Wrestling Thread

robbo

very occasionally, if for some reason, there wasn't enough british grappling, they would show some wwf.

british bulldogs v the hart foundation. and i think ted dibiase v the hammer?

wow, that was an eye opener, scarred me for life. punching, big crowds, less rest holds, soft focus camera. catch us catch can rasslin'

itv, why was it only once in a blue max moon!

• 3 months later...

Update.

WM XXX tickets purchased. On the risers on the floor, not far from the entrance ramp.

Flights booked, ABZ - LHR - NY. 3 nights in NY, then NY To NO. 5 nights in NO. Home via ATL & AMS.

NO Hotel booked, NY Hotel only thing left to books.

Cannot wait :thumbup1:

PS Should really start watching wrestling again.

Update.

WM XXX tickets purchased. On the risers on the floor, not far from the entrance ramp.

Flights booked, ABZ - LHR - NY. 3 nights in NY, then NY To NO. 5 nights in NO. Home via ATL & AMS.

NO Hotel booked, NY Hotel only thing left to books.

Cannot wait :thumbup1:

PS Should really start watching wrestling again.

Nice one - fair jealous like. Was tempted to book but decided against it - hoping 31 will be either California or Dallas.

What are the crowds like at PPV's? The fans at Manchester were brilliant and a big part of the reason as to why I went. Really looking forward to London in May but wondering if it's worth going to Yankee land for one disguised as a romantic holiday (mwahahahaha).

What are the crowds like at PPV's? The fans at Manchester were brilliant and a big part of the reason as to why I went. Really looking forward to London in May but wondering if it's worth going to Yankee land for one disguised as a romantic holiday (mwahahahaha).

Not too bad - WM29 was good, but the crowd at the RAW the day afterwards was so much better.

Also went to Survivor Series 2010 in Miami, but the crowd was a bit flat for that one. Was a pretty shit PPV to be honest!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well Batista returns on Raw tonight. I think they were going to hold him until the Rumble, but news of his return leaked and they had to move it forward,

Apart from Sheamus, I can't see there being any major returns for the Rumble. The roster isn't big enough.

I'm hoping that Jericho will come back as he's due to return about now and I think Christian is ready to return from injury too and of course RVD will be back for his next six month stint.

Unless you count Evan Bourne as a big comeback?

The place will erupt if Bryan wins. The end of the last Raw was unreal! It's beginning to get good again with interesting storylines and the titles are beginning to mean something again.

Fingers crossed the trajectory continues and Raw becomes a must watch.

Bryan, Batista, Reigns and Punk to be the last 4.

• Upvote 1

I have no idea who these names are you mention.

I also thought boys grew out of it, seems not - however it's up to you what you watch.

Men in tights grappling and jumping onto each other doesn't do it for me like.

When growing up loved WWF, but there comes a point in folks lives where you think....yeah fuck this. Some folk anyways.

Undertaker v Mankind Hell In A Cell, that is all.

The whole "men in tights hugging" pish as almost as childish as thinking it's a real fighting contest. Anyone who's watched it for more than 5 minutes should know that it's not about that. I enjoy the acting when it's done well and I have a lot of appreciation for the talented workers that can put on a good show. There have been a lot of funny memorable segments along the years. It's like kids films.. you need to be an adult to fully appreciate some things. I will concede that these days I could happily fast forward 3 quarters of the show and that the bits that I enjoy the most are the appearances from the old school guys. It seems strange that in an established pro wrestling thread I'm still having to defend it.

I'd love it if Bryan won. I was in a club in Miami the night before Wrestlemania and witnessed the birth of the yes chants. What a night that was. Heaps of wrestlers were there. Met a heap of them. DDP is easily more sound than Robo despite his self awarded soundest poster accolade.

It was an easy question.

If that's your kind of thing as a grown man, then hey who am I rip into you.

I, along with many other mannies grew out of it. Gay as fuck but who am I to judge. It's 2014, apparently being a chutney ferret isn't frowned upon these days.

Agreed.

Less sad than latching on to a random lower division English team for no apparent reason and sending creepy emails to their chairman though.

I cant see past Daniel Bryan for anything at the moment. If anyone deserves to be champ for a bit its him. I havent seen a wrestler be so energetic and committed to the whole ring show since the Ultimate Warrior. Granted I dip in and out and the last time I dipped out was for about 6 years so I missed a lot but, well, I'm a Daniel Bryan fan now anyway. From the he's a nutter onwards and his tag team with Kane there isnt anyone better in WWE at present.

If he doesnt finally get his hands on the title soon I'd be extremely surprised so I think he'll win the Royal Rumble and Cena will take the belt from Ortin to set it all up for Bryan and Cena at Wrestlemania. Not sure how that will then fit with the Batista return. IMO he deserves it though because of his skill, commitment, energy and also the way the crowd has now really bought into the YES! YES! YES! thing. Watching Raw last week when he was in the cage and seeing how the whole crowd were at the end 'the authority' and Vince have to realise they have a cash cow on their hands there and give him the belt so they can cash in on it as well.

I cant see past Daniel Bryan for anything at the moment. If anyone deserves to be champ for a bit its him. I havent seen a wrestler be so energetic and committed to the whole ring show since the Ultimate Warrior. Granted I dip in and out and the last time I dipped out was for about 6 years so I missed a lot but, well, I'm a Daniel Bryan fan now anyway. From the he's a nutter onwards and his tag team with Kane there isnt anyone better in WWE at present.

If he doesnt finally get his hands on the title soon I'd be extremely surprised so I think he'll win the Royal Rumble and Cena will take the belt from Orton to set it all up for Bryan and Cena at Wrestlemania. Not sure how that will then fit with the Batista return. IMO In my opinion he deserves it though because of his skill, commitment, energy and also the way the crowd has now really bought into the YES! YES! YES! thing. Watching Raw last week when he was in the cage and seeing how the whole crowd were at the end 'the authority' and Vince have to realise they have a cash cow on their hands there and give him the belt so they can cash in on it as well.

agree :thumbup1: