Ukraine and georgia

Points total  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What will we take from these two games

If we want to qualify we realistically i think we have to win these two games. I for one cannot help but be a little sceptical of this happening. Ukraine are all but out of it and are going to come to hampden and have a real go. Shevchenko for all his chelsea woes is still performing for ukraine and voronin has something to prove to the gaffer. Regardless of this i still think we can go get three points as long as we dont concede an early goal. The real worry for me is the georgia away game. No two ways about it their fans are totally nuts and its going to be the most intimidating atmosphere we have faced. Lets face it how typical of scotland would it be to not avoid this banana skin?

Discuss

Guest LondonScottish
If we want to qualify we realistically i think we have to win these two games. I for one cannot help but be a little sceptical of this happening. Ukraine are all but out of it and are going to come to hampden and have a real go. Shevchenko for all his chelsea woes is still performing for ukraine and voronin has something to prove to the gaffer. Regardless of this i still think we can go get three points as long as we dont concede an early goal. The real worry for me is the georgia away game. No two ways about it their fans are totally nuts and its going to be the most intimidating atmosphere we have faced. Lets face it how typical of scotland would it be to not avoid this banana skin?

Discuss

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory................ we are so very capable of that!!!

Discuss

alot of the scottish attitude of thinkin we will ***k it up going around just now but thats just what we expect.

i honestly believe they will pull it off.

6 points

Thank ***k someone is talking about this game

Sick fed up of the 100s of threads about Madrid. ***ksake firstly, Greece is first, is anyone bothering going there; and secondly, I can't go and I'm spiralling into a clinical depression with all this aleti chat.

Doesn't help I've been on night shift all week but finally start to buzz about tomorrow. As above I feel we should win at Hampden but really fear for the Georgia game. Either way with the UK-wide hype about us now it is being set up perfectly for us to miss out on qualification by a traditionally inexplicably narrow margin.

COME ON SCOTLAND

Thing is, everyone's assuming that France are going to win their next 3 games and Italy their next two. I don't think it's so clear cut. France have only been scraping wins when they haven't been losing to us.(not counting faroes) Ukraine or even Lithuania could snatch points off them. Georgia could upset the odds and get a draw with the Italians also, like Lithuania did.

I think there's defiantely another couple twists in the story. If we lose points, it'll more likely be at home to Ukriane. Georgia seem to be in the same sort of bracket as Lithuania. The best thing is at least it's in our own hands and I think 6 points from next 2 games could well be enough to qualify.

I think there's defiantely another couple twists in the story. If we lose points, it'll more likely be at home to Ukriane. Georgia seem to be in the same sort of bracket as Lithuania. The best thing is at least it's in our own hands and I think 6 points from next 2 games could well be enough to qualify.

I agree. There will be at least one more twist in this tale....

Unfortunately it'll more than likely be Scotland who ***k up. France won't drop anything away at the Faroes or at home against Lithuania. Italy will deal with Georgia & The Faroes at home quite comfortably. IMHO France and Italy will finish the campaign with a guaranteed total of at least 25 & 26 points respectively.

I reckon we need 4 points from the forthcoming fixtures at least to keep us in the hunt. The group would then ultimately be decided over two games; Scotland versus Italy & Ukraine vs France.

I believe Italy will qualify and we'll be hoping the Ukraine can take all three points at home against France.

If we both win our games before then all both teams need is a draw to put France out. Surely the Italians will cooperate.

No, if france win their last two games and italy win and draw it would be france that go through on 28 points with italy on 27. The italians are going to be coming here to win regardless

No, if france win their last two games and italy win and draw it would be france that go through on 28 points with italy on 27. The italians are going to be coming here to win regardless

well if we beat georgia we'll have 27 and France would have to win both their games,

if we were 4 points clear if the italians coming into our match, the italains will be up against it, and at Hampden I cannot see them beating us, draw maybe but ...

it all hinges on Wednesday night. Win and we've got 1 foot on the plane.

well if we beat georgia we'll have 27 and France would have to win both their games,

if we were 4 points clear if the italians coming into our match, the italains will be up against it, and at Hampden I cannot see them beating us, draw maybe but ...

it all hinges on Wednesday night. Win and we've got 1 foot on the plane.

As the group stands now

1 Scotland 10 8 0 2 20 8 12 24

2 Italy 10 7 2 1 17 7 10 23

3 France 10 7 1 2 21 3 18 22

I am so nervous about this game wed, as i said at the start of the thread its a massive banana skin. If we lose then we can still be beaten to qualification by the french