Boxing Fans

Guest SS RED

• 2 weeks later...
2240: The fight lasted just 93 seconds.

2239: Promoter Frank Warren defends the fitness of the challenger, saying he passed all the necessary tests. But how did Cook manage to get through all his rounds of sparring?

2238: Burns says he wants the Ring Magazine belt and to fight Mzonke Fana to prove he is the best fighter in the super-featherweight division.

2237: Ricky Burns: "I'm a wee bit disappointed after all the training and for all the fans who have come down for the fight."

2235: A rather deflated Ricky Burns applauds Nicky Cook as he is carried from the ring. It's tough on the champion too. He has not had the chance to impress the fight fans.

2233: Phil Goodlad ringside: "Cook looks in a lot of pain in his corner. Stretcher now at ringside. He has been standing up but is now lying on the canvas. The doctors will be concerned that the injury is near Cook's spine."

2232: Talk about blink and you'll miss it? Phil Goodlad says: "What a farce. Burns wins after three knockdowns in 90 seconds. Cook took vicious rabbit punch and never recovered. Fans not happy."

2230: Oh, dear. Let's hope Cook is going to be OK. He has had problems with his back for a while now, but how on earth was he passed fit enough to fight. You cannot fault his bravery - he wanted to go on, but the pain is evident on his face.

2228: Cook goes down again, clutching his back. The ref gives him a standing count and waves Cook forward but seconds later his corner throw in the towel. Burns wins!

2227: Six seconds gone and Cook is in dreadful pain. His back looks to be giving him real trouble.

2226: First punch from Burns has Cook in trouble. He is down!

Not much of a fight then.

Felt sorry for Burns but Cook should have never been considered for the fight, also feel sorry for him, clearly got a ruined back muscle or something,

The main event between Kevin Mitchell and John Murray was superb, from round 1 to 8 the punches were flying in, great win for Mitchell who was on a bit of a downward spiral after suffering his first defeat to Katsidis.

It was quite good to watch but f**k me it was hardly Tyson v Lewis.

When did Chisora pull out and how the f**k they managed to get Rusty Lee to step in at last minute i'll never know, nae bad puppies though. Would expect Fury to struggle badly when he steps up a level.(cue him winning world title)

As soon as i saw the weigh in i went stuck a few quid on Fury. Chisora was in awful shape and was always going to struggle in the latter rounds.

Saying that neither of them should be anywhere near the same ring as either Klitchsko.

• 2 months later...

He absolutely is, but he can back up what he says and deserves the credit.

Khan is a little fanny and has to achieve a lot more than what he has before he can be the mouthpiece he is.

I fucking hate him, and hope Mayweather puts him out of boxing.

Could make a start by beating mayweather though, which would be some feat.

Haye's last fight will leave a bitter taste in many a mouth but you have to see him for what he is. He is a pumped up Cruiserweight who was never going to trouble the monsters who now fight in the Heavyweight division. He cleaned up the Cruiserweight division but for whatever reason it is not an appealing division worldwide, he had no choice but to move up but ultimately he wasn't big enough. It's a shame he will be remembered for the trash talking in the build up to the Klischko fight and ultimately his lacklustre performance in that fight.

As for Khan, I feel he has wound his neck in considerably of late. You don't see him trash talking as such, he tends to be just about as respectful as boxers get. Some need to listen to that words that come out his mouth and nothing more. I hope he goes on to fight and beat Mayweather, a fighter who should of been remembered as a great but for me will be remembered as a protected throughout his career.

• 2 weeks later...

Boxnation will be showing Ricky Burns as he's a Frank Warren fighter, not sure about Manny, probably Sky Sports.

Did anybody watch Donaire at the weekend? What a piss poor fight, really disappointed. Always look forward to seeing more of Donaire after he destroyed Vic Darchinyan a few years back.

Cleverly and Bellew was a good fight a few weeks ago, Clevery just edged it but Bellew put up a far better performance than I thought he was capable of. Cleverly needs to get his act together he has genuine world aspirations.

Watch out for Kell Brook next year, I suspect he's going to have one more fight against a weak opponent then he'll get a big fight.

Boxnation will be showing Ricky Burns as he's a Frank Warren fighter, not sure about Manny, probably Sky Sports.

Did anybody watch Donaire at the weekend? What a piss poor fight, really disappointed. Always look forward to seeing more of Donaire after he destroyed Vic Darchinyan a few years back.

Cleverly and Bellew was a good fight a few weeks ago, Clevery just edged it but Bellew put up a far better performance than I thought he was capable of. Cleverly needs to get his act together he has genuine world aspirations.

Watch out for Kell Brook next year, I suspect he's going to have one more fight against a weak opponent then he'll get a big fight.

thanks s1dnk.

I found the other one, its on prime time

http://www.primetimelive.co.uk/