Formula One

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport...one/7962869.stm

Apparently the new Brawn team have put together an absolutely awesome car.... is it possible they could compete with Ferrari and McLaren this season?

Should be an exciting World Championship this year! I hope Renault can mount a serious challenge this year - it their engineers can match Ferrari & McLaren, then I'd fancy Alonso to take the title!

from what I've heard Mclaren have been preforming really poor in pre-season testing and have admitted that they are not competitive. For the first few races at least they might not be challenging for race wins but simply trying to get some points as Ferrari, Brawn, Renault and BMW all seem to be stronger than them so far. I've always been a mclaren fan so I'm hoping they are going to be more competitive than the times suggest but guess we'll just have to wait and see. Cant wait for the new season much longer, I'll be up late to watch the qualifying and race live like I always do.

Apparently the new Brawn team have put together an absolutely awesome car.... is it possible they could compete with Ferrari and McLaren this season?

Ferrari were nowhere for 20 years until Ross Brawn came along. Seems hard to believe he can get them to this level already, but you never know.

You're joking?! Oh well I'm not going to watch it till next year!

Back to slicks, less downforce addons, less testing.

I'm sort of with you, and haven;t really followed F1 for a few years now, but this season I'm giving it a chance for the first few races at least.

Glad to see barrichello still has a race seat at brawn. he's one of few drivers left who were there when I started watching F1. If a McClaren doesn't win it this season then I'd like to see him win it. Better than that prick Button and he deserves some more glory from from a career which has seen him become the most experianced f1 driver ever but where he's had to play second fiddle to other divers for most of it.

Back to slicks, less downforce addons, less testing.

I'm sort of with you, and haven;t really followed F1 for a few years now, but this season I'm giving it a chance for the first few races at least.

think some teams have got their new KERS system up and running already, though I'm not sure if they'll actually be using it in Australia.

I'm looking forward to the new season. Not looking forward to this boost crap though. Seems to me like they're just turning it into a computer game.

I've never really supprted teams just supported DC but with him gone I'm supporting Vettel this year. He seems like a good guy and definetly has the talent to reach the top

McLaren will appear before Formula 1's governing body, the FIA, on 29 April to answer charges relating to a breach of the International Sporting Code. McLaren were found guilty of misleading race stewards following the Australian Grand Prix, which led to Lewis Hamilton being disqualified from the race.

Reading else where there is a very real chance that McLaren could get thrown out of the constructors' championship because of this.

Guest LondonScottish
I think Hamilton may walk away from them now, neither him or his father are happy with the team and there is just something about them that makes me think they'll walk to save face.

Hamilton owes them everything. He can't walk away.

I think he will, he aint happy with the car and aint happy with all the lying that has happened making him look very, very bad in it.

No chance, He has been with them since he was at Kart level.

He was with Mclaren when they were fined $100 million in 2007 for the spying scandal.

The car is not good now , But by the time F1 comes to the European circuits it will suit them much more.

Guest LondonScottish
I think he will, he aint happy with the car and aint happy with all the lying that has happened making him look very, very bad in it.

McLaren usually have a great car, but in F1 occasionally a team has a blip. McLaren will be back without a doubt; it may only be a few races until they have a competitive car, it may be next season.

And the "lie" seems pretty small potatoes judging by the transcript.