First Drivers' Strike Goes Ahead Saturday

K-9

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny that, invariably, when someone on an internet forum is accused of going too far, not even by name, they always start their defence with the insinuation that somehow, I don't know what certain words mean, or their intention.

Maybe, just maybe, I know exactly what those words mean, and that it is in fact you who've taken a joke on a forum too far.

In 30 years time somebdy will mak a filum aboot some kid fae Mounthooly that wants to be in Strictly Come Dancin.

His auld man winna be happy cause he ay wanted him tae be a bus driver.

The music score could include hits like "Bus Stop" by the Hollies, Barry White "Your my First......." and The Jacksons with "Don't Stop Till You Get Enough".

While the kid is birlin through the streets o Aiberdeen they could re-enact scenes of busses abandoned on West North Street and auld folk being thrown aff on King Street. Plus they could hae a scrap between 2 young mothers over the last remaining buggy park on the number 17 to Garden City or the number 4 to Sea Beach, just to mix current trends with nostalgic names.

They could call it Wullie Duncealot.

The final scene could see Wullie in the the show duncing an American Smooth, while the band belt oot The Beautiful Souths " Perfect 10", just as he finishes, bending his sexy partner oer his knee, the scene fades oot to be replaced by images of a number 11 coming doon Mid Stocket Road and being pelted by bricks and sna ba's by wee cxnts oot o Oakbank. The driver is taken by surprise and swerves uncontrollably into a wall, and topples over.

Wullie draps the sexy bird and stands bolt upright as if in sudden shock. A tear rolls doon his cheek.

The scene floats back to an image of the deid bus driver...............it's Wullies da.

Still in tears, Craig Revel Hollywood tells him " that wis shxte min, now fxck off back to Aiberdeen, I hear they are a driver short ".

Have I just teen that too far?

:angry2: 'larious!

• 5 months later...

Threatening to strike again for more pay. Doubt they will have public sympathy this time.

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1234092

Aberdeen passengers face fresh strike threat on First buses

Union to ballot First Aberdeen staff for strike in new pay row

By Andrew Whitaker political reporter

Published: 27/05/2009

UNION bosses were today accused of holding bus passengers in Aberdeen to ransom with a series of threatened strikes over pay.

The claim from First Aberdeen came after it emerged that services could be brought to a halt by a wave of summer stoppages.

Staff were given a pay rise of almost 5% by the company for 2008-09, after Aberdeen

How much do they want ffs!? Just be happy you have a job in these shitty times, no pay rise for my company this year despite making huge profits, don't see any of us throwing our toys out the pram over it.

I would be.

Anither strike. Great stuff. Had sympathy before but now they look like greedy swine. Sack the lot o them and bring in some mare maltese loons to drive the buses.

• 1 month later...

I can state that the story on tonights Evening Rag is a pack of LIES, NO WAY have we asked for 52% and if you lot believe that then you lot are bigger fools than the sh*t stirring editor who published it.

Last year we pushed our luck and got 4% and all of a sudden it's 52%, the stories this rag will publish to sell papers is beyond me.

This paper reminds me of the Sunday Sport who printed a story "London Bus found on the moon" well it seems this is the Evening Rags London Bus story.

All the way from the Editor down to Fat man, Begbie, Gilfeather, Mckimmie, the stories they print are sh*te and they even get paid for us to read it.

I think in todays economic climate and the pay offs going on it is a bit of a cheek for our union to ask for a rise and I have friends who have been laid off, so it would be the right thing not to have an award, but on the other hand when you have directors getting six figure sum bonuses and asking not just us but the whole First Group workforce not to take a rise then they have a cheek.

52% WHAT A LOAD OF sh*te.................

Your own union admitted they asked for a 40% rise.

Do you think that's fair?

No figures have been discussed,I know two bus drivers who are disgusted at the LIES the EE have printed today.

The EE does not like 1st bus,along the same lines as their hatred for Dons fans.

However he admitted the union had put forward a package to First Aberdeen which equated to a 40% rise.

Isn't it illegal for a newspaper to claim someone specifically said something that they didn't actually say?

Then put an end to this min, and tell us what your union is talking about? What does it expect as a percentage for a rise? You're all for, "The EE is a crock of sh*t," Which isn't far off the mark usually, but at least they're mentioning figures. Tell us what the real pay increase the unions are looking for, so we can appreciate the difference.

Get more Poles in, they're mental, drive well fast and make the route up as they go along, far better than the local miserable b*stards who drive for First.

:thumbup1:

Fan I bed in Torry there was a Polish dude who had a superb theory on fit the route should be for a 59.

It wis entirely ace fun. How he didni knock affa aboot fifty wing mirros wi' the rate he wis gan and the gaps he wis yarkin' through, a jist dinna ken.

You'd have thought they would have robots driving the buses by now.

:laughing:

We've been told we're not getting pay rises this year due to the economic climate, I don't think a single person at my work has raised a complaint about that. Bus drivers GTF.

Aye.

And I got a 10% cut earlier this year.

Barely scrape by pitting the odd morsel on the table...mi hale larder looks like it wis bocht in the shop ca'd "Whoops"...and i can hardly afford ti keep misel in beer nooadays...BUT...div'ye see me bubblin' and greeting...threatening to stop working...and fcking pitting auld wifies lives in danger?

Dee ye fck.

Ats cos i'm a real mannie.

I've got morals me, so a hiv.

where's the strike? just aberdeen or all over the place?

can't see f**k all on the first website and google returns news from 2005 and 2008.

No strikes announced yet but there is a risk of one in the future. This thread was first created way back in December 2008 when they did go on strike.

Not sure if it is just Aberdeen services or if other places where First operate will be affected.

No strikes announced yet but there is a risk of one in the future. This thread was first created way back in December 2008 when they did go on strike.

Not sure if it is just Aberdeen services or if other places where First operate will be affected.

aahhh nice one cheers

Bus staff vote for strike action

Staff members at First Bus in Aberdeen have voted in favour of strike action over pay, with about 70% of those who voted backing the move.

The T&G Unite union had recommended a vote in favour of industrial action this summer.

First Bus management called on the union to "sit down with us to agree a way forward" after the vote.

Similar action last year, before a deal, brought buses to a standstill. No strike dates have yet been announced.

Duncan Cameron, operations director at First in Aberdeen, said: "The people of Aberdeen will neither understand nor forgive the union for the disruption that would be caused by a strike."

The company said no rise was available unless staff agreed changes to their terms and conditions.

The union's regional organiser, Tommy Campbell, said they were still willing to negotiate.

:thumbup1:

Reporting Scotland says strikes could happen as early as next week.