Ian Brown

Dynamo

Ian Brown is one of the most talentless, over rated, loud mouthed, stupid looking fannys ever to grace the face of the planet (of the apes).

Talentless? Over Rated?? Are you fishing here pal, if he was both of those then i doubt he'd have 7 albums in music stores and still sell out pretty big venues.

The man is a LEGEND.

Talentless? Over Rated?? Are you fishing here pal, if he was both of those then i doubt he'd have 7 albums in music stores and still sell out pretty big venues.

The man is a LEGEND.

He's been living off a couple of good albums he did with a 20 year old band for the last 10 years.

Joey Harper is a legend, but I bet he's been sh*te at fitba for the last 25 years.

Personally love Ian Brown and his tunes, both roses and solo stuff. Think his newest album is his weakest so far being honest but still some belting tunes.

Live is not for everyone, I get blootered and have been 5 or 6 times and loved the bounce and always enjoyed the overall gig - if you go back and play the recordings it probably doesn't sound good but I don't waste my time doing that.

IB not for everyone but imo a class act :dontknow:

The man is a LEGEND.

Oasis have sold plenty of albums, and they're sh*te. Album sales doesn't reflect the quality of the music, it reflects the quality of the music buying population.

Kele from Bloc Party said it more eloquently than I could, describing Oasis thus:

"I think Oasis are the most over-rated and pernicious band of all time. They had a totally negative and dangerous impact upon the state of British music. They have made stupidity hip. They claim to be inspired by The Beatles but, and this saddens me, they have failed to grasp that The Beatles were about constant change and evolution. Oasis are repetitive Luddites."

A statement that could also fit Ian Brown (as they are, effectively, one-in-the-same) perfectly.

Only someone bereft of any musical talent could write a song like 'Illegal Attacks'.

Guest redbrigade
Oasis have sold plenty of albums, and they're sh*te. Album sales doesn't reflect the quality of the music, it reflects the quality of the music buying population.

Kele from Bloc Party said it more eloquently than I could, describing Oasis thus:

"I think Oasis are the most over-rated and pernicious band of all time. They had a totally negative and dangerous impact upon the state of British music. They have made stupidity hip. They claim to be inspired by The Beatles but, and this saddens me, they have failed to grasp that The Beatles were about constant change and evolution. Oasis are repetitive Luddites."

A statement that could also fit Ian Brown (as they are, effectively, one-in-the-same) perfectly.

Only someone bereft of any musical talent could write a song like 'Illegal Attacks'.

Agree with most of this! :laughing:

Bloc Party are pretty pish though.

Agree with most of this! :laughing:

Bloc Party are pretty pish though.

Well, they're certainly no Led Zeppelin I agree. Does that make what he said any less true?

For example, look at the picture below. Imagine that said to my old man, 'you're rather portly'. Just because I myself, am on the chubby side of Greek adonis, doesn't make my statement about me Da any less true.

Your personal distaste for their music doesn't negate the truth of the statement. Bloc Party aren't my favourite band in the world, but in musical terms, they are light years ahead of anything that's come from Ian Brown or Oasis, ever.

In your opinion.........

I don't know how many times you've posted in this thread but what it all comes back to is you don't like IB, why do you feel the need to force your opinion on this subject though? Bizarre.

Guest redbrigade
Well, they're certainly no Led Zeppelin I agree. Does that make what he said any less true?

Not at all.

Because I am the Jesus of musical taste, and want to spread the word around the unbelievers that Manchester is a place of musical blasphemy. And I'm bored.

Joy Division.

Last night was pretty good like although he isna the best live, never seen someone have soo much stage presance than him lastnight, he was good got the crowd going and that but the sound was pretty poor (what you expect in a big air Hanger?) but his vocals wern't too bad was much better once he went off the stage and came back on, best 2 songs were F.E.A.R and I AM The Resurrection but KWYG and I wanna Be Adored were also great.

Because I am the Jesus of musical taste, and want to spread the word around the unbelievers that Manchester is a place of musical blasphemy. And I'm bored.

So what do your musical tastes include?

anyone who claims that Oasis and the Stone Roses are sh*t, quite clearly is off-it- even for the fact that they have received outstanding public and critical acclaim. Surely not everyone else is wrong?

Guest redbrigade
So what do your musical tastes include?

anyone who claims that Oasis and the Stone Roses are sh*t, quite clearly is off-it- even for the fact that they have received outstanding public and critical acclaim. Surely not everyone else is wrong?

Oasis are UTTER mince.

Stone Roses are not though.