Perhaps a separate thread could be started called "Bets I Won Today", keep this one for the rare occasions someone posts a bet before they put it on.

Or maybe people shouldn't care that much about it? When playing a bet my first thoughts aren't to rush on to here or twitter and put it up, if I place a bet early enough I will as I have done it plenty of times before, also got to laugh at eastcoastdon who has, in the past put up his bets once they've already won, gimpy cunt that he is.

Anyways Lilys Prince 6-1

Or maybe people shouldn't care that much about it? When playing a bet my first thoughts aren't to rush on to here or twitter and put it up, if I place a bet early enough I will as I have done it plenty of times before, also got to laugh at eastcoastdon who has, in the past put up his bets once they've already won, gimpy cunt that he is.

Anyways Lilys Prince 6-1

At least I've got proof by posting a picture up. If you can rush onto here with a winner then surely you can rush onto here with a loser. Mind you, this chat would hit 2553 pages within a day, get a job

• Upvote 1

At least I've got proof by posting a picture up. If you can rush onto here with a winner then surely you can rush onto here with a loser. Mind you, this chat would hit 2553 pages within a day, get a job

HAHAHAHAHA, why do I have to post a picture? Also have you missed all the losers I've posted here? You are a mong, an ACTUAL MASSIVE SPASTIC, have you missed the stick I've got when I post losers, I hadn't had a bet for a few days, my main interest yesterday was Lilys Edge as I got a email on monday night from ATR tracker.

Well given that only 2% of gamblers actually WIN enough to make a proper go of it, it's safe to say that the majority on here are bookies dreams.

plenty win enough when they control their bets, and limit what they bet on Mini, I know many who can win plenty in a given month with managing their bets and not betting out of boredom or stupidity, its a fine line from making a good few quid, but most punters are looking for big bets and big wins, it dosent happen, the 10 team coupon being an example, its all relevant at the end of the day, however, it seems your throwing yer money doon a pan, each to their own I suppose.

As far as I can see no-one else on this site has tried to make a 'proper go of it'?

Neither have I though given that I don't have the bank to start with, I do loads of bets, small stakes, my biggest single bet in the last year has been £20, I gamble what I can afford and bank what ever I win, my ROI is pretty poor but over the last month it has improved due to cutting down on the amount of bets I was placing.

plenty win enough when they control their bets, and limit what they bet on Mini, I know many who can win plenty in a given month with managing their bets and not betting out of boredom or stupidity, its a fine line from making a good few quid, but most punters are looking for big bets and big wins, it dosent happen, the 10 team coupon being an example, its all relevant at the end of the day, however, it seems your throwing yer money doon a pan, each to their own I suppose.

Rarely do the bigg accas now, that I used to be bad for, most I go for is about 4 teams, the odd 5 or 6 now and then depending on my mood, my main focus since the turn of the year has been trying to do well when trading, mainly in cricket, knowing when to get involved, getting your self in to a good position balanced against the match position and being able to read what is likely to happen with run lines, also dabbling in the complete match market when the weather is dodgy or being able to catch a nice flip, it's all small stakes, if it loses I move on, if it wins I go again, simple really, just because a bet loses it doesn't mean it was a bad bet, most of the time it will have been done for the right reasons.

Rarely do the bigg accas now, that I used to be bad for, most I go for is about 4 teams, the odd 5 or 6 now and then depending on my mood, my main focus since the turn of the year has been trying to do well when trading, mainly in cricket, knowing when to get involved, getting your self in to a good position balanced against the match position and being able to read what is likely to happen with run lines, also dabbling in the complete match market when the weather is dodgy or being able to catch a nice flip, it's all small stakes, if it loses I move on, if it wins I go again, simple really, just because a bet loses it doesn't mean it was a bad bet, most of the time it will have been done for the right reasons.

I'm out.

That's holy batshit crazy talk.

I'll explain.

You place a bet for one reason. To win money or goods. That is the ONLY reason. It's not to enjoy the event. You do that by watching it.

The reason for the bet is for gain. If it doesn't win then it's a bad bet as the only reason for putting it on was to win.

Obviously you want to win money however if that was the case everyone would be backing 1/100 shots just to get the win, me I look for value, it may not always pay off but when it does, it's good, last night for example, Lilys Edge, won well a few weeks ago, up in weights which was a concern but form didn't represent a 33/1 shot, I backed it and it won, had it lost I wouldn't have been overly fussed.

So every bet that doesn't win is a bad bet? Say I back Brazil tomorrow, they get a player sent off and manage a draw, hardly a bad bet is it?

my advice would be to have 1 bet a day on something you really fancy, limit that bet to what you would normally spend in that day, say £100? and then just bet that, if this is something you are doing on a dailly basis, the more you punt in a day, the more you will lose over time.

Obviously you want to win money however if that was the case everyone would be backing 1/100 shots just to get the win, me I look for value, it may not always pay off but when it does, it's good, last night for example, Lilys Edge, won well a few weeks ago, up in weights which was a concern but form didn't represent a 33/1 shot, I backed it and it won, had it lost I wouldn't have been overly fussed.

So every bet that doesn't win is a bad bet? Say I back Brazil tomorrow, they get a player sent off and manage a draw, hardly a bad bet is it?

without trying to sound a cunt, you sound like someone playing with Daddy's money or money you have no worry about losing, thats just plain stupid, every penny your punting should be cared for, if you can afford to lose money, you just shouldnt punt, as when you win, you probably dinna care about that neither as you have nobody to share it with or enjoy it with, maybe yer mates doon the pub, where you'll stand yer hand all night?

• Upvote 1

Mini, I don't have a clue who you are etc, but anyone and everyone can see that this gambling malarkey isn't for you. Get a job and do a small bit on the side. My mate can't get a mortgage or car loan as he defaulted on a loan years he ago - a loan he took to out to pay gambling debts. He defaulted cos he kept gambling. He also came out with lines like the one that the boofon highlighted.

It is a terrible bet as you've lost money. :clangers2:

Of course you look for value but if your bet doesn't win then it's a bad bet. It's maybe not a bad bet before kick off but at the end of the match if the bet hasn't came in then it's a bad bet.

There is no such thing as a good losing bet no matter how much spin you try and put on this.

That's like an alcoholic saying it's OK to have a few tins of Tennent's Lager as it's not really strong lager.

• Upvote 2

Bets are binary - they win or they lose.

Win, you have more than you started with - good.

Lose, you have less than you started with - bad.

Value is subjective - a low value winner is better than a high value loser.

That being said, I suspect he's trolling.

I don't. He falls for this all the time. He'll pretend he is when he gets rattled. Probably end up threatening to fill someone in by noon.

without trying to sound a cunt, you sound like someone playing with Daddy's money or money you have no worry about losing, thats just plain stupid, every penny your punting should be cared for, if you can afford to lose money, you just shouldnt punt, as when you win, you probably dinna care about that neither as you have nobody to share it with or enjoy it with, maybe yer mates doon the pub, where you'll stand yer hand all night?

The money I gamble is my own, it's not a lot, probably less than 10% of what I used to gamble when I worked and didn't really care.

DD, thanks but I know what I'm doing and nothing like that will happen to me, I'm fairly certain of that.

You place a bet because you have reasons, you've researched it, looked for trends or maybe you've spotted something that isn't priced properly, so you back it accordingly, to me you've done it for the right reasons, those that bet on Barca, Real Madrid, Liverpool, Celtic, Rangers, Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City every week are the ones doing it for the wrong reasons, they just pick teams that "should" win, I love nothing more than seeing people moan about "Barca fucking me for £200" when they were a 1/5 shot, it's mindless betting.

The money I gamble is my own, it's not a lot, probably less than 10% of what I used to gamble when I worked and didn't really care.

DD, thanks but I know what I'm doing and nothing like that will happen to me, I'm fairly certain of that.

You place a bet because you have reasons, you've researched it, looked for trends or maybe you've spotted something that isn't priced properly, so you back it accordingly, to me you've done it for the right reasons, those that bet on Barca, Real Madrid, Liverpool, Celtic, Rangers, Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City every week are the ones doing it for the wrong reasons, they just pick teams that "should" win, I love nothing more than seeing people moan about "Barca fucking me for £200" when they were a 1/5 shot, it's mindless betting.

Lol that is amusing I agree.

It's not worth backing them.

The reason for the bet is to win money. What you've put there are justifications not reasons.