Darts

• 1 month later...

Ticket info below for the world championships, would love to do the final, will have a yap with mates and see what we fancy this year and get the hospitality booked up, cracking night out.

http://www.pdc.tv/ladbrokes-world-darts-championship/article/16clj591ur8ll1v71hdu761a5y/title/william-hill-world-championship-tickets

I've done the final twice - well worth the trip, much better than the AECC.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thats the darts started last night,

And some controversy in the last game, Wes Newton V some Spanish qualifier, was 2 sets all and 5 legs all, should of been a sudden death 1 leg game, but the MC told them to continue playing to win by 2 clear legs, then half way through the leg the referee stopped tha game, told them to restart and play 1 leg sudden death.

Newton lost.

This was at 1245am and there was about 10 folk left watching in the Ally Pally.

I'm proper out of touch with the darts these days since I no longer have Sky, coupled with some pitiful Scottish efforts over the past ten years or so, though I believe Gary Anderson has a brilliant chance this year. Let's hope he can bring back some of the glory days of Scotland's ultimate sporting hero Sir Jocky Wilson. The 1989 Lakeside Final was one of the best sporting moments I can ever recall watching, I mind jumping up and down in the living room liek a daftie watching Jocky wipe the floor with the Crafty Cockney before his brilliant comeback.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI3Ia06NrUg

I crashed out during the Klassen match...did he win?

Yeah, he played well no doubt he'll fuck up the next match though.

I had a spy on that but I just don't trust Gary's arsehole not collapsing.

Hope it comes in for you though.

He's looked a much better player this year, been solid all year round, I backed him on the friday night at the players championships to win this, he came in to 8/1 by the time he won that and I then took half my stake out at 7/1 so I'd doing ok, need Wright to go out asap to get a few more ticks.

Yeah, he played well no doubt he'll fuck up the next match though.

He's looked a much better player this year, been solid all year round, I backed him on the friday night at the players championships to win this, he came in to 8/1 by the time he won that and I then took half my stake out at 7/1 so I'd doing ok, need Wright to go out asap to get a few more ticks.

I had never seen anyone play darts like he did on his way to the final he lost to Lewis. Phenomenal. Haven't been watching lately so no idea what kind of form he is in.