Darts

Your completely missing the point,

Forgetting the coverage, the crowds, the fancy dress and the commentators.

There is plenty low average scoring matches in the PDC, comparable averages to the BDO, plenty.

Half of the PDC premier league players for 2013 scored lower averages in there early matches than some of the BDO lads.

Is the PDC better than the BDO, of course it is, but dont be fooled by side antics of Mardle et al.

I'm missing your point about averages too, everyone has an off day but normally PDC top players are nearer 100 average next game. Here is all PDC players overall averages during the 2013 championship. Just to point out that the best in BDO (Stephen Bunting) average is equal 22nd at the moment.

Raymond van Barneveld: Semi-final: 99.29

Michael van Gerwen: Runner-up: 98.83

Kim Huybrechts: First round: 98.79

Terry Jenkins: Third round: 97.63

Phil Taylor: Winner: 97.46

Robert Thornton: Third round: 96.22

Andy Hamilton: Quarter-final: 95.84

Gary Anderson: Third round: 95.15

Peter Wright: Second round: 95.1

Simon Whitlock: Quarter-final: 95.07

Kevin Painter: Third round: 94.4

Jamie Caven: First round: 94.15

Scott Rand: Second round: 94.01

Mark Webster: Second round: 93.49

Dave Chisnall: Third round: 93.41

Colin Lloyd: Third round: 92.79

Wes Newton: Quarter-final: 92.7

Wayne Jones: First round: 92.21

Colin Osborne: Second round: 92.15

Ian White: First round: 92.11

Shane Tichowitsch: First round: 92.07

Vincent van der Voort: Third round: 91.83

Adrian Lewis: Quarter-final: 91.74

Dean Winstanley: Second round: 91.62

Ronnie Baxter: Second round: 90.74

Mervyn King: First round: 90.7

James Wade: Semi-final: 90.62

Paul Nicholson: Second round: 90.26

Daryl Gurney: Second round: 90.09

Arron Monk: First round: 89.88

Brendan Dolan: Second round: 89.75

John Part: Second round: 89.45

Jani Haavisto: First round: 89.29

Justin Pipe: Second round: 88.37

Dennis Priestley: First round: 88.2

Steve Beaton: Second round: 88.15

Mark Jones: First round: 87.95

Michael Smith: First round: 87.9

Joe Cullen: First round: 87.89

John Bowles: Second round: 87.63

Which ones players? lowest averages from tournament! Only bad average was lewis and i would back him against anybody from the BDO just now!

Taylors 90.23

Thorntons 94.79

Whitlock 91.07

Anderson 88.62

Barney 93.35

Lewis 83.14

MVG 90.64

Newton 86.90

Wade 89.61

Hamilton 90.24

Still an average of 89.8 at their worst between them only two players so far can beat that average. :clangers2:

Exactly my point Stoney, this is the so called creme de la creme, the upper echelon of the darting world, and still there is part time players from the BDO averaging higher, or on par.

I'm missing your point about averages too, everyone has an off day but normally PDC top players are nearer 100 average next game. Here is all PDC players overall averages during the 2013 championship. Just to point out that the best in BDO (Stephen Bunting) average is equal 22nd at the moment.

Raymond van Barneveld: Semi-final: 99.29

Michael van Gerwen: Runner-up: 98.83

Kim Huybrechts: First round: 98.79

Terry Jenkins: Third round: 97.63

Phil Taylor: Winner: 97.46

Robert Thornton: Third round: 96.22

Andy Hamilton: Quarter-final: 95.84

Gary Anderson: Third round: 95.15

Peter Wright: Second round: 95.1

Simon Whitlock: Quarter-final: 95.07

Kevin Painter: Third round: 94.4

Jamie Caven: First round: 94.15

Scott Rand: Second round: 94.01

Mark Webster: Second round: 93.49

Dave Chisnall: Third round: 93.41

Colin Lloyd: Third round: 92.79

Wes Newton: Quarter-final: 92.7

Wayne Jones: First round: 92.21

Colin Osborne: Second round: 92.15

Ian White: First round: 92.11

Shane Tichowitsch: First round: 92.07

Vincent van der Voort: Third round: 91.83

Adrian Lewis: Quarter-final: 91.74

Dean Winstanley: Second round: 91.62

Ronnie Baxter: Second round: 90.74

Mervyn King: First round: 90.7

James Wade: Semi-final: 90.62

Paul Nicholson: Second round: 90.26

Daryl Gurney: Second round: 90.09

Arron Monk: First round: 89.88

Brendan Dolan: Second round: 89.75

John Part: Second round: 89.45

Jani Haavisto: First round: 89.29

Justin Pipe: Second round: 88.37

Dennis Priestley: First round: 88.2

Steve Beaton: Second round: 88.15

Mark Jones: First round: 87.95

Michael Smith: First round: 87.9

Joe Cullen: First round: 87.89

John Bowles: Second round: 87.63

The point is very clear,

That many just look at the commentating, crowd etc etc and think, thats pishe, but would they still say thats pishe, if they were playing in a PDC and scoring the same averages, as thats what some of these players are doing, averaging much the same as the PDC best, as you say they can have an off day, or a good day, but that covers both codes.

Exactly my point Stoney, this is the so called creme de la creme, the upper echelon of the darting world, and still there is part time players from the BDO averaging higher, or on par.

Thought youd say that, also calculated the highest average for them all, will update after tonights games :laughing:

The point is very clear,

That many just look at the commentating, crowd etc etc and think, thats pishe, but would they still say thats pishe, if they were playing in a PDC and scoring the same averages, as thats what some of these players are doing, averaging much the same as the PDC best, as you say they can have an off day, or a good day, but that covers both codes.

Yes, you can't get away from terrible darts matches when the standard is so poor, i thought the PDC world championship 2008 was one of the worst lot of games i've seen in that code. Glad to say the standard after that has been getting better every year.

There is now a massive difference between BDO and PDC because i think the top players are trying to catch up with Phil Taylor and getting near 100 average nearly every match.

Yes, you can't get away from terrible darts matches when the standard is so poor, i thought the PDC world championship 2008 was one of the worst lot of games i've seen in that code. Glad to say the standard after that has been getting better every year.

There is now a massive difference between BDO and PDC because i think the top players are trying to catch up with Phil Taylor and getting near 100 average nearly every match.

Yet James Wade got to the 1/2 final this year with an average of 93.

Thought youd say that, also calculated the highest average for them all, will update after tonights games :laughing:

I will be generous, when we play our game of darts, I will double your score every time, you score 20, I will give you 40, you score 1, i will give you 2, and so on.

thumbup1.gif

Yet James Wade got to the 1/2 final this year with an average of 93.

And Kim Huybrechts got papped out in first round in PDC with 98.79 average

Ian White out of PDC in round 1 with average of 92.11

Shane Tichovitsch out first round with 92.07

John Bowles same with 93.56

Not getting whatever point it is trying to be made.

And Kim Huybrechts got papped out in first round in PDC with 98.79 average

Ian White out of PDC in round 1 with average of 92.11

Shane Tichovitsch out first round with 92.07

John Bowles same with 93.56

Not getting whatever point it is trying to be made.

clangers2.gif

And there was PDC players papped out, and qualified with a 78.40, 83.26, 85.63, 83.27, 78.80, 81.81, 83.35, 83.14, 79.90, 81.71, 78.40, 83.67 averages,

So if you can not acknowledge the point I am making, says more about you.

There is plentiful average games, scores,3 dart average in the PDC as well as the BDO,

clangers2.gif

And there was PDC players papped out, and qualified with a 78.40, 83.26, 85.63, 83.27, 78.80, 81.81, 83.35, 83.14, 79.90, 81.71, 78.40, 83.67 averages,

So if you can not acknowledge the point I am making, says more about you.

There is plentiful average games, scores,3 dart average in the PDC as well as the BDO,

But loads of high averages in PDC and very very few in BDO.

Don't think anyone on here even remotely trying to argue that there are not crap averages in PDC games at times but in main averages are massively higher than what is left in BDO.

But you pick 1 game as making whatever your point is supposed to be and it says more about me as i am supposed to guess? Well i am lost - might have to go right back and try work it out if i can be assed.

But loads of high averages in PDC and very very few in BDO.

Don't think anyone on here even remotely trying to argue that there are not crap averages in PDC games at times but in main averages are massively higher than what is left in BDO.

But you pick 1 game as making whatever your point is supposed to be and it says more about me as i am supposed to guess? Well i am lost - might have to go right back and try work it out if i can be assed.

Just you do that, as it plainly obviously my point, but for your benefit, I will go over it again,

People knock the BDO, yet there has been plenty averages on par, or higher than numerous PDC players in there first round of the compy.

You mention players who got knocked out with a high average in the PDC, which is granted, but there was also many who were defeated, and also won with high 70s, low 80s average.

Tonights averages

With a game still playing.

Just you do that, as it plainly obviously my point, but for your benefit, I will go over it again,

People knock the BDO, yet there has been plenty averages on par, or higher than numerous PDC players in there first round of the compy.

You mention players who got knocked out with a high average in the PDC, which is granted, but there was also many who were defeated, and also won with high 70s, low 80s average.

Tonights averages

With a game still playing.

PDC has extra round so extra 32 players playing. And loads of regional qualifiers letting in some dross.

Last 32 of PDC and 17 players (despite longer format) over 92 average. 0 in BDO last 32 round which is now complete.

P.S. Waites 90.15 Willy VDW 80.88 - Waites scoring well but poor finishing - in whole match highest checkout was 40.

PDC has extra round so extra 32 players playing. And loads of regional qualifiers letting in some dross.

Last 32 of PDC and 17 players (despite longer format) over 92 average. 0 in BDO last 32 round which is now complete.

P.S. Waites 90.15 Willy VDW 80.88 - Waites scoring well but poor finishing - in whole match highest checkout was 40.

I am well aware of the qualifying process to both codes, and while some of those averages posted early are from the International qualifiers, many were your well known highly ranked in the OOM PDC players, including several premier league players and a then reigning World Champion

I am not getting into an argument, for the sake of it,

5 out of 6 averages tonight were decent, if not brilliant.

In PDC also, they hit 180s for fun, whereas in BDO I'm waiting for an eternity for one to be hit.

BDO are useless cunts. Pub darts.

Most would struggle to get a game for Summerhill Lodge or Masada Bar.

Since the PDC began, there has been 9 players who has scored a 100 or above average at the World Championship, in that same time, 8 players from the BDO have done the same.

As a matter of interest, how many of those BDO players who 'did the same' are at the PDC?

I don't know the answer, just asking.

P.S. BDO is the Zlatan Ibrahimovic of darts. Shite.

Its irrespective, as regardless, there is only 9 players ever to score an average of over 100 at the PDC World Champs, hence my point, outwith the very best group of PDC players, there is not that much between sub 16 ranked PDC players, and top BDO players,

No, no I'm intrigued to know now.

How many of those players have went from BDO to PDC...

How is it relevant ?

Are you now saying, The BDO is shit now, but 3 years ago it was good, or 5 years ago it was brilliant.

In the history of the BDO, going back to Bristow, Jocky, Lowe, Taylor, Priestly, Adams, Hankey, Webster to current, the winner in the finals average has been consistent from low to mid 90s, with the exception of Barney, Fordham, Taylor who once scored average 97s

How is it relevant ?

Are you now saying, The BDO is shit now, but 3 years ago it was good, or 5 years ago it was brilliant.

In the history of the BDO, going back to Bristow, Jocky, Lowe, Taylor, Priestly, Adams, Hankey, Webster to current, the winner in the finals average has been consistent from low to mid 90s, with the exception of Barney, Fordham, Taylor who once scored average 97s

Your a darts statto, you clearly know the stuff, just tell him that all the boys you refer to in your BDO stat are now in the PDC....like Roberto I don't know but I can only guess but your reluctance to answer him

None of what anyone has said in this thread is relevant because the BDO is shite pub darts, not worth watching at all - boring nonsense.

I'm putting that to the side and asked you as you're the man with the stats, how many of those players have moved to the PDC, it's not to prove a point - I was merely just asking.

Cunt.

5 of those 8 will now play in the PDC.

You call the BDO shit, yet look at all the players who have came over to the PDC in recent years, and instantly climb the rankings in the PDC OOM, half of the top 16 have moved in recent years,

And still after the exodus of players, they still have multiple, numerous players scoring averages on par, and beating many on the PDC players.,

The BBC coverage is rank.

Tony Green was out of date and uncool 20 years ago, and the other guy Alexander is poor as well. "Yabba dabba... darts!" :clangers2:

Don't mind Bobby George but I don't know how he resists getting into a dust up with the biggest cunt of them all... Colin Murray. :angry2:

More tournaments means they give up their jobs and spend time practicing more, they make darts their job...so they will climb the rankings, given PDC is better standard than gay darts. Do you like the gay darts I take it?

That's the darts that only cunts like.

Every PDC player has an off day, in BDO they have off tournaments...they should get rid of the BDO as they are pap.

I'd also like to add, I don't really care, I just wanted to yank your middle leg for a bit of a thrill due to being bored.

No, I do not particularly enjoy watching the BDO, as the coverage / commentators are pishe, as well as the crowd etc etc, PDC wins that easy.

But when you look at the actual averages, the BDO has been consistent since the 1970s through the 80s and 90s with the house hold names to the present. high 80s - mid 90s. over 35 years.

Suppose you will say the BDO players who have done so well in the GSOD, one of them winning it, was just down to all the PDC players having bad days ?

Its irrespective, as regardless, there is only 9 players ever to score an average of over 100 at the PDC World Champs, hence my point, outwith the very best group of PDC players, there is not that much between sub 16 ranked PDC players, and top BDO players,

Using 100+ averages from many years ago (last 100+ average was Fitton in 2008) bares no weight to an arguement as to where BDO is now.

No, no I'm intrigued to know now.

How many of those players have went from BDO to PDC...

There have been total of 20 x 100+ averages since BDO started in 1978.

Six of them Barney. Taylor, King, Hankey, Deller and Priestley also included. Fitton and Adams the other 2.

So 6 of them i make it.

Using 100+ averages from many years ago (last 100+ average was Fitton in 2008) bares no weight to an arguement as to where BDO is now.

It was not to weigh any argument, it was simply to point it out.

Someone mentioned yesterday, that there was all these 100+ averages in the PDC, when in the history of the tournament, only 9 people have achieved this.

I went through this with you yesterday, If you cant see the point I am making, then your better avoiding the thread