Darts

Haha, beauty.

And he still finished with a higher average than PDC first round Andy Jenkins, and on par with World youth champion James Hubbard and a couple others.

Think more to do with the fact that he hardly got a throw at a double.

Put in the 200 club 4 times in the same game...think i'd retire.

And that gets on tv.

Hardly worth comparing last 32 with PDC last 64 (and a youth player at that)

Last 32 of PDC only 9 out of the 32 had an average of less than 90 (and three of those had 89)

In last 32 so far only 2 players (out of 26 so far have broken 90) (and one on 89)

Extending that

only 2 players in last 32 of PDC averaged less than 85 - compared with 13 in BDO and 4 of those couldnt average above 80

But rather than pick certain players

Last 32 of PDC - 92.70 average 16.2 darts

Last 32 of BDO (so far) 84.27 average 17.8 darts

Would imagine that being well above 18 darts tonights games!

So not allowed to mention James Hubbard because he won the World Youth championships in 2012, even though he beat Van Gerwen in the Final.

Not allowed to mention Kist because he was current champion,

Not allowed to mention John Walton because he won the World Championship over a decade ago.

Not allowed to mention Daryl Fitton due to him reaching the 1/2 final in 2005 + 2009.

Your obviously sucked in by the SKY and Rod Harrington, there is plenty, plenty of mid 80 averages in the PDC, just like there is plenty in the BDO, there is no doubt that on there day, there is a selection of players in the PDC who can score high 90s, over 100 average, which can not be said for the BDO. once you get out of that top 16, there is some very average players, FFS John Henderson is top 40, Peter Wright 24, but by no way would I expect them to go to the BDO and win everything, they would not.

So not allowed to mention James Hubbard because he won the World Youth championships in 2012, even though he beat Van Gerwen in the Final.

Not allowed to mention Kist because he was current champion,

Not allowed to mention John Walton because he won the World Championship over a decade ago.

Not allowed to mention Daryl Fitton due to him reaching the 1/2 final in 2005 + 2009.

Your obviously sucked in by the SKY and Rod Harrington, there is plenty, plenty of mid 80 averages in the PDC, just like there is plenty in the BDO, there is no doubt that on there day, there is a selection of players in the PDC who can score high 90s, over 100 average, which can not be said for the BDO. once you get out of that top 16, there is some very average players, FFS John Henderson is top 40, Peter Wright 24, but by no way would I expect them to go to the BDO and win everything, they would not.

Selectivly picking players to suit an argument doesnt wash with me.

in last 32 of each

13 players averaging less than 85 (half the field so far) as opposed to two in the PDC.

Only 2 above 90 averages out of 26 players, compared to 23 in the PDC. (3 players also just below)

Like night and day in comparison.......well there is no comparison!

PDC and BDO are nothing like each other, PDC is actually good to watch - BDO is horrific bunch of gorillas.

4 players in whole tourney broke 92 average in matches last year. Kist, Dekker, Adams and O'Shea. None so far this year. In PDC last year 26 did it and this year 26 more did it...

The argument is, PDC is 100 times better to wath than the nonsense of the BDO shite.

Why are you using 92 average as a comparison ?

2/3 of all the PDC first round matches were sub 92 average,

Exactly my point, there is plenty average averages in the PDC.

Wouldnt mind seeing the last 64 averages of the BDO if we are pulling the PDC figures from same stage into it!

Selectivly picking players to suit an argument doesnt wash with me.

in last 32 of each

13 players averaging less than 85 (half the field so far) as opposed to two in the PDC.

Only 2 above 90 averages out of 26 players, compared to 23 in the PDC. (3 players also just below)

Like night and day in comparison.......well there is no comparison!

So why ask for the averages of players ranked 10 and below ?

My point being, there is plenty poor players in the PDC, but SKY, the crowds, the fancy dress seem to make some think its always high quality darts, when its not. From a social point, the PDC wins hands down, the atmosphere and coverage is not even comparable,

But as you know, the vast majority of players in the PDC has played in the BDO, and future players will do so to.

Just look at the GSOD when the BDO players seemingly always do well,

So why ask for the averages of players ranked 10 and below ?

My point being, there is plenty poor players in the PDC, but SKY, the crowds, the fancy dress seem to make some think its always high quality darts, when its not. From a social point, the PDC wins hands down, the atmosphere and coverage is not even comparable,

But as you know, the vast majority of players in the PDC has played in the BDO, and future players will do so to.

Just look at the GSOD when the BDO players seemingly always do well,

Made the mistake of assuming that the 10 best players would be the top 10 ranked, bit of a joke that the number 1 seed bunting has never even made the semis!

Of course there are, but the poor players at PDC would be walking all over the field this week, only 2 above 90 averages as opposed to 23 at the same stage with PDC.

Like comparing SPL with Highland league!!!!

Like comparing Bundesliga with Blue Square Dr Marten Steel Toe Cap Boot Premier more like.

Your completely missing the point,

Forgetting the coverage, the crowds, the fancy dress and the commentators.

There is plenty low average scoring matches in the PDC, comparable averages to the BDO, plenty.

Half of the PDC premier league players for 2013 scored lower averages in there early matches than some of the BDO lads.

Is the PDC better than the BDO, of course it is, but dont be fooled by side antics of Mardle et al.

Your completely missing the point,

Forgetting the coverage, the crowds, the fancy dress and the commentators.

There is plenty low average scoring matches in the PDC, comparable averages to the BDO, plenty.

Half of the PDC premier league players for 2013 scored lower averages in there early matches than some of the BDO lads.

Is the PDC better than the BDO, of course it is, but dont be fooled by side antics of Mardle et al.

Which ones players? lowest averages from tournament! Only bad average was lewis and i would back him against anybody from the BDO just now!

Taylors 90.23

Thorntons 94.79

Whitlock 91.07

Anderson 88.62

Barney 93.35

Lewis 83.14

MVG 90.64

Newton 86.90

Wade 89.61

Hamilton 90.24

Still an average of 89.8 at their worst between them only two players so far can beat that average. :clangers2:

I dread to think what standard would be if BDO had a 64 player feat round aswell.

15/32 less than 92 in last 32 (17 over)and that a longer format aswell.

Lets see how BDO averages compare from now. Four players in whole last tournament and so far this tournament averaging over 92 compared to 26 players last year and 26 players this year doing just that and you say that Sky brainwashing folk?

That's pretty impressive.

How regularly do you hit a 180 Stoney?

haha i thought so!

Practice for an hour at a time, usually hit two or three but quite often play 301 - double start.

Twice in the aberdeen leagues i hit two in the same leg!

Been on 9 darter twice.

6 darts in during a warm up for a leg and decided to take three at double 16

7 darts in a monday night match, hit the 7th treble 20 and my arse fell from me, 8th dart finished off the board.....embarassing - think i ended up losing the leg too as the guy hit 12 darts and threw first :clangers2:

When we went into that pub in Pitmedden and he picked up the darts and threw a 180 with his first 3 darts (think it was Mini who said you wouldn't hit it)... :laughing:

Haha i forgot about that :laughing: newmachar hotel, wasnt even my darts cant remember if it was 2 in a row or 2 in three throws but mini will confirm!

Pitmedden bar we wernt in there long enough to play darts as we upset the locals :checkit:

haha i thought so!

Practice for an hour at a time, usually hit two or three but quite often play 301 - double start.

Twice in the aberdeen leagues i hit two in the same leg!

Been on 9 darter twice practicing.

6 darts in during a warm up for a leg and decided to take three at double 16

7 darts in a monday night match, hit the 7th treble 20 and my arse fell from me, 8th dart finished off the board.....embarassing - think i ended up losing the leg too as the guy hit 12 darts and threw first :clangers2:

Hud on. Was your 12 darter a 301 match?

That's not nearly as impressive.