Alan Shearer

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LondonScottish
of 10 points or staying up?

May have over stated with my estimate but they are not going down

Newcastle have a fairly nasty run-in. I do still feel they could do it though.

However I don't think they'd ever have been in that position if they hadn't employed Dennis Wise.

NEWCASTLE United today pinned their hopes on a bag of magic beans bought on the way to market.

beansx.jpg

The beans have been a regular on Match of the Day

The relegation threatened club said the beans had been acquired in exchange for an old cow in a deal worth some beans and a cow.

Newcastle fans were ecstatic at the return of the bag of beans which spent 10 glorious years sitting on the opposition goal line at St James's Park.

The beans will now be thrown out of a window in a last-ditch bid to keep the Magpies in the top flight.

Bill McKay, vice-chairman of the Toon Army supporters club, said: "Why waste money on an experienced manager with a good track record who knows how to get the best out of an unremarkable squad when you can just some chuck some magic beans into the garden and see what happens next?

"After years of disappointment and instability, Newcastle fans can now look forward to a period of beanstalks, stolen geese, thwarted, bread-making giants and an unlimited supply of big, shiny golden eggs."

But Charlie Reeves, football analyst at Donnelly-McPartlin, said: "It's a bold move. The only obstacle I can foresee is that while magic beans have been known to work, their success is limited exclusively to children's fairytales.

"The problem is that the Premier League is very real and, unfortunately for Newcastle, a bag of magic beans is not going to work just because they really, really want it to."

The Daily Mash :laughing:

The Daily Mash :laughing:

Youve just copied that from the link I posted earlier. Admit it. I'm sulking. :laughing:

They're hopefully going to go down. Can't stick them. They employed Sounass FFS. Deserve everything thatscoming to them.

Still think Shearer has bottled it. If they go down its no fault of his if they stay up he's a hero. Utter sh!tehoose.

as a sunderland fan, i find this to be a very desperate move from them, shearer is gonna end up the same as keegan. hailed as a hero when given the job, and when newcastle go down it'll be all his fault, and his hero status will be gone. if he does manage to keep them up, then how long till tha fans want kinnear sacked and shearer permanently

Still think they'll survive??

Stoke will do them at the 'Britannia' and they'll be gone along with 'Boro'

:)

Certainly wouldn't disagree with you there. The desire embedded within the Stoke side is virtually unrivalled elsewhere in the Premiership and with Newcastle not having much of a spine to their team with a soft core all points toward Stoke's direct, aggressive approach being too much for them. Only heartening thing for the geordies at the moment is Sunderland's slide in performances, results and thus down the league showing no sign of slowing

Certainly wouldn't disagree with you there. The desire embedded within the Stoke side is virtually unrivalled elsewhere in the Premiership and with Newcastle not having much of a spine to their team with a soft core all points toward Stoke's direct, aggressive approach being too much for them. Only heartening thing for the geordies at the moment is Sunderland's slide in performances, results and thus down the league showing no sign of slowing

Sunderland have United next week and Portsmouth have West Brom at home. A Stoke win could make it likely the two NE clubs will be battling with each other for survival.

Sunderland have United next week and Portsmouth have West Brom at home. A Stoke win could make it likely the two NE clubs will be battling with each other for survival.

Would say your spot on there, think the other sides with the threat of relegation still looming over them e.g pompey, hull, blackburn, bolton, stoke will just about do enough to pull away from the two NE sides and the way the fixtures fall supports the suggestion these big rivals will to fighting one another to beat the drop. Not saying it's definitely a dog fight involving only them two but would suggest that this is most likely to materialise in the coming weeks

I come from up north near the Carnegie Club and Skibo Castle the owner of which is Ellis Short also Sunderland's owner. Three of my mates who work out there are being taken to hospitality at next weeks game against united courtesy of Short, perks of the job!