Leeds Bottle It Again

Guest LondonScottish

Why does a team "bottle it" if they don't win a game?

Millwall have been playing a lot better than in the last couple of seasons, with some cracking young players, and Leeds have been stuttering along, mainly due to Gary McAllister not being able to do anything with a team which on paper should have been good enough to get automatic promotion.

Millwall played better over the two legs and very much deserved it; lets hope they win the playoff final. :thumbup1:

Millwall have been playing a lot better than in the last couple of seasons, with some cracking young players, and Leeds have been stuttering along, mainly due to Gary McAllister not being able to do anything with a team which on paper should have been good enough to get automatic promotion.

Millwall played better over the two legs and very much deserved it; lets hope they win the playoff final. :thumbup1:

watched the game, some good old fashioned meaty challenges in the first 2 mins, quality stuff!

never watched either team before tonight, safe to say either side would pump anyone in the SPL, possibly even include the old firm in that, really good football played, was pleasantly suprised.

Guest LondonScottish
watched the game, some good old fashioned meaty challenges in the first 2 mins, quality stuff!

never watched either team before tonight, safe to say either side would pump anyone in the SPL, possibly even include the old firm in that, really good football played, was pleasantly suprised.

We would struggle in League 1, let alone the Championship.

And no-one at Millwall is on more than 2k a week now.....they've brought through some decent young players, and doen some great scouting. Zak Whitbread is a young centre half who came from Liverpool, and is superb. Unfortunately quite a few EPL clubs are sniffing around.

Kenny Jackett has worked extremely hard on the scouting front, along with bringing on the kids, and grabbing the odd decent loan signing. With no money, and low crowds, it just shows what can be done.

And no-one at Millwall is on more than 2k a week now.....they've brought through some decent young players, and doen some great scouting. Zak Whitbread is a young centre half who came from Liverpool, and is superb. Unfortunately quite a few EPL clubs are sniffing around.

Kenny Jackett has worked extremely hard on the scouting front, along with bringing on the kids, and grabbing the odd decent loan signing. With no money, and low crowds, it just shows what can be done.

agreed, football on offer was superb for that level, scary to think thats third division, leeds goal was a masterclass of team work.

football was played on the deck (as it should be) and at a high tempo (not frantic and aimless like the spl), granted it was a big game but still, i would fukin cream myself if we played by that!

young guy howson looked good for leeds as did the guy martin for milwall.

Guest SS RED

Absolute, unadulterated pish!

Millwall played better over the two legs and very much deserved it; lets hope they win the playoff final. :unsure:

TBF Millwall have hardly looked like Championship material any time I've seen them in the last few seasons. Zac Whitbred ad David Fforde were the only reason you didn't get an absolute doing at our place just after we had gone something like 12 games without a win, and you only got a draw because of 95th minute equaliser with two handballs and a blatant foul on the keeper.

Scunny for me now, as long as Hooper is fit.

Should add that I wouldn't be surprised to see Leeds "do a Leicester" next season, with Grayson in from the start.

Guest LondonScottish
TBF Millwall have hardly looked like Championship material any time I've seen them in the last few seasons. Zac Whitbred ad David Fforde were the only reason you didn't get an absolute doing at our place just after we had gone something like 12 games without a win, and you only got a draw because of 95th minute equaliser with two handballs and a blatant foul on the keeper.

Scunny for me now, as long as Hooper is fit.

Should add that I wouldn't be surprised to see Leeds "do a Leicester" next season, with Grayson in from the start.

I would have loved to have Zak up here. Good young prospect when he went on loan. The draw was a fair result; 95th minute or 20th minute, who cares? And if the referee didn't see any foul play, there wasn't any. :unsure:

Millwall are very hot and cold, just slightly more hot this season. When they put it together it works well, but they can get properly gubbed on occasion.

And as for Leeds, they should have got automatic promotion this season, but for Gary Mac. I agree, they could do a Leicester next season, but there are some "big" clubs coming down, so could be an interesting season. I wouldn't fancy trying to get out of League next season as its going to be very very tight.

Defo fancy Leeds based on way they have finished season, excluding the play offs obviously.

Bet the league would have preferred Leeds at final as would have taken a huge support.

Millwall didn't even sell out the new den for the play offs.

Guest LondonScottish
Defo fancy Leeds based on way they have finished season, excluding the play offs obviously.

Bet the league would have preferred Leeds at final as would have taken a huge support.

And Millwall won't?

I would have loved to have Zak up here. Good young prospect when he went on loan. The draw was a fair result; 95th minute or 20th minute, who cares? And if the referee didn't see any foul play, there wasn't any. :rolleyes:

Millwall are very hot and cold, just slightly more hot this season. When they put it together it works well, but they can get properly gubbed on occasion.

And as for Leeds, they should have got automatic promotion this season, but for Gary Mac. I agree, they could do a Leicester next season, but there are some "big" clubs coming down, so could be an interesting season. I wouldn't fancy trying to get out of League next season as its going to be very very tight.

Potentially 7 (SEVEN) former Premier League clubs in League 1 next season.

The dangers of chasing the dream!

whats that got to do with anything?

football is about what happens on the pitch nae how many fans each team has.

whats that got to do with anything?

football is about what happens on the pitch nae how many fans each team has.

LOL did you even read what I said? I said the league, as in the organisers, would prefer Leeds due to their huge support so that they get a big crowd at the final.

London Scottish, fairly safe to assume Millwall won't take anywhere near the amount Leeds will, see what happens though, could be wrong.

Guest LondonScottish
LOL did you even read what I said? I said the league, as in the organisers, would prefer Leeds due to their huge support so that they get a big crowd at the final.

London Scottish, fairly safe to assume Millwall won't take anywhere near the amount Leeds will, see what happens though, could be wrong.

There's a lot of Wembley-only merchants down here. I reckon they'll sell 30k give or take.

Millwall played better over the two legs and very much deserved it; lets hope they win the playoff final. :wtf:

Didn't see the first leg but from watching the game last night it's safe to say Leeds were all over Millwall - Leeds seriously f**ked up at the back for Millwall's goal.

Guest SS RED

No trouble would have happened probably circa 600 coppers, kept in after game, bussed in and out, basically impossible unless they went through the Old Bill to get to them, not really qworth a year in jail.

Didn't see the first leg but from watching the game last night it's safe to say Leeds were all over Millwall - Leeds seriously f**ked up at the back for Millwall's goal.

Same here, thought Millwall were dreadful last night. Leeds weren't great last night but deserved to win in my opinion