Mcfadden

Guest LondonScottish

I don't really rate McFadden to be honest, I'm not sure he is premiership class. It'll be interesting to see how he does with a decent run of game this season, something he's never had at Everton - we'll find out exactly what he's made of.

I find this view of McFadden amusing. He's been unfortunate to be given the "luxury" player tag but IMHO he's a class player in a workmanlike route 1 team. He hasn't had a decent run in the Everton team - in his correct position - and I think this move will come back to haunt the toffees.

O'Connor and McFadden could be a very good pairing and this could be a great pay-off for the national team.

Faddy used to infuriate me watching Scotland because he'd come on as a sub, beat two or three players in incredible style, then not look up and fall over and lose the ball, then run around clueless for a bit then kick someone in frustration and get booked. But he's removed most of that daftness from his game now and he does actually work quite hard. There aren't many players that can genuinely make something happen from nothing but he's definitely one of them. If he gets played in behind a proper centre forward and has a bit of a licence to roam he could be the bargain of the season in the EPL.

I find this view of McFadden amusing. He's been unfortunate to be given the "luxury" player tag but IMHO he's a class player in a workmanlike route 1 team. He hasn't had a decent run in the Everton team - in his correct position - and I think this move will come back to haunt the toffees.

O'Connor and McFadden could be a very good pairing and this could be a great pay-off for the national team.

Didn't you watch the Chelsea match the other day? McFadden was atrocious, he gave the ball away left, right and centre, absolutely no quality in his final ball. Additionally, he gave his full-back absolutely no cover, the left hand side of Evertons midfield was left horribly exposed for much of the match - Before Obi was sent off chelsea were running riot.

McFadden is well over-rated in Scotland, mainly by misty-eyed Scotland supporters who only remember him for the occassion moment of brilliance with the national team. Everytime, I've seen McFadden in the Premiership he's looked well out of his depth, for every stroke of genius, like his goal against Charlton last season, their are 5 or 6 games where he's totally anonymous or farcially inept.

He has more than the occasional moment of brilliance for Scotland. Holland, Lithuania, Ukraine, France all great goals. he scores a goal every 3 games which is impressive considering the tactics employed by the team as well as how mince we were when he first got his game for the national team.

He has confidence in his ability and is willing to try things others won't. If what he attempted came off the majority of the time then he'd be one of the best players in the world and Scotland would be off to the alps this summer. As it is he's Scotland's best hope of creating something.

Didn't you watch the Chelsea match the other day? McFadden was atrocious, he gave the ball away left, right and centre, absolutely no quality in his final ball. Additionally, he gave his full-back absolutely no cover, the left hand side of Evertons midfield was left horribly exposed for much of the match - Before Obi was sent off chelsea were running riot.

McFadden is well over-rated in Scotland, mainly by misty-eyed Scotland supporters who only remember him for the occassion moment of brilliance with the national team. Everytime, I've seen McFadden in the Premiership he's looked well out of his depth, for every stroke of genius, like his goal against Charlton last season, their are 5 or 6 games where he's totally anonymous or farcially inept.

Repeat after me:

James McFadden is a striker nae a winger

David Moyes take note.

He's done pretty well this season when played up front.

Guest LondonScottish
Repeat after me:

David Moyes take note.

Heard that somewhere before. :laughing::laughing:

Repeat after me:

David Moyes take note.

Correct. Part of Faddy's problem at Everton was that he was initially mis-sold to their supporters as a 'pacy winger'. We now know that he is in fact an enigmatic forward with almost no pace at all, but with a fearsome shot and the ability to craft something from nothing.

I refuse to subscribe to the "not as good as Scotland fans think he is" pish. To me this reeks of a typical Scottish-cringe attempt to do down someone who has left this country and had the audacity to make something of themselves. I'm sure he'll do well at Brum IF played in the Beardsley/Rooney role behind a main forward (which is his position, after all), and the prospect of him getting an extended run of games in a strong league can only benefit the national side. And as I've long advocated a front two of him and O'Connor for the national team, it will be interesting to see them paired at St Andrews - let's see if I was right all along!

Repeat after me: Faddy is the daddy, tra la la la la...