Langfield looked terrified in the tunnel prior to kick-off. His bottle was smashed to smithereens before he'd stepped on the pitch imo. He at fault for the 1st and 3rd completely. 2nd he didn't exactly cover himself in glory either.

He honestly dived in slow motion for Rogne's goal.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think in spite of such a dreadful performance, the fact people were still trying to sing and support our team is commendable. I don't know how many other teams, if any, would have this kind of loyalty.

Maybe you didn't read my post above the one I've quoted fae you dezzy, however it is the fact that people were NOT singing and supporting our team AFTER THE FIRST GOAL that had me raging!

12,000/13,000 of us there is commendable, however I heard more singing in the pub than I did in Hampden.

Langfield looked terrified in the tunnel prior to kick-off. His bottle was smashed to smithereens before he'd stepped on the pitch imo. He at fault for the 1st and 3rd completely. 2nd he didn't exactly cover himself in glory either.

He honestly dived in slow motion for Rogne's goal.

Langfield has no bottle. Absolutely no doubt about that.

Maybe you didn't read my post above the one I've quoted fae you dezzy, however it is the fact that people were NOT singing and supporting our team AFTER THE FIRST GOAL that had me raging!

12,000/13,000 of us there is commendable, however I heard more singing in the pub than I did in Hampden.

Across both forums you seem to be the only person who didn't hear us singing. Admittedly there hasn't been many people commenting yet.

Partly left early due to getting a bit if hassle from one of fans behind me.

You weren't the guy beside me in Section P who was getitng stroked on the back of the head by some drunken bufoon wearing a red jacket were you?

If you were, I would like to say well done on the way you and your mates handled him. Straight up and oot of the row onto the stairway. Why people have to get into such a state that they have no idea what they're doing, I'll never know!

We have to remember that the majority of our players on the pitch are not Craig Browns players and its obvious they are just simply not good enough to compete.

Its still blatant that changes are needed especially at the back. Diamond and Langfield should by now have the defence sorted and they quite clearly dont. I think they should shoulder a lot of the responsibility, they've been in a semi before so should have been prepared particularly for a team like celtic. Langfield getting caught out on a lob although after watching the highlights i still think it was a cross is unlucky and Diamond getting out muscled by Hooper a second time is just simply pathetic.

I also think we should have scored more than 1 considering the chances we had in the 2nd half!

Celtic were deserved winners.

To be honest I was especially upset at Celtic not actually being that good but us making them look brilliant. The fact we were second to every ball made their passes seem fantastic whether it was a long punt or not.

that sentance sums up our outfield players, maguire was useless, he's afraid of a challenge. Hartley can't run and could barely complete a pass yesterday.

Lying in my bed just now and still absolutely gutted.

Will probably post more about things tomorrow as posting from phone.

We were a couple rows in front of tommy, minijc, rtyd & Dom.

I thought rtyd was going to go on the pitch and kill Langfield and Diamond with his bare hands at one point.

he wasn't the only one, I've never been so angry at our own players in my life. I could also have throttled Maguire, he's such a pussy

I mentioned in other threads over the past week that I had real concerns about langfield more than any player. he has no bottle or fight in him which has been evident in the past in bigger games. I hope that Brown see's what most of us see and does not issue this imposter with a new contract.

The above players mentioned embarrassed the thousands that followed them down to Glasgow.

I must have been at a different game to you all, as after the first goal I was disgusted at our "support"...

"good vocal support", "sang through it" to quote from above... I must have had temporary deafness!!

FFS it was like a morgue, the majority just sat there mute!

We are Aberdeen, known for our away support, barmy army, 12th man. Where the f**k was that today?!

P.S. Supersub, I was in tears too x

Yeah you must have been at a different game, ridiculous post.

The only negative thing I will say are a big 'boooooo' at those who threw their scarves onto the pitch. No need for that.

The only negative thing I will say are a big 'boooooo' at those who threw their scarves onto the pitch. No need for that.

agreed, I thought our support did well yesterday considering the circumstances. If only certain players in our side could show the same fight.

Big reality check for Craig Brown. For the first time, yesterday, he probably realised the full extent of the job.

He can start by replacing Langfield.

I think he probably realised it at the hearts game as he took over - what yesterday was was a return to that

Not blaming brown for it all - but he must take a little for changing a solid back four to an exposed back five who looked lost and lost shape and definitin which has be a hallmark of his game so far

Only bob milson, Scott vernon & Ryan jack come out of this with any credit

Thought langfield could have done better with the 3rd and his kicking was poor but had one of his quieter days

Mcardle, considine and vuja are not full backs and should not be played as such.

Diamond had hooper in his pocket all day , hooper & stokes barely had a kick

Young and hartley were poor, pauls legs have gone I'm afraid.

Bebo was doing his best mackie impression yesterday. The headless chicken act

I'm so angry and dissapoibted in our team, they let us down again

The one's that did that are probably the one's that seldom go to games and came out yesterday as it was a semi and there has been a slight resurgence under Broon.

Probably the same one's that walked out.

Some guys on our bus walked out and decided to go back to the pub.

Apparently the pubs were closed, so they wandered the streets with a carry out. Plonkers!

In terms of support from where I was the support was great after the first goal, we were all a bit shellshocked by the fourth and it took the wee loons at half time to wake them up again. Second half we outsing the tim horde quite comfortably.

I'm not going to have a go at the tactics - the tims were always going to be up for this - Ross County still hurts them - having 5 defenders across the back and frustrating them for the first half would have been perfect; the fact that our defenders are pish is the problem, not the tactic itself. I agree it'll be another reminder to Craig and Wiggy that more is needed. As a general observation Clangers is not a number one keeper for a top six team and should be replaced, as a single move this will generate the best results. Maguire was such a pussy being muscled by the tic defence time and again, his performance yesterday will have diminshed his value - and our midfield was pish poor. I hope this can be a learning experience for the team as they were better 2nd half but by then the cause was lost and lets be honest they have learnt from previous humpings. Our next game against the tic will tell us a lot about this squad under CB, I expect them to come out all guns blazing.

Only bob milson, Scott vernon & Ryan jack come out of this with any credit

Thought langfield could have done better with the 3rd and his kicking was poor but had one of his quieter days

Mcardle, considine and vuja are not full backs and should not be played as such.

Diamond had hooper in his pocket all day , hooper & stokes barely had a kick

Young and hartley were poor, pauls legs have gone I'm afraid.

Bebo was doing his best mackie impression yesterday. The headless chicken act

I'm so angry and dissapoibted in our team, they let us down again

in mackies defence, at least he will go in hard for a challenge, maguire jumps out the way

The one's that did that are probably the one's that seldom go to games and came out yesterday as it was a semi and there has been a slight resurgence under Broon.

Apparently the pubs were closed, so they wandered the streets with a carry out. Plonkers!

you would be wrong there then, I saw a few lads who go most weeks walk out before and during HT.

Can't blame folk who left when it got to 4.

The day Aberdeen are 4 down at half time in a game, any game is seen as anything but a disgrace is the day the gig is up.

If folk are happy just to have a day on the piss, fine enough but yesterday hurt. Really really hurt.

Yes some of the players have reached the end of the line, but there were some fans there yesterday who got the performance they deserved. Drunken yahoos only there for the beer.

in mackies defence, at least he will go in hard for a challenge, maguire jumps out the way

you would be wrong there then, I saw a few lads who go most weeks walk out before and during HT.

Yeah noticed a few hatters coming out the pub at full time, won't mention any names.

Just alive thoughts.......

Thought in the circumstances the support was excellent and was amazed at the amount of folk that stayed.

The first half was up there with the worst performances I have ever seen from an Aberdeen team, it was diabolical. Hartley was fkn dreadful, the defence and keeper sh*te also.

Yes, dignity was nearly restored in the 2nd half but the fact is we didn't improve in the 2nd half, Celtic went to sleep. I feel that Brown has carried a lot of luck in the first few matches, beating teams we'd already been previously, sending offs at the right time etc, now as someone said he will realise just how bad this team is.

Big week for the club and we have to react in the right manner this week, I have my doubts.

Can't blame folk who left when it got to 4.

The day Aberdeen are 4 down at half time in a game, any game is seen as anything but a disgrace is the day the gig is up.

If folk are happy just to have a day on the piss, fine enough but yesterday hurt. Really really hurt.

Yes some of the players have reached the end of the line, but there were some fans there yesterday who got the performance they deserved. Drunken yahoos only there for the beer.

Must admit, I was a "drunken yahoo" yesterday, but definately not just there for the beer, was really looking forward to the game, thought we had a chance, but to be honest I couldnt even see the ball. so it was time to go. (I wasnt wearing a red jacket btw)

This quote from today's Scotland on Sunday sums it up quite well:

Before we detail this ruthless Celtic display, though, we have to intrude on the Dons' private grief.

The game was over before they knew where they were. By the time they got themselves organised at the back, total humiliation had set in and portions of their fantastic travelling support had gone home.

They were undone by the simplest things. Their inability to deal with Celtic bombing through the middle and out wide was one factor.

Any side in Scotland will struggle when Lennon's team hit their straps but the real damage was done not by clever running or outrageous trickery, it was done by crosses into the Dons' box that they singularly failed to deal with.

Aberdeen couldn't get the first header, couldn't mark their opponents, couldn't stop Celtic winning one ball after another after another in their danger zone and, to top it all off, as if their generosity in allowing Celtic the freedom of the stadium wasn't enough, they gifted their opponents arguably the most stupid penalty of this or many other seasons.

Too many Dons froze in this semi-final. Again. Zander Diamond has turned to ice so many times on these occasions that he should think of changing his name to Jack Frost.

So, we had a rout. For a time it looked like we were going to have a massacre to rival the 9-0 thrashing Aberdeen suffered at Parkhead under Mark McGhee but it didn't quite pan out that way.

Celtic took their foot off the gas, Aberdeen took their heads out of the oven and the result was a form of damage limitation.

You weren't the guy beside me in Section P who was getitng stroked on the back of the head by some drunken bufoon wearing a red jacket were you?

If you were, I would like to say well done on the way you and your mates handled him. Straight up and oot of the row onto the stairway. Why people have to get into such a state that they have no idea what they're doing, I'll never know!

No that wasn't me bud.

Personally I think that rabble of sh*te got a lot more support through the game than they deserved. The crowd feed of the players, the players were not trying, as soon as the first goal went in the heads went down and they seriously let us all down with their collective lack of effort and heart.

I left after goal no4. Couldnt bring myself to watch that sort of humiliation... again. Drinking brandy out of a plastic cup was a lot more appealing than watching another 50 minutes of an AFC capitulation. Seen enough of them now...

Just shows, doesnt matter whos in charge some of "our players" will always sell us short. Langfield, Diamond, Considine, Hartley... I expect these guys to stand up and be counted. All I saw was another lightweight performance from Diamond who is now and always will be the personal property of Hooper, Langfield was just dire, Considine was woeful and Hartley is well past it.

I'm honestly still a bit shell shocked by it. The excitement was palpable when I walked into hampden and bumped into my little brother, who proceeded to hug me, and it really felt like it was going to be our day. The atmosphere was electric where I was standing and the fans were in really good voice. The way it panned out left me questioning my sanity at supporting our team in its present form. I was deflated , angry and felt let down by our team, langfield in particular, and questioning their bottle and if they deserved my further support. I do think brown needs to take some responsibilty for his change of tactics but the way the whole team froze did not help him in any way shape or form. Gutted.

EDIT: oh and I was wearing a red jacket but that wasn't me either. I stayed well off the drink until I got to the weeg just so I knew I wouldn't be in a state for this game. I was really looking forward to it.

Performances first:

Langfield - Usual sh*te. Looked nervous, awful distribution. What is he doing getting lobbed at his back post from 25 yards? Woeful.

McNamee - Torn to shreds by Commons. Almost turned into a 4th centre back as he was so scared to get out and close down out wide.

Considine - Never a full/wing back. Tried hard, but it's just not his position.

McArdle - Best of a bad bunch?

Diamond - Ragged dolled again by Hooper. Memories of 9-0?

Vujadinovic - Who said he was a good player? First time seeing him so will give him the benefit of the doubt, but was terrible. Literally didn't do anything of note.

Milsom - Fairly impressed. Battled and decent on the ball.

Hartley - Poor. Looked as if his legs are going and didn't offer enough.

Young - Battled well as usual.

Vernon - Quality hold up play and poses a danger in the box, need to keep getting the best out of him.

Maguire - Not much he can do if he is challenging centre halves for long punts? Works well with Vernon when ball is on the deck.

Subs:

Jack - Composed and hard worker. Very good talent.

Magennis - Gave them something to worry about.

Pawlett - Didn't have much chance to trouble them.

Points to note:

1. How scared did we look first half hour? Men v Boys.

2. Ludicrous tactics to begin with. Invited them onto us and gave them so much space out wide.

3. They wanted it so much more.

4. I counted that we got 1 free kick 1st half. Anyone who thinks there is a conspiracy against Celtic should watch that game. Arguably the worst referee performance I've ever seen.

And finally:

Our support is unbelievable. Everyone who endured that and sang through it, give yourself a pat on the back and enjoy your beer tonight. You earned it.

Surprised this has not been mentioned more - Craig Thomson was awful, back to his woeful worst, linesmen also gave a number of marginal offsides against us. Celtic got every 50/50 decision. Not that it would have made a difference to the result but worth noting considering the Tims conspiracy theories.

Pass marks to me for Milsom, Vernon and possibly Maguire although eased off the ball far too much. Jack and Magennis did well when they came on. Brown got it wrong with his tactics and think he showed Celtic far too much respect.

Our support was absolutely amazing although as Bamber mentioned, folk falling out with each other when we went 4-0 down which is not nice to see although understandable given the frustration.

Just finally plucked up the courage to watch the highlights and my feelings towards Langfield has now turned to hatred. Even took two attempts to deal with Stoke's "daisy cutter". f**k off out of our club. You are AFC's No1 by default and not worthy of calling yourself a goalkeeper. I will personally never refer to you as such again.

Derek Young is guilty of possibly the most bizarre hand ball I think I've ever seen and is completely unforgivable. It's not even a rush of blood. It's not even instinctive. It was just plain stupidity. If I wasn't crying I wouldn't be laughing. I can only presume that he is trying to keep the ball as far away as possible from that gadgy standing between the sticks.

THis thread is why football and women dont mix. our fans were amazing again yesterday from start to the brave few who stayed till the end, once again we were let down big time by the club we all devoted our love for on mass again.

Too many of our players dont give a f**k, Langfield, diamond, hartley, maguire, mind you three out of 4 are tims so cant say im shocked,

Disgusting performance from the team, a game that was over after 5 minutes. Cant blame those of the 15000 who came back and will probably not want to go back for quiet some time, a great oppertunity to get some stay away fans back and once again we were all let down.

Think the players should come out and say sorry, but then again they dont give a f**k .

Hope those out of contract are f**ked off ASAP and get players in who do want to be here next year.

Had to leave at half time as all my mates had and I was seriously close to crying.

Langfield is awful. I wanted to run on and personally ask him to leave. What he was doing at the first goal I have no idea. The second goal the header trickled past him. I can't even remember the third.

Everytime we went forward we were offside. It was a truly horrible performance.

I can't believe we were that bad.

Good to see the Hatters that I did before the game and I hope you aren't hurting as much as I am.

Left after third went in. Just couldn't stay and watch that. Couple of hundred did same and headed to Mount Florida - half way up hill and heard roar and assumed (correctly) that it was 4 and a minute later saw hundreds streaming up the road. Train was mobbed and back in Central by 4. Never ever used to leave games early but just did not want to be there after the third goal went in.

Saw on Wednesday that we are still a pretty awful side and that Vuja was a disaster waiting to happen at back but just never expected it to be that bad yesterday and just wanted to be anywhere else but there at that point. On the platform at Mount Florida unbelievable amount of regulars who go all the time to games.

Ok,

First post on here.

Gutted with the fact that although the fans turned out in huge numbers yet again (38k yesterday and 22k for a Hun v feeder team game today), our players failed to turn up yet again :wtf:

In saying that the run of the game was very similar to the league game last week where timmy was far superior in the first half and we came back in the second spell. Big difference this week? They scored with every chance they had.

They are without doubt our bogey team and I hope to hell the huns put them out of the scottish cup. Never want the Huns to win but I feel we can beat them where as against timmy, half our players sh*t a brick!

I did think that this game might have been too early for the new management to get it right and feel that the Scottish Cup is a far better opportunity for the Dandies to go all the way.

For all the Fans that suffered through yesterdays performance... It will never happen but..

It would be a nice gesture for AFC to give you free passage to Tuesdays game.

Also were any of the posters on here having a dram in the Number 10 hotel before the game?