Football Tonight

I have watched wales v russia and germany how they have 0 points out of 6 I will never know, they look a really good team, much better than scotland do at the moment.

suddenly table isnt that bad

IFA World Cup European Qualifying : Group Nine Table

15 October 2008 20:55

P W D L F A GD PTS

1 Netherlands 3 3 0 0 5 1 4 9

2 Scotland 3 1 1 1 2 2 0 4

3 Iceland 4 1 1 2 4 6 -2 4

4 FYR Macedonia 3 1 0 2 2 3 -1 3

5 Norway 3 0 2 1 2 3 -1 2

That's true but the other teams have all played the Dutch once and we've yet to play them.

I had to laugh at Murder McLeod's comments after the Norway v Holland game tonight that we would take 3 points out of the 2 games against the Dutch.

Guest rocket_scientist

Who is that Hennesey in the Wales goal. Tall, agile, composed, excellent hands, great reactions, I've never heard of him. Unlucky with the goal. He will be disappointed.

Could be a star in the making? Who does he play for and how old is he?

Guest the shepherd
Who is that Hennesey in the Wales goal. Tall, agile, composed, excellent hands, great reactions, I've never heard of him. Unlucky with the goal. He will be disappointed.

Could be a star in the making? Who does he play for and how old is he?

The boy Hennessey plays in goals for Wolves if I am not mistaken and think he is 21 years old. He had a good game tonight which will certainly do no harm whatsoever for the rest of his career. Wales were unlucky to lose one nil as they played on the break pretty well against the Germans. England were impressive from what I saw of their second half game against Belarus and could have scored more. The games were on different TV screens in my local.

Guest rocket_scientist
The boy Hennessey plays in goals for Wolves if I am not mistaken and think he is 21 years old. He had a good game tonight which will certainly do no harm whatsoever for the rest of his career. Wales were unlucky to lose one nil as they played on the break pretty well against the Germans. England were impressive from what I saw of their second half game against Belarus and could have scored more. The games were on different TV screens in my local.

Thanks for that. After indulging in alcohol 4 of the previous 5 nights, I didn't go to the pub to watch the Sky game. Enjoyed watching Wales though. Agree they were unlucky to concede but they would have been more lucky to have got a point, given the relentless Germans. Should have set up two or three great chances themselves though, which petered out to nothing.

Guest the shepherd

How can Switzerland go from being beaten at home by Luxembourg to beating Greece away from home in the space of a month? :itch-chin: Can't get my head roung that one. Strangest result of the night.

Guest LondonScottish
Can so meone explain :

When did Belarus become a massive power in world football, going by what our media chums down south are going on, England just humped Brazil AND Argentina in a oner ?

Difficult away game, and the fact they've won four out of four which is their best ever start to a qualifying campaign. The players are finally adjusting to Capello's rigid structure and beginning to reap the benefits.

Do we not have to be amongst the best runners up meaning 2nd in itself does not gaurntee a place in the finals? If so, the gigs chuffed already as while we may finish second, we will drop more points.

Correct. Worst 2nd placed side wont make play offs.

Difficult away game, and the fact they've won four out of four which is their best ever start to a qualifying campaign. The players are finally adjusting to Capello's rigid structure and beginning to reap the benefits.

Englands best start since qualify for 1972 European championships ( England failed to make it to the 1972 finals btw)

not doubting it's a tricky game, but ... c'mon it's Belarus, a team i'd expect Scotland to beat .

Guest LondonScottish
Englands best start since qualify for 1972 European championships ( England failed to make it to the 1972 finals btw)

not doubting it's a tricky game, but ... c'mon it's Belarus, a team i'd expect Scotland to beat .

I get the impression that its more the way they've turned things around and have found a professional winning formula, not so much that its Belarus, even though I would still consider Belarus a tricky away tie.

Did Scotland not get beat away to Belarus the last time we played them J Mac stupid pen?? Or am i talking of a diff game. :)

I would also say any game at the moment is a tricky game for Scotland as there is no easy games in International now!

Guest rocket_scientist
England will win the next world cup.

I thought they had a good enough squad to win the last one, but were hopelessly mismanaged by the hapless swede. You could be right.