First Drivers' Strike Goes Ahead Saturday

K-9

In 30 years time somebdy will mak a filum aboot some kid fae Mounthooly that wants to be in Strictly Come Dancin.

His auld man winna be happy cause he ay wanted him tae be a bus driver.

The music score could include hits like "Bus Stop" by the Hollies, Barry White "Your my First......." and The Jacksons with "Don't Stop Till You Get Enough".

While the kid is birlin through the streets o Aiberdeen they could re-enact scenes of busses abandoned on West North Street and auld folk being thrown aff on King Street. Plus they could hae a scrap between 2 young mothers over the last remaining buggy park on the number 17 to Garden City or the number 4 to Sea Beach, just to mix current trends with nostalgic names.

They could call it Wullie Duncealot.

The final scene could see Wullie in the the show duncing an American Smooth, while the band belt oot The Beautiful Souths " Perfect 10", just as he finishes, bending his sexy partner oer his knee, the scene fades oot to be replaced by images of a number 11 coming doon Mid Stocket Road and being pelted by bricks and sna ba's by wee cxnts oot o Oakbank. The driver is taken by surprise and swerves uncontrollably into a wall, and topples over.

Wullie draps the sexy bird and stands bolt upright as if in sudden shock. A tear rolls doon his cheek.

The scene floats back to an image of the deid bus driver...............it's Wullies da.

Still in tears, Craig Revel Hollywood tells him " that wis shxte min, now fxck off back to Aiberdeen, I hear they are a driver short ".

Have I just teen that too far?

ERM??? yes just a tad

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 30 years time somebdy will mak a filum aboot some kid fae Mounthooly that wants to be in Strictly Come Dancin.

The music score could include hits like "Bus Stop" by the Hollies, Barry White "Your my First......." and The Jacksons with "Don't Stop Till You Get Enough".

While the kid is birlin through the streets o Aiberdeen they could re-enact scenes of busses abandoned on West North Street and auld folk being thrown aff on King Street. Plus they could hae a scrap between 2 young mothers over the last remaining buggy park on the number 17 to Garden City or the number 4 to Sea Beach, just to mix current trends with nostalgic names.

The final scene could see Wullie in the the show duncing an American Smooth, while the band belt oot The Beautiful Souths " Perfect 10", just as he finishes, bending his sexy partner oer his knee, the scene fades oot to be replaced by images of a number 11 coming doon Mid Stocket Road and being pelted by bricks and sna ba's by wee cxnts oot o Oakbank. The driver is taken by surprise and swerves uncontrollably into a wall, and topples over.

Wullie draps the sexy bird and stands bolt upright as if in sudden shock. A tear rolls doon his cheek.

The scene floats back to an image of the deid bus driver...............it's Wullies da.

Still in tears, Craig Revel Hollywood tells him " that wis shxte min, now fxck off back to Aiberdeen, I hear they are a driver short ".

:laughing:

Where is the guy that works for the First bus, he seemed to have disappeared after I made my point........well there is a surprise.

I wanted to find out who they are thinking about when these sort of things are going on, i.e. the strikes, the dropping off before end of route, driving off without picking up passengers.........is it just young ones that is being thought of when this sort of thing is being done? I'm just keen to find out because my mates gran is actually in the hospital right now suffering (bad chest infection) big style because of the cold and why? Because the bus never turned up...........nice one lads! All respect I MAY have had for you lot has completely and utterly disappeared, you bunch of selfish arrogant PRICKS!!!! So I ask again, are you actually thinking of anyone but yourselves, in situations like this. I couldn't really care if a bus never turned up for me, because I'm sure I can stand the cold and I won't end up in hospital over the heads of it..............but others that just isn't the case.

Also, elderly use your service every other day...........they use the NHS every day also. Now, say you take ill one day and you are really requiring to go to hospital, and your only way is to get there is bus, but wait they are on strike...........so you manage to get up to the hospital, and when you get there, Nurses / Doctors / staff a like are standing outside because they have gone on strike, now what would your comments be on that?

All the NHS being on strike, because they want a 5% wage increase, but have only been given 4%, feelings then First bus poster?

P.S. The bus strikes are off on Friday, neighbour was saying last night that there was 6 hour talks so reckons it might be off.

SELFISH b*stardS!!!!! VERY GOOD!!!!!

Hey Knobend am back some folk dont sit on a computer all day if your so concerned why dont you apply for a job and see if you can help, nah your probably one of those twats that moan if the bus is on time "Driver your sharp the day" WTF does that mean.

Anyway maybe we should all apply for other jobs and then there will be nae caant to drive the buses and of course the massive rush of people to drive these buses will be huge.The company cant get drivers as it is and keep the staff they have.

This strike was against the management not the public, of course the public are going to suffer as they are the customers a pity the company didnt think of that as well.

I cant reply for other drivers but the law states you cant abandon passengers who are on a bus and you must take them to their destination then you can go back to the depot.We also have driving regulations which state you can only drive for a certain time before you have to have a break and that is law as well if you break the law it is our licence that is a risk.The Evening Express is a rag who love to stir up the crap they would write anything to sell the rag.

The NHS staff are the same they are treated like crap by their management because they know they wont go on strike and are low paid in some departments but as I have been told on here you know the wages and conditions when you take the job so if you are not happy get another job, hey become a bus driver we are looking for staff, loads of money, great working hours, lovely customers and warm up to date buses.

Anyway I hope your mates gran improves as we know how dodgy some of these hospitals can be with MRSA floating about.............

Hey Knobend am back some folk dont sit on a computer all day if your so concerned why dont you apply for a job and see if you can help, nah your probably one of those twats that moan if the bus is on time "Driver your sharp the day" WTF does that mean.Anyway maybe we should all apply for other jobs and then there will be nae caant to drive the buses and of course the massive rush of people to drive these buses will be huge.The company cant get drivers as it is and keep the staff they have.

This strike was against the management not the public, of course the public are going to suffer as they are the customers a pity the company didnt think of that as well.

I cant reply for other drivers but the law states you cant abandon passengers who are on a bus and you must take them to their destination then you can go back to the depot.We also have driving regulations which state you can only drive for a certain time before you have to have a break and that is law as well if you break the law it is our licence that is a risk.The Evening Express is a rag who love to stir up the crap they would write anything to sell the rag.

The NHS staff are the same they are treated like crap by their management because they know they wont go on strike and are low paid in some departments but as I have been told on here you know the wages and conditions when you take the job so if you are not happy get another job, hey become a bus driver we are looking for staff, loads of money, great working hours, lovely customers and warm up to date buses.

Anyway I hope your mates gran improves as we know how dodgy some of these hospitals can be with MRSA floating about.............

it means that the driver is on time today as he may not have been on previous days. is that clear enough.

not really much need to label your customers as twats is there.

I'll ignore your wee rant and put that down to the time of the month.

Maybe get your facts correct re MRSA.

It is usually taken into the hospital by patient or visitor and not something

that is caught in the hospital.

Hey Roberto :applause::lolrangers: I sure will have a nice day knowing that all this money coming our way, I can't decide if it's a Caribbean cruise or Monaco.

I dont care two fooks as the Huns say "No one likes us we dont care" :lolrangers:

Anyway this is my last post on the subject so this is mega buck rich bus driver signing off :swear:

Remind me... why should I change my attitude that ALL bus drivers are absolute arseholes

Hey Roberto :applause::lolrangers: I sure will have a nice day knowing that all this money coming our way, I can't decide if it's a Caribbean cruise or Monaco.

I dont care two fooks as the Huns say "No one likes us we dont care" :lolrangers:

Anyway this is my last post on the subject so this is mega buck rich bus driver signing off :swear:

i'd think any support you had has just disapeared once you started to gloat about your awesome payrise

• Site Sponsor

I enjoyed that min

Some of the stuff in this thread, on both sides, is a disgrace. Wishing HIV on others? You'd be best closing this thread. AFC Chat, like the rest of the internet, has shown whenever anonymity is involved there's no reasonable debate but petty mudslinging and name-calling.

Sad stuff gents.

Some of the stuff in this thread, on both sides, is a disgrace. Wishing HIV on others?

Wishing someone gets HIV doesn't mean they'll get it though. If it did, I'd have the highest post count on here and everyone else would be looking like Hibs fans.

I enjoyed that min

Ach I have my moments, but to be honest, I was thinking like Terrorfex, and was a bit embarrassed at some of the name calling. It was my attempt to make light of a serious issue.

I read the letters page in the EE tonight and it is sad to say that there was better debate there than on this thread.

Seemsdrivers took 4.5% after refusing 4%. Striking over 0.5%? Was it not something like 7p an hour they were arguing over meaning they accepted less than 4p an hour rise?

More like they bottled it and don't want to take 2 days off this weekend with no pay at all.

Seemsdrivers took 4.5% after refusing 4%. Striking over 0.5%? Was it not something like 7p an hour they were arguing over meaning they accepted less than 4p an hour rise?

More like they bottled it and don't want to take 2 days off this weekend with no pay at all.

Apparently so. Hardly seems worth all the hassle they went to to gain an extra 4p an hour. They probably realised how stupid they were being.

Forum

Humour

Serious

Jokes

Look all four words up in the dictionary please.

Never say never say as James Bond said, did you see me on telly last night at castle gate I was the one heading into the bank with the briefcase, never knew that papernotes could be so heavy.

If you let me know Roberto where in Australia your going I could let you know some good places to visit.

Mexico nah to many Yanks go there..............

• Site Sponsor
Never say never say as James Bond said, did you see me on telly last night at castle gate I was the one heading into the bank with the briefcase, never knew that papernotes could be so heavy.

If you let me know Roberto where in Australia your going I could let you know some good places to visit.

Mexico nah to many Yanks go there..............

On a bus drivers wages? :tumbleweed:

Pretty sure it'll be a bit mair complex than just an extra 0.5% at the end mibbe

And regards to Harpers closing post, maybe me but shirley he was just having a laugh? :laughing: onyway the only way he'll be heading to Monaco with his new payrise will be if he takes a busmans holiday

I'm sure he was.

As a side issue, does anyone mind fan the busses used to use the Castle Gate as a sort of terminus. What a bustling area it used to be, unlike now where it is a soul less pedestrian area frequented by undesirables. Bring back ACT.

• Site Sponsor
I'm sure he was.

As a side issue, does anyone mind fan the busses used to use the Castle Gate as a sort of terminus. What a bustling area it used to be, unlike now where it is a soul less pedestrian area frequented by undesirables. Bring back ACT.

I do. They blocked the through road off and I don't know why they wouldn't want to reopen it.

I do. They blocked the through road off and I don't know why they wouldn't want to reopen it.

They should get many buses to terminate at Castlegate and then go back to where

they started.If anyone wants to go further then they jump on another bus.

Kingswells to Seaton is far too long a journey for a driver to be able to stick

to a timetable for.