Pet Hates

StandFree1982

23 minutes ago, Don Fonte said:

Rack of lamb with a rosemary and redcurrant sauce.

Terrific.

Doner kebab, chilli sauce, stains all over your shirt. Terrific.

Nae sure if it is actually lamb to be fair. Kebab shops must be fucked just now, no way is anyone ordering a donor pizza unless they have been on the cans for 8 hours and trying to locate a taxi rank.

1 hour ago, rocket_scientist said:

I never drink it in this country. Not even a half pint. Just don't like it.

The naysayers will tell us that it tastes the same in Dublin but this is because they have never drank it in Doblin.

It's a totally different product, as the attendees (who haven't visited Doblin) of the Offshore Europe Exhibition 1979 in Aberdeen who got a drink at the Irish Export stand can also attest.

You might be mixing up Guinness Original and Guinness Draft. It's treated differently over there though, I can see how it'd be different. TBH it can vary hugely from pub to pub here. I'll do a Guinness guide of Tayside and Fife one day. Need to get myself round Perth a bit though not really pissed it up there for years.

16 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Given I don't know the difference between original and draft/ draught, I was only talking about the latter.

Like McEwens Export tastes totally different pub-to-pub, I'm aware that Guinness in this country does. In a couple of Irish bars in NYC a couple of years ago it was different again but none of them have the same consistency as you get in Eire. Even the foam colour is different, a brilliant white outwith the republic (including Norn) and a slightly and discernibly more yellow hue within it.

Perth will be fun.

I agree with you man. It'll be different in Eire, I reckon they way they keep it will be the main reason though.

Ever had a blackbeard? Spicy rum and coke topped up with Guinness? Lovely stuff. Right in the mood for one right now.

4 minutes ago, cheesepipes said:

Ive never heard of a Blackbeard, like the idea. 

Ill swap spicy rum for standard dark. I feel OVD would be perfect. 

Topped up in nip glass or a rum n coke in a pint of Guinness 

I'm strict about the coke, got to he a can of proper coke. Schooschy ruins the whole thing.

32 minutes ago, Dad said:

How you can look at a 4pack of store brand for 120p or 1 X fever pitch for a fiver or whatever, is a puzzle I cannae solve

Theyre the same sort of

For the first five years of us going out she drank bombay sapphire with a bottle of Schweppes and was perfectly happy. Now it's all "craft" gin with the matching rip off tonic and a fucking fruit salad in it.

2 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

Folk queuing at shop tills for ages, getting served and then fumbling for their purse/wallet (generally purse). FFS, get organised when you are waiting. 

Same getting on a bus.  It's always older woman, doesn't even occur to the vacant old boots to think ahead. Should've let covid run it's course. 

2 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Personal hate of mine as well . Went by one a couple of years back on the bike . Did the full up on two hind legs thing after being spooked , rider going off her nut at me .

Get fucked . If that toothy arsehole can’t handle a bike then it should stay in a field . 

They should take a lead out of gypos horses books, they dinna bat an eyelid at being inches from lorries on many an A road up and down the land.

2 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Personal hate of mine as well . Went by one a couple of years back on the bike . Did the full up on two hind legs thing after being spooked , rider going off her nut at me .

Get fucked . If that toothy arsehole can’t handle a bike then it should stay in a field . 

Aye, but how did the horse react?

8 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Haha. On another note folk go all soppy about horses don’t they ?  
Pigs >horses . Cows>horses 

Because people think liking horses makes them posh / upper class or some shit like that.  It's all for show, the wifes family had a horse, no idea how they could afford one tbh, and it really was just for show. The wife wants our kids to go horse riding, what a waste of money.  

On 4/9/2021 at 1:38 PM, Poodler said:

Horse birds = psychos 

Agreed.

Used to go out with a girl who had a horse and at first I thought it would be all tight jodhpurs and frolics like a Gilly Cooper novel.

Reality was she spent pretty much every spare moment at the stables mucking out, her jodhpurs stank of wet horse and shit and she spent a small fortune of vet bills.

Cracking ride when she was on top like but that was not enough to save the relationship and we soon split up.

Incidentally she is still single and still into her horses and will probably die old and alone.