Introductions Section

Guest LondonScottish

• 1 month later...

Greetings,

I just joined the forum and understand this is the place to say hello. I am from the Midwest in the United States. I have the monthly membership to RedTV international. I catch all the matches. I plan to watch them all this season. I played soccer/football as a kid, then like an American I switched to basketball. Looking back that was a mistake... because I'm tall but not basketball tall. 

I started watching soccer about 7 or 8 years ago. It was traveling and catching games in crazy Latin American stadiums. That got me back into the sport. I watch Mexican and Colombian football. Plus I do catch Sporting KC in MLS. I enjoy watching Liverpool, and I am looking forward to a big year from Wolverhampton.

Aberdeen has appealed to me because they outplay their budget. The club uses their funds extremely well to put a competitive product on the pitch.

There are definitely some players I miss from last season. And their omission from the roster stands out as there is a lot of pressure on a young mid fielder to play beyond his years. And I do understand injuries have been a concern.

I personally wonder if 10 million is enough for McKenna. And I'm not sure why McInnes is dead set on him playing in the premier league. If a big offer from any team in Europe comes I don't see why it wouldn't be considered. 

I look forward to finally seeing the striker on loan from Man U. Lowe on loan from Derby County has looked solid. But I think it's just a short term loan, which is too bad as he's gone in a couple of months.

Logan, to me looks alright but starting to slide a bit. Getting Devlin back helps for this Saturday.

I'm hoping Shinnie commits long term to the club. 

I'm not sure what to think of Cosgrove. He's a big guy, but I haven't seem much from him yet.

I'd like to see May find the pine. Bringing Anderson off the bench makes a lot of sense, if your starter isn't May. With Wilson starting hopefully the plan works. 

I really like the future of Wright. I hope he gets time when he is fit.

Maybe Christie transfers in this winter. The middle is hurting IMO.

Mackay-Steven has legit talent, but he just looks like a guy who never put it all together like he could have. Also doesn't handle contact well.

McGinn is the vet winger that pulled us even last week. But his best days are likely behind him. If this becomes a transition year and Aberdeen is back a bit maybe they do him like Rooney. If contending is possible I see him staying. 

I like our keeper. He's very solid. But I gotta tip my cap to Luis Garcia from Toluca who filled in extremely well due to injury last year. I'd love to see him come across the pond.

Looking forward to this weekend!

• Upvote 4

Greetings,

I just joined the forum and understand this is the place to say hello. I am from the Midwest in the United States. I have the monthly membership to RedTV international. I catch all the matches. I plan to watch them all this season. I played soccer/football as a kid, then like an American I switched to basketball. Looking back that was a mistake... because I'm tall but not basketball tall.

I started watching soccer about 7 or 8 years ago. It was traveling and catching games in crazy Latin American stadiums. That got me back into the sport. I watch Mexican and Colombian football. Plus I do catch Sporting KC in MLS. I enjoy watching Liverpool, and I am looking forward to a big year from Wolverhampton.

Aberdeen has appealed to me because they outplay their budget. The club uses their funds extremely well to put a competitive product on the pitch.

There are definitely some players I miss from last season. And their omission from the roster stands out as there is a lot of pressure on a young mid fielder to play beyond his years. And I do understand injuries have been a concern.

I personally wonder if 10 million is enough for McKenna. And I'm not sure why McInnes is dead set on him playing in the premier league. If a big offer from any team in Europe comes I don't see why it wouldn't be considered.

I look forward to finally seeing the striker on loan from Man U. Lowe on loan from Derby County has looked solid. But I think it's just a short term loan, which is too bad as he's gone in a couple of months.

Logan, to me looks alright but starting to slide a bit. Getting Devlin back helps for this Saturday.

I'm hoping Shinnie commits long term to the club.

I'm not sure what to think of Cosgrove. He's a big guy, but I haven't seem much from him yet.

I'd like to see May find the pine. Bringing Anderson off the bench makes a lot of sense, if your starter isn't May. With Wilson starting hopefully the plan works.

I really like the future of Wright. I hope he gets time when he is fit.

Maybe Christie transfers in this winter. The middle is hurting IMO.

Mackay-Steven has legit talent, but he just looks like a guy who never put it all together like he could have. Also doesn't handle contact well.

McGinn is the vet winger that pulled us even last week. But his best days are likely behind him. If this becomes a transition year and Aberdeen is back a bit maybe they do him like Rooney. If contending is possible I see him staying.

I like our keeper. He's very solid. But I gotta tip my cap to Luis Garcia from Toluca who filled in extremely well due to injury last year. I'd love to see him come across the pond.

Looking forward to this weekend!

But can you throw a kettle over a pub?

If it's possible to have a forum version of that scene fae Trainspotting where the yank walks in to the pub and gets robbed in the lavvies, this boy is it.

Dunno, the language is very convincing, not many in here are capable of achieving that level of Americanisms. Kelt is capable and it's not his style.

I thought the opposite!  There are a ridiculous number of american cliches thrown in there - it reads like the American Soccer Guy FB page.

As someone who hails from North America yourself, surely people don't routinely converse like that? 

I thought it was a little like 360, when he tried to create a smokescreen with 'top_red' by throwing in loads of Millertime-isms... in the end, he just over did it!  

I thought the opposite! There are a ridiculous number of american cliches thrown in there - it reads like the American Soccer Guy FB page.

As someone who hails from North America yourself, surely people don't routinely converse like that?

I thought it was a little like 360, when he tried to create a smokescreen with 'top_red' by throwing in loads of Millertime-isms... in the end, he just over did it!

What does the IP address tell you?

The phrase "transition year" is, for me, not one any dullard on here would come up with.

What does the IP address tell you?

The phrase "transition year" is, for me, not one any dullard on here would come up with.

They aren't worth anything these days... anyone can set up a VPN.

I dunno, for me transition(al) year is pretty standard?  Maybe I've been in Oz for too long!?

I've never heard anyone outside of the UK describing a football player as being solid (speaking in terms of consistency). 

Just too many ridiculous americanisms shoe-horned in there...

They can, but a legit one should still be identifiable.

Yes and No... only if it's really obvious.

For example, Clydeside_Sheep posts his ridiculously bigotted rantings from his works network.  From the info, you can pick out the exact office he works from in central Glasgow.

Very tempting to pass the evidence to his HR department and see what they think about his views on homosexuality, abortion, etc...  :laughing:  I'm sure they wouldn't like seeing the company name linked with those types of views.

I'm amazed someone who thinks they're so clever, would leave themselves so open like that!

For example, Clydeside_Sheep posts his ridiculously bigotted rantings from his works network. From the info, you can pick out the exact office he works from in central Glasgow.

Very tempting to pass the evidence to his HR department and see what they think about his views on homosexuality, abortion, etc... :laughing: I'm sure they wouldn't like seeing the company name linked with those types of views.

I'm amazed someone who thinks they're so clever, would leave themselves so open like that!

For example, Clydeside_Sheep posts his ridiculously bigotted rantings from his works network.  From the info, you can pick out the exact office he works from in central Glasgow.

Very tempting to pass the evidence to his HR department and see what they think about his views on homosexuality, abortion, etc...  :laughing:  I'm sure they wouldn't like seeing the company name linked with those types of views.

hun behaviour that.^^^

Oh dear God please do it.

Don't grass on me though please.

I think he's the real deal.

Poor sap has jumped in with both feet instead of dipping his toe occasionally.

I think the wolves will be circling already.

You do realize this is an internet forum right. The greeting I put together would look like any you'd find on a basketball forum or something like that. I watch a lot of Jazz basketball, and we see fans post from all over the world. It's generally pretty inclusive and international posters are welcome, and in many cases they are even posting in their second language and improving their skills.. However, those games are generally more available internationally. To get Aberdeen games you have to stream it from a laptop and connect to a TV through an HDMI cord. I doubt many Americans are going through all that and posting here which can lead to skepticism.