Spl Top 10?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i see your points mate but empty stadiums is also financial suicide...fans all over are bored shitless .its meant to be entertaining and enjoyable but playing the likes of hamilton 4 times a season is the complete opposite is it not?more fans would be inclined to go home and away if you only played a team home and away.

Playing Hamilton four times a season is just as 'exciting' as playing Hamilton twice and Cowdenbeath twice, wouldn't you say? Different shades of sh*te. Surely the best idea would be to play more 'quality' more often.

my 2 cents. Maybe if the forces of evil left the spl and therefore left the league wider open for teams to challenge for the title, the attendances at these grounds may increase. I don't know the numbers, but I'm sure that if we were challenging for the league we would have a full or nearly full house at home, which may or may not make up for the losses.

listening to Anthrax a moment ago and their song "keep it in the family" reminds me of the fish n chip on shoulder huns.

14 teams = split = you play teams 4 times = no different than 12 = less money = no point

16 teams = only 2 OF games and 8 less games than now = less income through the gate = less interest from sky = less money from sky = 10% drop in turnover = financial suicide

You are forgetting one thing - that the clubs in SPL 2 will get a decent financial pay because teams there is no way the 7 or 8 clubs will vote for this proposal without a major tv money going to the 2nd league - fianically it would be a disaster for those 3 clubs relegated and we could be one of them although i suppose that we have new manager getting a lift then we don't think we will but you never know 2 years down the line.

I think 14 is the best solution, i would think TV money would be higher this next time and that the 2 extra clubs wouldn't hurt too much finanically - but we are looking at it from a financial way i would rather have a way that we can look at it to improve the scottish game. I think a 10 league will hinder kids coming through because you can't risk them in big matches. Just like what Craig Brown has said that we need experience as the youth players can get us out of our problems so its lucky we got money to spend in this transfer window.

You are forgetting one thing - that the clubs in SPL 2 will get a decent financial pay because teams there is no way the 7 or 8 clubs will vote for this proposal without a major tv money going to the 2nd league - fianically it would be a disaster for those 3 clubs relegated and we could be one of them although i suppose that we have new manager getting a lift then we don't think we will but you never know 2 years down the line.

I think 14 is the best solution, i would think TV money would be higher this next time and that the 2 extra clubs wouldn't hurt too much finanically - but we are looking at it from a financial way i would rather have a way that we can look at it to improve the scottish game. I think a 10 league will hinder kids coming through because you can't risk them in big matches. Just like what Craig Brown has said that we need experience as the youth players can get us out of our problems so its lucky we got money to spend in this transfer window.

More than anything this worry that a ten team league means that 8 teams will set out to avoid relegation shows what a state we are in

People see a 10 team league as 8 teams fighting relegation - Surely a 10 ten league means less competition for European slots and we should be looking at it that way. I'm sure Hearts dundee united motherwell (us and hibs in a normal season) wouldnt go into games 1 -10 thinking "oh my god we are being relegated" - "but lets get europe". Kids will still be played the finalncial climate in scotland aint going to allow us to spend money on players no matter what size the league

It took until november before we were worried about relegation - why would we be anymore worried with a 10 league format?

where the money will be boosted going into SPL 2 imo is that BBC Alba would be interested in taking SPL 2 games live they will pay for it. If BBC alba currently paid say 1 million to show SFL (ie div 1 2 and 3 games) but really only wanted to show div 1 games before that £1million would bve split amongst 30 - now its only being spolit amongst 10 or 12.

Add in maybe 4% of the TV deal for the SPL and you have a decent sum of money to be split amongst the SPL 2 teams - It will be at least doubled from what they currently get for media rights and a bit from the SPL1 as well.

No big parachute payment required the money will be in Div 1

STV,BBC alba have all shown Div 1 games in the past - no reason why they still wouldnt under an SPL2

I dont see much difference between 12 and 14 - only difference is split occurs after 2 sets of games rather than 3 - so a bad start consigns you to bottom 6 with no chance of getting back and you are guarantted 2 homess 2 aways instead of a possible 3 and 1

A better option is keep the 12 but make it knownb that WHATEVER your home vs away games ratio is you play each team twice at home twice away. Instead of making 19H19A the criteria its 2 home 2 aways per team (like the OF always get)

or go to 10 and drop the split

More than anything this worry that a ten team league means that 8 teams will set out to avoid relegation shows what a state we are in

People see a 10 team league as 8 teams fighting relegation - Surely a 10 ten league means less competition for European slots and we should be looking at it that way. I'm sure Hearts dundee united motherwell (us and hibs in a normal season) wouldnt go into games 1 -10 thinking "oh my god we are being relegated" - "but lets get europe". Kids will still be played the finalncial climate in scotland aint going to allow us to spend money on players no matter what size the league

It took until november before we were worried about relegation - why would we be anymore worried with a 10 league format?

where the money will be boosted going into SPL 2 imo is that BBC Alba would be interested in taking SPL 2 games live they will pay for it. If BBC alba currently paid say 1 million to show SFL (ie div 1 2 and 3 games) but really only wanted to show div 1 games before that

right time for my rant......... the SPL or thecartel as they can more accurately be described as, when it was set up to encourage greed in 1998, we were promised winter break , a youth league , etc a brave new world.

Well we had a winter break that the cartel scrapped due to cash, and the same became of the youth league, so why should we trust this cartel when they want a top tier of ten twice in the last twenty years we have had a ten team top division, indeed when the cartel set up thier cosy, greed driven, money grabbing clique they moved from 10 to 12 teams because tten was too cut throat. so how the hell does it work this time IF we are to go to a 10-12 set up we need to have play offs between 9th, and 2nd and 3rd, we need to have money fairly distributed too