The Ashes

Guest LondonScottish
That wasn't there AT ALL when I read what you had said......how does that Fleetwood Mac song go again, tell me lies......tell me sweet little lies....

Ask any of the mods to check it. It most definitely was.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LondonScottish
Really so why does my quote at 11.45am only have the "Have you ever been to a test match".......so very good liar :)

Eh? Aha....I'll give you that. I must have been typing as you hit reply. Nothing underhand intended. Apologies.

A very interesting wee session that was.

Even although the Aussies arent that quick England were struggling with the short ball.

Ravi Bopara was scratching around like an old hen and he will be exposed for what he is over the course of this series if if he lasts it. Aussies are pretty good at pinpointing a weakness and they are very good at exploiting it.

That said - the Aussie bowling still isnt that impressive and it says more about Englands nervous batting than anything - if they can get rid of Pietersen pretty early after lunch then they will skittle them for under 250 and then their decision to pick 2 spinners will come back to bite them in the arse as they get tonked all around Wales in the first innings.

Guest LondonScottish
GET IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

England could just crumble now, unless the alcoholic pulls a rabbit out the hat. Cue the sledging when he gets on the park :laughing::):laughing:

Where are you going to get a rabbit from? :laughing:

Where are you going to get a rabbit from? :tumbleweed:

:tumbleweed:

Kind of glad i edited out the bit where I said I'd take England to win the first test with you aswell LS, not as confident now, think they will still win this first one but they need to steady the ship early doors tomorrow.

Guest SS RED
England and Wales. Cardiff is in Wales.

It's England v Austrialia isn't it?

Is Cardiff in Wales? Well every days a school day....

Guest LondonScottish
8 down, 2 to go.

Australia are almost up to England's first innings total with 6 wickets still remaining. They'll probably declare tomorrow on just over 600 I would imagine.

Guest LondonScottish
It'll be a draw because it's gonna rain.

Not necessarily. If Australia can get 250 or so ahead, there's a chance of more swing on the final day, and they may fancy of bowling England out.

Guest LondonScottish
Not necessarily. If Australia can get 250 or so ahead, there's a chance of more swing on the final day, and they may fancy of bowling England out.

Mini. How's our bet looking? :hysterical:

Guest LondonScottish
Match drawn, MON

But England have absolutely nothing. All well and good clinging on playing defensive just to bat it out, but they haven't got the bowl attack or quality of batsmen to win any test this term.

Compared to 2005, this is a very poor side.

England's tail plus Collingwood did do remarkably well to hold out.