Pet Hates

StandFree1982

2 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Only reason it sells is that it's cheap and with alcohol. You wouldn't choose it for taste. 

It's not that cheap,  about £7 or £8.  Considering you can get a similar strength bottle of red/white wine for under a fiver or a half bottle of spirits for under £7.

1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

Aye he'll be discussing the benefits of white lightning and telling us where we can find Special Brew next.

I don't drink cider or Special brew,  mostly GoldenT/Kronenbourg in the boozer and Kronenbourg /rum/bourbon at home.  I have started enjoying a sneaky half bottle of Bucky on the train to fitba games though,  to avoid being bagged up and bursting for a pish the whole time. 

1 minute ago, manboobs109 said:

Do you still get thunderbird? That was fucking horrible. Think it was the red one that was the strong one. Even when I was 13 I preferred cans of Tartan special or bottles of newky.

Drank that a lot for a while in the early 90s,  fuckin rancid but cheap rocket fuel.  Aye the red was a few % stronger than the blue. No idea if it still exists. 

43 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

It's not that cheap,  about £7 or £8.  Considering you can get a similar strength bottle of red/white wine for under a fiver or a half bottle of spirits for under £7.

Yeah. It's not cheap at all. Never was. Ignorant people showing their ignorance there. 

5 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Cheaper ways to get blootered,  it's more of a cultural thing.  No one's gonna meet their pals in the park with a bottle of Cab Sav,  they'd get torn to shreds. 

Yeah. Doubt there's been a better ABV per £ than white cider. £1 for 7.5 units of alcohol. It was the drink of choice for those on a serious budget back when I was 16.