Pet Hates

StandFree1982

When things break - for no good reason 

rode bike home, put bike in garage for 15 mins whilst I popped into house, back out and cycled off for the evening - 4 miles later chain snapped meaning a 4 mile walk home pushing a useless bike 

(I survived and wasn’t hurt in the process) 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, sigh said:

When things break - for no good reason 

rode bike home, put bike in garage for 15 mins whilst I popped into house, back out and cycled off for the evening - 4 miles later chain snapped meaning a 4 mile walk home pushing a useless bike 

(I survived and wasn’t hurt in the process) 

Use a car

Got banned from betting with yet another online bookies just because I have the audacity to win/make a profit (now and again).

Banned for life by Rhinobet this time around, after winning £45 on Calcutta Dreams in the finale at Wolverhamptlon tonight.

Gave honest answers to a questionnaire I received after winning said bet, and the outcome of which was to give me a lifetime ban.

Bookies cannot be bookies without punters though.

Just now, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Getting banned from betting with yet another online bookies just because I have the audacity to win/make a profit (now and again).

Banned for life by Rhinobet this time around, after winning £45 on Calcutta Dreams in the finale at Wolverhamptlon tonight.

Gave honest answers to a questionnaire I received after winning said bet, and the outcome of which was to give me a lifetime ban.

Bookies cannot be bookies without punters though.

This happens to you disturbingly often.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Attention seeking pricks. At least that's what I've heard a lot of other people saying about them. 

How do you know who's the vegetarian in a group of strangers, you don't but they will fucking tell you that they are.

&

They also say vegetarians don't kill anything, well they do, they kill a conversation every time.

(Both courtesy of Jimmy Carr)

2 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Aye yer right there min. That's now 8 bookie bastards I'm banned for life with betting with. 

The questionnaire I answered tonight asked me "do you borrow or steal to fund your betting?"😄

I don't even beg to fund my betting.:checkit:

Maybe you should lie the next time you get a questionnaire. 

• Haha 2
On 4/2/2024 at 1:24 AM, Poodler said:

Pork chops - the worst of all the meats. It’s all fat n salt.

would rather eat tofu ffs

Give me a chop over pulled pork any day. The King of wanky meat.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Slaw and pulled pork are both decent if done well, just too many places serving shite versions as it was trendy. 

Pork chops are ace too. 

Never seen great pulled pork outside The South (Georgia, Alabama, MIss.), even here can't imagine the atrocity it is in Scotland (my first immigrant(illegal) job was in a BBQ joint in rural Georgia)

5 minutes ago, Oregon Red said:

Never seen great pulled pork outside The South (Georgia, Alabama, MIss.), even here can't imagine the atrocity it is in Scotland (my first immigrant(illegal) job was in a BBQ joint in rural Georgia)

There are a few places/food trucks do it decent. Became popular with hipster kind o bbq only places doing it well to begin with. Then near every pub and chain started trying it. 

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

There are a few places/food trucks do it decent. Became popular with hipster kind o bbq only places doing it well to begin with. Then near every pub and chain started trying it. 

Same here in Oregon..but maybe 1 in 20 is OK. Its poor folks food not hipster

4 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Probably nearer 1 in 1000 here. 

Thought it was more black than poor. And the briskets in Texas etc came fae eastern euro butchers originally? 

The history is complex. But if you ever visit The South. And in the"boonies" ask around. They will put you right..and then ask for the moonshine