2nd Teams?

Guest SS RED

l'ASNL (Nancy)

I used to live in France and started going to all the local team's games. Cracking stadium and fans so kept going. They were languishing at the bottom of Ligue 2 when I moved there, just as they sacked their manager and Pablo Correa took over. Last game I went to was against Lille in Ligue 1. Now sitting 3rd and will (hopefully) be playing Champions League football next year! Could have gone second yesterday, but ended up losing 2-1 in Bordeaux 'cause the referee was sh*te.

Aberdeen still my number 1 team though, of course.

Behind the Dons I support Newcastle (4-1 :dontknow: ) although I only usually see them once a season. Have a soft spot for St Johnstone because of family and Espanyol after meeting some of their supporters at the UEFA final last year.

apart fae the dons n scotland got a soft spot for leeds utd.my favourite foreign team just now is sporting lisbon lets hope that continues :laughing:

Man Utd in England - Simply because when I first starting kicking a football from a young age, my neighbours who first got me involved in it were from somewhere in England and supporting them then obviously just went for my local team (as most dont these days) and followed the dons.

As for europe, I just like seeing good games if possible. Great game last night. Turned on Barca Betis with half an hour to go with Barca 2-0 up. Betis pulled a goal back, missed a pen, equalised a minute later then won 3-2 with a screamer from the boy Edu who had missed the pen. Unbelievable

Barcelona were unbeliebable in the first half. As Jimmy would say, knocking it about for fun. God knows what happened to them in the 2nd half, but thats the second time they have done that lately, 1-0 up agaisnt Athletic Madrid couple of weeks ago and crusing, then they throw it all away as soon as the 1st one goes in.

So why did you support Bolton then ?

Old Trafford is closer to Warrington that the Reebok. A whole 3K closer.

Just think, You could be celebrating another title this season instead of possible relegation if you had AA route finder when you first arrived in England.

:dontknow:

:dontknow:

Heh, think I had this argument in detail when I first came on this board (with Robo?).

1. It takes longer to get to OT

2. I would never have supported them (or Liverpool) it's like supporting the English OF.

3. I went to Bolton one weekend just "because" really, just going to watch a game, got player's family seats by chance from someone outside the ground, as you can imagine superb seats, and had the good luck to see JJ Okocha in action. Add in beer in the ground, superb stadium, and on that day a tremendous atmosphere, and I was hooked.

Guest SS RED
I lived down in Englandshire for 9 years without picking up such a dirty habit.

Lived close to Man U, Man C, Bury, Bolton 'et all'. They can all ***k off after World Cup '98 and the complete lack of interest that I witnessed in the Dry Bar.

What?

Guest LondonScottish
11:07 P[/b]M' post='241525']

Lived close to Man U, Man C, Bury, Bolton 'et all'. They can all ***k off after World Cup '98 and the complete lack of interest that I witnessed in the Dry Bar.

What that be a "just in from a very long afternoon in the pub" post? :dontknow:

Understand your feelings totally Bobby. It's one reason they make such a big deal of the Premiership, because if it's not English they are simply not interested in any way whatsoever. It's not the best league in the world, it's just the only one they have any knowledge of.

Look at the Rugby World Cup as another example of Englishness at work, how many gave the slightest stuff about rugby until they won it? Then everyone you meet is an expert all of a sudden, try telling them you have no interest in rugby whatsoever and it's "oh yes, you wouldn't say that if you won". Errrr, yes I would actually, rugby is a load of pish in my eyes, I don't follow it, and won't pretend to if the national team happens to win a few important games somewhere.

/end rant

Guest Stoney
:angry:

Heh, think I had this argument in detail when I first came on this board (with Robo?).

1. It takes longer to get to OT

2. I would never have supported them (or Liverpool) it's like supporting the English OF.

3. I went to Bolton one weekend just "because" really, just going to watch a game, got player's family seats by chance from someone outside the ground, as you can imagine superb seats, and had the good luck to see JJ Okocha in action. Add in beer in the ground, superb stadium, and on that day a tremendous atmosphere, and I was hooked.

:itch-chin::dontknow::hysterical:

On Topic - United and Aberdeen for moi

Falkirk in terms of Scottish football - they're my Dad's team, both my grandfathers' team and the team I really ought to support. All this Dons stuff was my own crazy wee invention when I was about 6 years old. By then I'd already been to Brockville a few times and even had a Bairns strip, but I had my mind set on becoming a Dons fan so that's how it panned out. But I still look out for Falkirk and even went to the Cup Final with my Dad in '97.

LFC down south - again it always has been. Started supporting them in the 80s when the backbone of the team was Scottish. King Kenny was my absolute boyhood hero - my very first fitba' boots was a pair of Puma Dalglish Silvers. :laughing:

Falkirk in terms of Scottish football - they're my Dad's team, both my grandfathers' team and the team I really ought to support. All this Dons stuff was my own crazy wee invention when I was about 6 years old. By then I'd already been to Brockville a few times and even had a Bairns strip, but I had my mind set on becoming a Dons fan so that's how it panned out. But I still look out for Falkirk and even went to the Cup Final with my Dad in '97.

LFC down south - again it always has been. Started supporting them in the 80s when the backbone of the team was Scottish. King Kenny was my absolute boyhood hero - my very first fitba' boots was a pair of Puma Dalglish Silvers. :laughing:

That's a bit like me, I had Timpson own brand with four bright orange adidas style stripes. Cool as frigg min. :cheers:

No second team for me either, Aberdeen are the only team that matters for me, not even interested in Scotland to be honest, love watching Spanish Football as the quality is brilliant but in general i'll watch any football match but just enjoy it as a neutral :laughing:

man city is ma 2nd team,im a massive oasis fan,have been from early 90,s,thats why i

took an interest in man city.the man city home top from 2 seasoms ago i got the number 4 printed on the back with the word LIVE printed above it and the word EVER printed below it ....looks well smart

Same reason why I first took an interest in City :thumbup1:

Guest glasgowdon

I have soft spots for teams that I have seen but as a general rule...

Aberdeen

Mallorca (great season this year)

Newcastle United

East Stirlingshire