The Open 2009

Wish I was going down for a day as the place is an absolutely stunning place to watch/play golf. Shot 71 myself round there a few years back :poster_oops:

My Sunday will be spent all day on the couch watching the great coverage that the BBC provide, I'm sure I will have my usual outburst toward Linekar though as the boy should nae be reporting on golf.

Just put 25 E/W on Els. His record is just too good in The Open nae to back him. Record since 2000 is 2,3,1,18,2,34,3,4,7.

Who's everyone else backing/wanting to win?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish I was going down for a day as the place is an absolutely stunning place to watch/play golf. Shot 71 myself round there a few years back ;)

My Sunday will be spent all day on the couch watching the great coverage that the BBC provide, I'm sure I will have my usual outburst toward Linekar though as the boy should nae be reporting on golf.

Just put 25 E/W on Els. His record is just too good in The Open nae to back him. Record since 2000 is 2,3,1,18,2,34,3,4,7.

Who's everyone else backing/wanting to win?

Want to win - Monty. Obviously I wouldn't put tuppence on him though.

Think will win - Sergio.

Sticking the money on - Too early yet min.

Want to win - Monty. Obviously I wouldn't put tuppence on him though.

Think will win - Sergio.

Sticking the money on - Too early yet min.

im taking the price now cause his odds will be cut if he does well this week at Loch Lomond. Obviously might work other way but ca see the bookies increasing his odds

fan u at the Boat?

There are a trio of players at 100/1 in Jimenez, KJ Choi and Mike Weir who are possibly all worth an e/w punt. This may even be his open debut but have been impressed by what Nick Watney has produced of late so at 80/1 with laddies is appealing enough. Another long - shot who hasn't quite shown on the big stage as yet is the South African Charl Schwartzel who may be at 200/1 for a reason but nevertheless think he could be this years surprise package

was just checking the scheduling and p!ssed aff that no coverage is on their HD channel, fits at aboot? would think that since they are sending around 300 staff to cover the bloody thing that they could take the hd cameras :thumbup1: it's the same as F1 coverage having no hd broadcast.

ALSO for anybody that is working and would like to watch highlights in the evening well unlucky as none are being shown as Setanta had the rights to it. Mind you can watch it through bbc uk website though :thumbs:

ALSO for anybody that is working and would like to watch highlights in the evening well unlucky as none are being shown as Setanta had the rights to it. Mind you can watch it through bbc uk website though :thumbs:

Luckily I'm nae working, and will be catching most of it live. So stick at up yer erse! :thumbup1:

Henrik Stenson 40/1 (Good Open record, Good record in important tournaments) - Most of the funds down on him

Steve Stricker 50/1 (Absolutely on fire this year, straight driver - fantastic putter --decent Open record)

Ben Curtis 66/1 (Two top tens last two years - playing well in 2009)

Brian Gay 100/1 (Fantastic year - like Stricker, excellent driver and putter)

Johan Edfors 250/1 ( Form only decent but notably finished high in the Irish Open on a v.tough links, plus 2 out of his 3 tour wins came in UK, at 250 he's worth a go)

Fredrik Jacobson 250/1 ( caddied for him in the Qatar Masters many years back - stayed in touch since - sentimental vote - also has had a few good finishes at the Open and again 250 is worth a small each way flutter)

Forecast is deteriorating by the hour so it has to be Westwood (so straight), Harrington (good in the poor weather) or a complete outsider to win if the wind turns it into a lottery.

What price oor Paul to win a second...

well if the weather's pish, he's the boy.

Gone for a real mixed bag this time, weather could be a real leveller so may well be a few surprise names up there.

To Win -

Graeme McDowell

Soren Hansen

Raphael Jaquelin

Markus Brier (stormed through qualifying and loves links golf apparently) 225-1 was worth a nugget

Outside punt on Richie Ramsey

EW -

Jimenez, never seems to be far away at a major

Oliver Fisher