seems.

Guest glasgowdon
He's definetly a top 10 goalie in the world!

And it's fantastic that he's Scottish.

Britain's best keeper.

The France manager said before the last game that the only Scot he'd want would be Gordon.

So glad he's not a Jambo any more.

Reina isn't a fantastic keeper. A good keeper, no doubt, but not fantastic.

Cech, van der Sar, Antti Niemi, Shay Given are all cracking keepers. Gordon will get even better with age, but I wouldn't say he's the best in Britain.

For me Friedel has been consistently brilliant for Blackburn too. Totally agree about Niemi and Given.

To say one of the best in the world is a bit strong, there are plenty of keepers who are better than him but they are just in sh*t leagues that don't get huge coverage, there is an 18 year old keper playing in the lower German league (i think), seen a bit of him against bayern munich and the saves he pulled of were out of this world, he was getting great reviews in other mathcs aswell, just forgotten the guys name.

Must admit though Gordon is a good keeper and can/should go far, he has the potential to be an awesome keeper and hopefully he does go on to be one, at this moment in time he is 3rd best keeper in Britain and he is currently the best British keeper.

To say one of the best in the world is a bit strong, there are plenty of keepers who are better than him but they are just in sh*t leagues that don't get huge coverage, there is an 18 year old keper playing in the lower German league (i think), seen a bit of him against bayern munich and the saves he pulled of were out of this world, he was getting great reviews in other mathcs aswell, just forgotten the guys name.

Manuel Riemann perhaps? This match report seems to match your description of him.