Wrestling Thread

robbo

i forgot how annoying Booker T is on commentary. havent watched smackdown since i had to start watching raw on youtube uploads so couldnt be arsed chasing the smackdown uploads too when the product is generally pish. hearing him at the rumble reminded me why i dont watch it.

give the gig to stryker and regal.

also underwhelmed by taker/hhh vol.3. Do not see what is to be gained from it other than its an easy out and you know itll be a solid...and by solid i mean safe match.

cant wait for mania if only so that we dont have to hear about rock vs cena at WM anymore. most overhyped match in the history of any sport.

Yeah it's a shame, but there's nobody else that can give the streak the prestige. As great as the last one was, I'm not sure I want Taker vs HHH 3.

Someone else suggested that HHH might get Shawn Michaels to come back for one more match and face him instead.

Mind you, Wrestlemania is looking to be a lot better this year with Cena v Rock, Jericho v Punk guaranteed and probably Sheamus v Daniel Bryan...not to mention The Big Show v Shaq :laughing:

Not strictly wrestling news but bad news all the less......

U.S. federal agents arrested a man who allegedly ran several websites that illegally streamed sports content, seizing sixteen domain names. Agents arrested Yonjo Quiora, who they say gave video access to NFL, NBA, NHL, WWE, and TNA events through his websites, after a Department of Homeland Security enforcement presented himself as a WWE employee arranging a meeting to purchase the domain names from him. Quiroa agreed to make a deal, after which the agents made their arrest.

The government seized firstrow.tv, firstrowsports.com, firstrowsports.net, firstrowsports.tv, hq-streams.tv, robplay.tv, soccertvlive.net, sports95.com, sports95.net, sports95.org, sportswwe.net, sportswwe.tv, sportswwe.com, xonesports.tv, youwwe.com, and youwwe.net, which were operated out of Quiroa's Comstock Park, Michigan home since February 2010. He received at least $13,000 ion advertising from the operation.

That PPV was disgusting. May as well have turned it off after the first match. Why the hell they kept Cena Kane til the end absolutely baffles me when the biggest spot in the match (bar the FU off the Ambulance) was rolling Kane into the side of a table. They really did fucxk this one up. Could have had Kane back as a fear inducing monster and Cena's heel turn at Elimination Chamber but no. If things had gone right then I could have been getting right back into it.

Santino was a highlight. Found myself urging him on to win even though I hate the fact he was even considered for the match.

i did turn it off after the 1st match. was shattered so went to bed and found out the rest. was worried when jericho went out and punk was asking if it was an X or not but at least that looks like its either been resolved as a small knock or just a work. either way, glad jericho wasnt seriously hurt.

enjoyed raw last night. some decent bits for a change.

like cena's 2nd rant. wasnt the same old pish he says everyweek. actually seemed to have some real fire and just said what everyone else thinks.

battle royal couldnt have been any more predictable but nevermind, barrets arm looked nasty. having said that, zigglers chin plan into the announce desk looked 10x worse but at least he could walk away. barrett lying there screaming in pain was a concern especially when you saw the refs throwing up the Xs.

Yeah, once Barret caught Ziggler, you could see Barret fall awkwardly and you could hear him going "fuck fuck" etc. The ref threw the X up for him. Ziggler took a bad one but he must be ok as he worked a dark match after they went off air against Punk. Ziggler sells well and will get a run with the gold later on this year i reckon.

Elimination chamber was a mess, WWE title to open? Raw last night was better, set up storylines well.

i did turn it off after the 1st match. was shattered so went to bed and found out the rest. was worried when jericho went out and punk was asking if it was an X or not but at least that looks like its either been resolved as a small knock or just a work. either way, glad jericho wasnt seriously hurt.

enjoyed raw last night. some decent bits for a change.

like cena's 2nd rant. wasnt the same old pish he says everyweek. actually seemed to have some real fire and just said what everyone else thinks.

battle royal couldnt have been any more predictable but nevermind, barrets arm looked nasty. having said that, zigglers chin plan into the announce desk looked 10x worse but at least he could walk away. barrett lying there screaming in pain was a concern especially when you saw the refs throwing up the Xs.

Haven't seen raw and dont particularly want to. I was sure the Jericho injury was a work, doesn't seem as though there was any point to it though. Glad he's ok.

Yes! Yes!

Can't believe how excited I got when he said "Hell In A Cell". As for some really idiotic reason I thought he was going on about Iron Man match.

I can't believe I'm gonna see this live. This Mania is gonna be awesome! What a Mania to pick to be my first!!!

Yes! Yes!

Can't believe how excited I got when he said "Hell In A Cell". As for some really idiotic reason I thought he was going on about Iron Man match.

I can't believe I'm gonna see this live. This Mania is gonna be awesome! What a Mania to pick to be my first!!!

Jealous!

Already decided no matter what - I will be at Metlife Stadium next year. Would rather it was at MSG personally but will be awesome nonetheless!

Be interesting what the ring area setup is like to hold the cell - for an outdoor arena, could be a very ristricted view in the upper areas of the stadium.

Out of curiosity - where abouts you sitting? My mate is in the 100 Level I think.