The "now Playing" Music Thread!

It was billed later as the 20 minutes that changed music forever, was just sublime at the time, I recall it was one of the hottest days of the year but many were home early evening to see this; Madonna later on was sublime as well.

The crowd at about 18 minutes with We Are The Champions is magical. And no one knew he was an arse bandit? Who cares? This is brilliant too.......

Away to put a movie on, last one for tonight but my favourite song of the moment, love it.

Jassb, opinion of this song?, I can't get enough of it right now, just a break from the norm.

My daughter and her mates have a app that they can make their own videos with, they used this tune, the result was on another level, they did a great job, :)

Funny you should mention that because I've hand on heart spoke about this in the last few days, I think it's some bloke who's bird has left him and he's trying to rebuild his life but it isn't going great but he remembers the good times, my daughter thinks it's someone with depression and he can't get away from the pit that he's in.

Weird that a song can make people think what it's about.....or maybe it's just us 3, :)

btw, before this song I've never said to my kid; what do you think this is about.

There's not a lot of songs make me think about the lyrics. I prefer to just enjoy the music. Sinead's is one of those where you hear what she's singing about. The ones where that happens are the ones that stay with you.

Could be about depression. clouds, walls tumbling down, and darkness. But then he closes his eyes and he's happy again. Nae sure.

Heres one I really like just now

Well here we go.........

The meaning behind the lyrics to Pompeii, one of my favourite songs at present, are debated, though really I think they’re just open to interpretation. It is not hard to gather that, literally, they refer to the ages-old volcanic eruption for which the city of Pompeii is known. It is the deeper meaning behind them which caught my attention.

I recently read that one person’s supposition for this song was that the whole thing is a metaphor. They believed that it represented a failing relationship, one which focuses on each others’ flaws and weaknesses. I do not disagree with this interpretation, I just think there’s more to it.

I believe Pompeii also refers to the terrible condition in which the world is in, whether it be the environment, or the injustice and inequality that can be seen everyday. For me personally, when I listen to these lyrics, my thoughts drift to the environment, and how it has suffered destruction and devastation.

One line in particular that reaches out to me is the line above, “How am I gonna be an optimist about this?” Honestly, sometimes it is hard to feel optimistic about these things. In a society where we are continually reminded of the issues in our world, I think that it can be easy to lose hope in these problems ever being solved.

I recognise that, amidst the majority of those who actually hear about the tragic goings-on in the world, only some wish to make a change. In my opinion, one of the greatest aspects of creating a noticeable difference is to first bring about awareness. It is only when we work together as a whole that we can make a difference, because it was together that we caused the problem.

Listen for yourself; understand it’s meaning however you may. If nothing stands out to you, then don’t worry: at least it’s a good song.

Hot day, window down in the car, great song, think I'll get this played at my funeral as well.

Did I ever mention I love this song? :)

Saw Green Day in NYC last Sunday... they didn't play this song... Great gig though!

I am currently looking forward to Daft Punks new album:

I like these sounds.

Hot day, window down in the car, great song, think I'll get this played at my funeral as well.

Did I ever mention I love this song? :)

Saw Green Day in NYC last Sunday... they didn't play this song... Great gig though!

I am currently looking forward to Daft Punks new album:

I like these sounds.

You're a lucky man, would love to see Green day live.....and in NY!