Tv Series

Watched a few episodes of "The Purge".  Its alright, they are trying to create series loyalty by introducing lesbian scenes between attractive women, (that old tactic), and I quite like the "social breakdown" theme in general: Escape From New York, Walking Dead, 28 Days Later, The Crow etc.  The Warriors, even, although that's a bit different.

The wife hates it.  She only likes court-room dramas or the formulaic "emergency services" shows, e.g. Chicago Dyno-Rod etc.  They are all really dull.

Finished Ozark Season 2 recently, very underrated show IMHO. That and Stranger Things have been highlights in recent years.

Has anyone seen Maniac yet? I hear good reviews and a few friends of the wife recommend it...

Other than that, just hammering Season 4 of Better Call Saul. Good stuff and proving itself as more than a spin-off of Breaking Bad, which I loved.

Finished Ozark Season 2 recently, very underrated show IMHO. That and Stranger Things have been highlights in recent years.

Has anyone seen Maniac yet? I hear good reviews and a few friends of the wife recommend it...

Other than that, just hammering Season 4 of Better Call Saul. Good stuff and proving itself as more than a spin-off of Breaking Bad, which I loved.

watched many boxsets and thought of better call saul then thought it would be a poor spin off

might watch it now

Better Call Saul does take a while to really get going, but if you can stick with it, by the second half of Season 2 it really picks up and gathers momentum.

The wife and I were saying the other day, that it's made us want to binge watch Breaking Bad again, with a new perspective of how the characters formed.

Other than that, we've been trying to persevere with Homeland, but it's not a binge watch for us, more something we dip in and out of.

Better Call Saul does take a while to really get going, but if you can stick with it, by the second half of Season 2 it really picks up and gathers momentum.

The wife and I were saying the other day, that it's made us want to binge watch Breaking Bad again, with a new perspective of how the characters formed.

Other than that, we've been trying to persevere with Homeland, but it's not a binge watch for us, more something we dip in and out of.

Thanks for info re better call saul i have also watched first season of homeland and liked it but kind of abandoned it in second season (mainly because better seasons of other things came on the go)