St Mirren Live On Bbc

If I'm honest I fail to see why 2 hours and 45 minutes makes that much of a difference to people. I actually prefer it tbh.

Granted 3pm KO in tradition, but they were designed because Saturdays mornings were part of the working week for most people, who wouldn't finish until 12noon. Nowadays most people either have weekends off or work all day (and won't make it to 3pm KO anyways).

I do agree that 3 TV games are bit excessive and the QF ties being split over 2 days does devalue the competition slightly.

I suppose its an argument of whether

3pm is tradition, its also the best time to have a football game. A big part of the tradition you missed out was that people would spend the mornings with their family and then go off to the football at lunch, have a few pints then go to the game. For most people it now means waking up at the back of 6 or 7 if they want to go down to the game. Most people are skint as it is and I hope that the prices reflect that the game is on national tv but I doubt it.

I think you mean nowadays, not "tradition" as pubs would only open at 12noon in days gone by.

I can see what your saying, and it may just be that I don't have the history of needing to go to the pub, before every game I attend. (Although I have done it). If i'm honest, those who are "skint" would be unlikely to attend the game anyway. I think most Aberdeen fans (well those from Aberdeen anyway) are in a better position than many in the country and wages are on the whole much bigger than most.

League game has been moved to a Wednesday now due to the Scottish cup.

The Clydesdale Bank SPL match St Mirren v Aberdeen has been moved.

It was originally scheduled for Saturday 16/04/11 kick off 3.00pm

It will now take place on Wednesday 06/04/11 kick off 7.45pm

The match has been rescheduled due to the Scottish Cup semi-finals.

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20110210/st-mirren-v-aberdeen-_2212158_2290195

I was planning on going to one of these St Mirren games as I hadn't been down to Paisley for a match before. Can't manage either game now.