• Milsom
    • Hartley
    • Young (sub)
    • Pawlett (sub)
    • Balckman
    • Maguire
    • Vernon
    • Magennis (sub)

They were matches we ground out a result. Today,let's face it was pure luck. Something we had 0 of under previous regime.

Think today was more about Dunfermline being unlucky than us being lucky. We may have scraped a 1-0 but thats Blackman, Milstrom, Aluko, Considine and McNamee all injured. Dont think Broon's had much luck with us yet either.

Oh and we're stuck with bomb scare Diamond until at least the end of the season as well. If we were playing a better team today we'd have shipped another 3 or 4...

The only positive I can really take from the last couple of weeks is that Brown seems to be able to get Milne to loosen the purse strings a bit and he knows where the best players in our price range can be found. Really impressed by his signings so far So with the likes of dimond and clangers coming off the wage bill he can hopefully pick up a few more like Milstrom and Smith in the summer. (hopefully thats positive enough to keep the 'be happy we won 1-0' lot from telling me top cheer up!)

Think today was more about Dunfermline being unlucky than us being lucky. We may have scraped a 1-0 but thats Blackman, Milsom, Aluko, Considine and McNamee all injured. Dont think Broon's had much luck with us yet either.

Oh and we're stuck with bomb scare Diamond until at least the end of the season as well. If we were playing a better team today we'd have shipped another 3 or 4...

The only positive I can really take from the last couple of weeks is that Brown seems to be able to get Milne to loosen the purse strings a bit and he knows where the best players in our price range can be found. Really impressed by his signings so far So with the likes of dimond and clangers coming off the wage bill he can hopefully pick up a few more like Milsom and Smith in the summer. (hopefully thats positive enough to keep the 'be happy we won 1-0' lot from telling me top cheer up!)

Real shame as well going into what could be a good run of fixtures.

Why do we always seem to have so many injury problems? I know we have a small squad but even still

Btw, notice I corrected your Milstrom misspellings :thumbs:

I voted for Vuja, partly because he seemed to have a better physical presence in defence than anyone else and because his attitude seemed better. I thought Maguire, Magennis and Jack all did well, and Hartley was fine given his limitations. Scrappy performance that we would have lost the last couple of years. Hardly flowing stuff but we do not have a deep pool, thus poor players get a game out of necessity and many of our better players are out crocked (or get crocked through the game). Still prefer us 4-4-2, but see the problem with the 3 strikers; simple solution, stick with 4-4-2, one striker is on the bench comes on with 30 minutes to go (along with Magennis who really seems to put the wind up the opposition) and run at tiring defence.

Nevertheless - we won, now we need to go to Paisley and erase that last minute defeat.

we looked like a first division team playing another slightly better first division team..

Bit of an exaggeration. It was a poor performance because we were playing a lower league side, but I don't see how anyone being objective about it could say that Dunfermline were actually the better team. They barely touched the ball in the second half.

Anyway, for me two players who have got a lot of stick recently were actually alright - Young and Diamond. I'd give it to Vuja though as he defended well and that's all he's there to do.