Boyd Quits Scotland

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

burley is a frigging idiot. clueless frigg

yesterday was exactly the kind of game we needed boyd in and probably would have won if he was playing. he should have played against macedonia too.

it just sums up the frigging scottish mentality that we prefer someone who will try their best but are frigging sh*te over someone who gets the job done.

fair enough not playing him against holland when we need our striker to be working hard but we needed him yesterday - but instead we bring on FLETCHER (who i didnt rate when he was playing well - but hes in crap form just now!?) and iwelumo!?

AAARRRGGGHHH

frigg off burley

Usually I'd be going nuts if a Scotland player done this but who can blame him? in anyside that creates chances he would score for fun, I also reckon if you chucked him in the Arsenal or Man u team he would be scoring for fun there too.

Gutted about this, hopefully Burley talks him out of it as we need a player like him.

Usually I'd be going nuts if a Scotland player done this but who can blame him? in anyside that creates chances he would score for fun, I also reckon if you chucked him in the Arsenal or Man u team he would be scoring for fun there too.

Gutted about this, hopefully Burley talks him out of it as we need a player like him.

wwwhhhoooaaaa there :ThumbsDown:.

Yes, Burley made a fool of him yesterday.

Boyd was the one I saw out warming up after half time, as if to say to Burley that he was ready any time he was required. What an absolute insult, with all respect to Fletcher and Iwelumo, for Burley to then put on 2 strikers in a double substitution, with one of them NOT being Boyd.

I don't like it when players dictate how things should pan out, but, the manager should live or die by his decisions. He decided not to play Boyd. Had he chosen otherwise Scotland would have won the game. No doubt in my mind.

Burley's already on borrowed time.

His 'goalscoring record' for Scotland is nothing to write home about anyway.

3 were in friendlies, and the others were against the Faroes, Georgia and Lithuania.

He hasn't scored against anyone decent.

Can argue that he hasn't had enough opportunity, but even the messiah Wattie doesn't play him in the big games so there must be something to it.

His 'goalscoring record' for Scotland is nothing to write home about anyway.

3 were in friendlies, and the others were against the Faroes, Georgia and Lithuania.

He hasn't scored against anyone decent.

Can argue that he hasn't had enough opportunity, but even the messiah Wattie doesn't play him in the big games so there must be something to it.

Has he beengiven the chance against anyone decent? Didn't think so, he is a finisher, probably one of the best in the world going with his ratios.

Presumably he'll also quit Rangers too since Wattie doesn't pick him either?

Oh wait, no, he didn't. What a surprise.

Funny the number of people who no doubt slagged off previous managers for picking OF reserves willing to jump on this bandwagon.

I would say this is different. Boyd is without doubt the most natural goalscorer we have and should have been on the pitch yesterday, even if it was as a sub with 10 minutes to go. We needed a goal. In any case it's not as though Boyd hasn't played at all this season.

He has been trying to get out of rangers for ages, Wattie doesn't like him and you can see Wattiues face when he comes on as a sub and scores, best thing for him todo would move to an English side where he'd be wanted.

If he really is trying to get out of Rangers then he's showing more lack of effort than he normally does in training.

Has he beengiven the chance against anyone decent? Didn't think so, he is a finisher, probably one of the best in the world going with his ratios.

Are you genuinely arguing that Kris Boyd is one of the World's best finishers and yet Smith, McLeish and Burley don't pick him?

Why would they not?

Incidentally:

Teams Boyd scored against: Bulgaria, South Africa, Faroes, Georgia, Lithuania

Teams he didn't: Macedonia, Croatia, Austria, Japan, Italy (twice), Georgia, Faroes, Ukraine, Lithuania.

Guest LondonScottish
He has been trying to get out of rangers for ages, Wattie doesn't like him and you can see Wattiues face when he comes on as a sub and scores, best thing for him todo would move to an English side where he'd be wanted.

I don't see many "top" English teams banging down the door to sign him. He might get a gig at the somewhere like Cardiff. :ThumbsDown:

Are you genuinely arguing that Kris Boyd is one of the World's best finishers and yet Smith, McLeish and Burley don't pick him?

Why would they not?

Incidentally:

Teams Boyd scored against: Bulgaria, South Africa, Faroes, Georgia, Lithuania

Teams he didn't: Macedonia, Croatia, Austria, Japan, Italy (twice), Georgia, Faroes, Ukraine, Lithuania.

Going wth his ratio I;d say he is one of the best in the world at this moment in time.

Boyd - League Apps 235 Goals 117 - International 15 apps 7 goals

Find me someone with a better one than that who is hardly playing?

Also he is lazy but as a guy said to JT last night you get the people around him to give an extra 5% to make up for it as he will score.

Going wth his ratio I;d say he is one of the best in the world at this moment in time.

Boyd - League Apps 235 Goals 117 - International 15 apps 7 goals

Find me someone with a better one than that who is hardly playing?

Also he is lazy but as a guy said to JT last night you get the people around him to give an extra 5% to make up for it as he will score.

Better ratios... OK, lets try the first one I can think of

Carlos Ruiz, Toronto and Guatemala: 81 goals out of 140 MLS appearances and 41 goals in 80 Guatemalan caps.

So guess that makes Boyd just the World's 2nd best striker then?

Boyd's goals to shots ratio was the worst of Rangers' strikers in the SPL last season. He's maybe a great goalscorer (whatever that is) but he's far from a great finisher as he still misses a load of chances.

Anyway, the media have been playing this "the manager's an idiot" card with Boyd for years now, but you have to wonder why Smith, McLeish, Le Guen and now Burley have all come to the conclusion that he's not good enough. In fact, you don't have to wonder if you just watch him for 90 minutes and see that for every goal he scores he gives the ball away a good fifteen times due to a lack of technique, poor movement, love of diving and his abysmal attitude. When you've scored the amount of goals Boyd has and half of your own support still think you're a complete waste of space, you think you'd get the message and work on the glaring weaknesses in your game rather than just spitting the dummy and blaming the manager. If Burley's lack of man management skills are responsible for alienating the most overrated pile of sh*te our country has produced in the last 20 years then he should be congratulated for it. Next up David Weir...

Reading this thread I agree with a lot of the points raised; Boyd's overated, has a poor attitude, doesn't work hard enough etc

However the critical point is that had he been on yesterday he would have taken that chance and Scotland would still be in the running for South Africa. Never thought Burley was the right man for the job and I think it was proved yesterday.

Reading this thread I agree with a lot of the points raised; Boyd's overated, has a poor attitude, doesn't work hard enough etc

However the critical point is that had he been on yesterday he would have taken that chance and Scotland would still be in the running for South Africa. Never thought Burley was the right man for the job and I think it was proved yesterday.

Never heard of chaos theory then?

There's no reason to believe that chance would ever have occurred had Boyd been on the park.

Never heard of chaos theory then?

There's no reason to believe that chance would ever have occurred had Boyd been on the park.

Hypothetically speaking then if that chance had occurred and Boyd was in Iwelumo's position, or a similar goal-scoring opportunity was created, is there really any doubt that he would have buried it?