The Holy Goalie

I don't like Boruc at all. He seems to be a bit of a pr*ck at times.............but I am 100% what he did to be honest, I hate Rangers with a passion, why does he HAVE to shake hands with the players?

It's not a written law that you actually have to shake hands with them. Rangers are scum, and I wouldn't shake their hands either I'm afraid.......just how I see it.

yes your right its not a written law but you still do it. Boruc is a ***ker end of.

i havent played football at a decent level. i played about 2 years of amateur.

played against some right minks who i disliked immensly but still shook hands at the end of the game.

Guest CAPSLOCK

WHEN IT ALL BOILS DOWN TO IT, IT'S JUST A GAME OF FOOTBALL.

IF YOU CAN'T RAISE ABOVE THAT AND SHAKE HANDS AT THE END THEN AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED YOU'RE A BIG ***kING BAIRN.

He's an attention seeking wee fanny. I utterly despise him - everytime i see him he does something that winds people up, and i'm sick of the sight of his smug face.

I've played lots of team sports against a lot people who it would be fair to class as utter tools, but when all is said and done, a handshake after the game shouldn't be too much of a hardship for anyone IMO.

Had a wee look on a celtic forum there justnow and he's unsurprisingly being treated like a god over it.

Of course he's being completely immature about the whole thing and of course he should have shaken hands, but the following quote made me chuckle to myself:

I don't have to love anyone. I don't like this club, or these players.

Fact is, we don't know what was said on the pitch during the game and obviously he's the sort of player who takes it a bit more personally.

Guest El Padre

I've no problem with the guy crossing himself, he does it at every ground and shouldn't have to stop it just because Rangers fans are slabbery mouthed bigots.

I've no problem with the guy crossing himself, he does it at every ground and shouldn't have to stop it just because Rangers fans are slabbery mouthed bigots.

Huge difference between crossing yourself on the pitch and turning round to opposition fans and crossig yourself to annoy them. HUGE difference.

Guest El Padre
Huge difference between crossing yourself on the pitch and turning round to opposition fans and crossig yourself to annoy them. HUGE difference.

He doesn't do that. its the same ritual at every ground, he turns his back to the game, looks at the ground, quickly crosses himself, then gets on with the game. Its got sweet F.A. to do with annoying Rangers fans, but being who they are they take it as a snipe at them. How dare he be a catholic inside Ibrox.

He doesn't do that. its the same ritual at every ground, he turns his back to the game, looks at the ground, quickly crosses himself, then gets on with the game. Its got sweet F.A. to do with annoying Rangers fans, but being who they are they take it as a snipe at them. How dare he be a catholic inside Ibrox.

If does that then fine but again at weekend he turned to Rangers fans and did it again, after being cautioned by police for it.

If does that then fine but again at weekend he turned to Rangers fans and did it again, after being cautioned by police for it.

It's the fact that Rangers fans find this offensive that is the probelm not Boruc doing it in the 1st place. It is them who needed to be sorted out, not he. ***king neandrathals!

It pissed me off. I dont think that footballers, who unfortunately these days are role-models, should be promoting religions.

As for your blasphemy point well lets face it, its a victimless crime

Agree that it shouldn't allowed in football. Practise your own religion in your own way but don't try and push it on others. Brian Irvine the perfect case example. Huge huge god man who did it his own way and never bothered anyone else with it!!

Agree that it shouldn't allowed in football. Practise your own religion in your own way but don't try and push it on others. Brian Irvine the perfect case example. Huge huge god man who did it his own way and never bothered anyone else with it!!

Not strictly true that, otherwise you wouldn't know that Irvine was a "huge huge god man".

Guest El Padre

He did the exact same as he does everywhere. He didn't even look in the direction of the rangers fans.

They're bigots who like to point the finger at everyone but themselves, its pathetic.

When I saw the title of this thread I wondered if it was a reference to the late Pope, John Paul II, who was of course a goalkeeper.

I wonder if he would have shaken hands with Rangers players? Anyone else think that the answer is a resounding "yes", which rather blows a Vatican-sized hole in the (doubtless deeply devout) Boruc's argument...?

Of course he should have shaken hands

Of course he is right to say he is not friends with them and they are his rivals

Of course he has the right to bless himself where ever & when ever he likes

Of course rangers fans are to be embarrassed by their reactions to Boruc blessing himself

the whole episode sums up why we all despise both sides of the OF

Not strictly true that, otherwise you wouldn't know that Irvine was a "huge huge god man".

Only reason I know he is is because he said god helped him to score the winning penalty against Celtic in the 1990 Scottish Cup Final. :hysterical: Can't say I ever heard him say anything more about it his religion - except when he visited my school and talked about it!

On the subject of Boruc, it is wrong and bad sportsmanship to refuse to shake the hand of an opponent. No matter who they are and how much you hate them. Boruc = :tossr: