• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McGregor

Hutton Berra Caldwell Naysmith

D. Fletcher Brown, Ferguson McCormack

S. Fletcher Miller

Got to play 2 upfront in this one.

Would you not like to see McCormack given a run up tops with Morrison handed a wide berth?

Completely agree with having two up front as it's a game in which we have to try to get in the ascendancy straight from the off. Hopefully Hutton's fitness stands up to the test as he's probably our primary attacking threat even though he's a RB. Getting him bombing up and down that right hand side would cause Iceland a good few problems

Would you not like to see McCormack given a run up tops with Morrison handed a wide berth?

Completely agree with having two up front as it's a game in which we have to try to get in the ascendancy straight from the off. Hopefully Hutton's fitness stands up to the test as he's probably our primary attacking threat even though he's a RB. Getting him bombing up and down that right hand side would cause Iceland a good few problems

Reverting to 442 and getting Teale out of the team should be the priority.

McCormack did well on the wing first half yesterday. Would keep him there with option to push up.

Would prefer to have Morrison on the right with Fletcher and Brown in the centre and Ferguson on the bench, but that aint going to happen.

Reverting to 442 and getting Teale out of the team should be the priority.

McCormack did well on the wing first half yesterday. Would keep him there with option to push up.

Would prefer to have Morrison on the right with Fletcher and Brown in the centre and Ferguson on the bench, but that aint going to happen.

Yeah spot on with the shout about removing woeful gary from the side being top priority. Also wouldn't have any gripes with keeping McCormack in a wide role as he gave us decent shape last nyt and getting him going at an isolated wing back, as he'll surely get more opportunity against Iceland to do so than he did against the dutch, could be very productive for us.

I realise it'll probably be percieved as just an Aberdeen fan having a go at Ferguson because he's a hun but it really isn't happening for him at the moment so Burley would be more than justified to leave him out and go with something similar to what you've suggested. Can't see it materialising though which is a shame as we could dowith freshening things up. Fletcher and Ferguson have never clicked and seldom have even looked like doing so

Looking at the remaining fixtures we really could/ should get 2nd place.

The problem being the 2nd worst 2nd place team in the other groups are on 9 points already. So can see it being another glorious failure by finishing second but out of the playoffs.

The problem being the 2nd worst 2nd place team in the other groups are on 9 points already. So can see it being another glorious failure by finishing second but out of the playoffs.

the other teams in the current runners up spots dont have their results against the bottoms sides to count towards the playoff spot.

We really need to win the rest of the games. Which is quite achieveable really.

Iceland (H)

Norway (A)

Macedonia (H)

Holland (H)

Just the Norway game worries me. Holland should have their feet up and cigars out long before they arrive at Hampden.

We really need to win the rest of the games. Which is quite achieveable really.

Iceland (H)

Norway (A)

Macedonia (H)

Holland (H)

Just the Norway game worries me. Holland should have their feet up and cigars out long before they arrive at Hampden.

Norway have Holland and Macedonia away in their next 2 games so they could be well out of the running by the time we play them.

Did i imagine it or is it right that the worst group runner up don't make play offs?

Correct.

If the play offs were decided today, our group would be worst and nobody would be playing in the play offs.

Hence the need to win every other game, just so we can get pumped out of the play offs by Ireland or something.

If we can't win this match then the campaign is over and Burley is close to the exit door. Mentioned on another thread that I'm sure I heard that Iceland lost to the Faroe Islands in a friendly recently. So we should be winning this with ease. And I think we will win but it'll be a 1-0 or 2-1.

If we lost, I think Burley would have to resign, either that or he'd be sacked.

Sadly I think it'll be 0-0 (if Kenny Misser leads the line) or 1-1 on Wednesday, which will be enough for Burley to save his job, but not enough for Scotland to remain in the competition. I honestly think we'd have to have a complete shocker to lose on Wednesday. Iceland are terrible.

If we lost, I think Burley would have to resign, either that or he'd be sacked.

Sadly I think it'll be 0-0 (if Kenny Misser leads the line) or 1-1 on Wednesday, which will be enough for Burley to save his job, but not enough for Scotland to remain in the competition. I honestly think we'd have to have a complete shocker to lose on Wednesday. Iceland are terrible.

We've gone backwards to the point where we will only beat the really sh*te teams at home, but that will be it.

Don't see where the goals are going to come from at the moment. Maybe a set piece or something. Will be 1-0 at best.

McManus might be back for this one.

Not sure what difference that will make, its up front where the concerns lie at the moment.

Berra didn't do that bad against the Dutch - will be up against a lower class of team so I'd keep him and Caldwell at the back but no doubt Mick will walk back in alongside Caldwell.

Agree, worrying lack of goals/goalscorer up front.

Berra didn't do that bad against the Dutch - will be up against a lower class of team so I'd keep him and Caldwell at the back but no doubt Mick will walk back in alongside Caldwell.

Agree, worrying lack of goals/goalscorer up front.

I agree it was a difficult game, he was no worse than any of the other defender. Berra is a better player than McManus anyway.

Scotland boss George Burley could be about to drop five players for the match against Iceland with goalkeeper Allan McGregor, Gary Teale, Christophe Berra, Graham Alexander and Kenny Miller's places all under threat. (The Sun)

Interesting if true. Team will maybe be close to the following if true:

Gordon

Hutton Caldwell McManus Naysmith

Brown Ferguson D Fletcher Morrison

Iwelumo/S Fletcher, McCormack

Surely 2 up top anyway

Scotland boss George Burley could be about to drop five players for the match against Iceland with goalkeeper Allan McGregor, Gary Teale, Christophe Berra, Graham Alexander and Kenny Miller's places all under threat. (The Sun)

Gordon

Surely 2 up top anyway

Iwelumo struggling to make it so would probably be Fletcher/McCormack up front. Would be happy with that and that line up in that formation although I'd say a bit harsh on McGregor and Berra being dropped. Berra to make way for McManus I can understand but McGregor didn't really do anything wrong.

Gordon

Surely 2 up top anyway

i really hope thats true

Iwelumo struggling to make it so would probably be Fletcher/McCormack up front. Would be happy with that and that line up in that formation although I'd say a bit harsh on McGregor and Berra being dropped. Berra to make way for McManus I can understand but McGregor didn't really do anything wrong.

I need to disagree, the media don't seem to be jumping on it but I thought he could have been off his line for both 1st and 2nd goals. Maybe very slightly impeded for one of them, but his effort was pitiful.

A new defence in front of him and he gave them no help at all.