St Mirren Live On Bbc

I had a horrible feeling that they were going to switch it to the Monday night

Saturday @12.15 is ok, early start like...be interesting to see how much tickets we get, then how many we sell........one good thing is that the club get money (estimated £80,000) for a telly game

TV money is more important to the clubs we support than their own supporters i.e. us.

How did it come to this?

Football was our game at one stage, terraced stadiums were packed, and the fitba on display was brilliant. This was only 20 odd years ago.

Now we have sanitised shitholes of an excuse for stadiums, with massively overpriced tickets and food, and sh*t teams playing turgid fitba, in front of a handful of fans, made worse when it kicks off at a sh*t time to accomodate the whims of some pen pushing, sun tanned twat in a television company's office.

A twat who probably disna like or understand fitba and does the egg chasing in his spare time, followed by a healthy display of buggery in the changing rooms, all washed down with pints of each others spunk.

The Americanisation of our sport and TV schedules has been a total disaster.

TV money is more important to the clubs we support than their own supporters i.e. us.

How did it come to this?

Football was our game at one stage, terraced stadiums were packed, and the fitba on display was brilliant. This was only 20 odd years ago.

Now we have sanitised shitholes of an excuse for stadiums, with massively overpriced tickets and food, and sh*t teams playing turgid fitba, in front of a handful of fans, made worse when it kicks off at a sh*t time to accomodate the whims of some pen pushing, sun tanned twat in a television company's office.

A twat who probably disna like or understand fitba and does the egg chasing in his spare time, followed by a healthy display of buggery in the changing rooms, all washed down with pints of each others spunk.

The Americanisation of our sport and TV schedules has been a total disaster.

Sad but true tup, sad but true

Was always on TV since Sky has 2 games and BBC have 1. They was never going to pick Brechin match.

They was never going to make the Rangers/celtic match 12:15 or 1.15 to Inverness could you imagine the outcry. Wished Aberdeen tried to get later kick-off or its time clubs went to the police and try and get Friday night football.

Was always on TV since Sky has 2 games and BBC have 1. They was never going to pick Brechin match.

They was never going to make the Rangers/celtic match 12:15 or 1.15 to Inverness could you imagine the outcry. Wished Aberdeen tried to get later kick-off or its time clubs went to the police and try and get Friday night football.

Started kicking off at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon

Had it all planned. AFC11's playing away at Motherwell in the morning then hotfoot it over to Paisley straight after. That's probably 10-15 off of the gate now from us alone.

That's me out now too Ollie. I play on a Saturday morning, 10am kick off, so there's no chance of me making that. If we're at home I might be able to rush back in time to catch kick off.

Gutted because St Mirren is a great game for me having lived in Barrhead (near Paisley) for a long time and having family on the St Mirren side. My mate is also on the coaching staff there so it's good to see him on the sidelines too!

Started kicking off at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon

I think all fans want 3pm but then if we want to be financially ok then we must get TV money - goes back the debate about those at Sky which imho have ruined the scottish game.

Aberdeen fc won't care as they will get more money for this that what the crowd money would get.

Suprised if any neutrals tune in after the dross we served up on Sunday.

If I'm honest I fail to see why 2 hours and 45 minutes makes that much of a difference to people. I actually prefer it tbh.

Granted 3pm KO in tradition, but they were designed because Saturdays mornings were part of the working week for most people, who wouldn't finish until 12noon. Nowadays most people either have weekends off or work all day (and won't make it to 3pm KO anyways).

I do agree that 3 TV games are bit excessive and the QF ties being split over 2 days does devalue the competition slightly.

I suppose its an argument of whether

If I'm honest I fail to see why 2 hours and 45 minutes makes that much of a difference to people. I actually prefer it tbh.

Granted 3pm KO in tradition, but they were designed because Saturdays mornings were part of the working week for most people, who wouldn't finish until 12noon. Nowadays most people either have weekends off or work all day (and won't make it to 3pm KO anyways).

Agree with this, don't see what the fuss is about.

Just think of all the people who can not make it for whatever reason who now might just be able to watch it...

Aye, it's an away game, I can understand (a bit) the frustration when it's a home game, but there will be far more able to see the game now, which is always a good thing, instead of being fed the latest SKY wankathon about some English clubs with which we have no connection.