Highlights Up

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/9396981.stm

Wonderful goal by Aluko, like the Sone of old there, team looking comfortable. And then...... nothing (team-wise i mean).

Thought it at the time and still say Clangers should have had that 1st goal comfortably, i mean the little c**t only flicked the ball, Langfield off his line as usual but still should have had it.

Again i thought it at the time and still stunned that Lasley wasn't also given his marching orders. Blatant elbow on Hartley. The ref is even looking right at it too.

The winning goal is just an utter shambles by Diamond, Vuja and Langfield.

Fkn Hell! TWO well players could have had a free header for 1st goal with Aberdeen players on either side of them caught ball watching.

Lasley should have been off as well & basically gt away with just a booking BECAUSE of Hartleys stupid reaction (if he'd just left it I'm sure the ref would have had no option but to red card Lasley)

Vuja was painfully slow for second & Clangers (although saved a couple) was poor for second

HOW THE FFFF is a player like Jeffers allowed to skin so many players & look a lot better than he is??????

The main players at fault are the TWO ball watchers allowing TWO well players the chance of a free header.

I'm not say Maguire was any better but allowing the cross was the lesser of the fk ups imo

Lesser of the f**k ups? Come on to f**k, clear to see who one of your favourites is, there were two Aberdeen players on a Motherwell player, Maguire then joined them, wasn't even looking about himself or nothing left the guy who crossed it in wide open, absolute joke, if he had any sort of football brain he'd realise not to do that.

It's Craigan that puts the cross in so maybe Vernon or Blackman should have tracked him?

Looks to me as if Maguire's man was the thrower and he's standing in front of the first man to stop a quick throw and pass back. It's easy to blame him though so we'll do that.

There were two players, one waiting for the thrower, Maguire should have stayed up the line but failed to, they then scored from it, if he had any sort of positional awareness he'd have ahd that guy covered.

Lesser of the f**k ups? Come on to f**k, clear to see who one of your favourites is, there were two Aberdeen players on a Motherwell player, Maguire then joined them, wasn't even looking about himself or nothing left the guy who crossed it in wide open, absolute joke, if he had any sort of football brain he'd realise not to do that.

He is far from my favourite, just because I have backed him in the past when he was getting unfairly OTT abuse.

He was at fault yes I admitted that but the biggest fault goes to the ball watchers imo you on the flip side of your argument ONLY pick out Maguire as per :dontknow:

How on earth Lasley doesn't get sent off for raising his elbow like that I'll never know. It looks deliberate if anything. It's a red card every day of the week that, absolutely shocking. Could knock someone clean out if you made contact with their face like that.

Went in like FKN Superman FFS!

Ref bottled it from his red

Have another look, pause it if you have to. Just before the throw is taken there are two Motherwell players coming for a short throw, both have Aberdeen players at their backs. Maguire is free in front of them. He is there to cover a short one into their feet and an easy ball back into the thrower, who would then have time to put a ball into the box.

I think you're too fast to blame Maguire.

Mini firstly watches games for Maguire mistakes, then looks for flag wavers, then failing either he will give a fair view of games.

f**k you sound like the guy onfront o me last night, loves bumming up Maguire but having ago at others.

here was no need for Maguire to leave the wing, he has no sense.

f**k you sound like the guy onfront o me last night, loves bumming up Maguire but having ago at others.

here was no need for Maguire to leave the wing, he has no sense.

I never bum up Maguire, just back him up when he's being unfairly slated too much.

I wasn't there last night & I'm only pointing out your pathetic SOLE point about the game (that I seen from highlights alone had numerous bad points) that had Bebo at fault.

Grow up mini there was far worse to comment on than just Maguire

The whole team failed last night & the biggest criminal imo was Hartley

There were two players, one waiting for the thrower, Maguire should have stayed up the line but failed to, they then scored from it, if he had any sort of positional awareness he'd have ahd that guy covered.

sh*te.

Maguire is there to stand in front of the first player so the thrower can't throw the ball to feet and receive it back for a cross. Very simple stuff.

Centre striker should have had Craigan.

Have another look, pause it if you have to. Just before the throw is taken there are two Motherwell players coming for a short throw, both have Aberdeen players at their backs. Maguire is free in front of them. He is there to cover a short one into their feet and an easy ball back into the thrower, who would then have time to put a ball into the box.

I think you're too fast to blame Maguire.

Sorry never noticed this post.

That's exactly it. Watch any game of football at professional level and even in the semi pros and amateurs and most teams will have Maguire where he was.

I never bum up Maguire, just back him up when he's being unfairly slated too much.

I wasn't there last night & I'm only pointing out your pathetic SOLE point about the game (that I seen from highlights alone had numerous bad points) that had Bebo at fault.

Grow up mini there was far worse to comment on than just Maguire

The whole team failed last night & the biggest criminal imo was Hartley

I mentioned other things in the JIT thread, the highlights just exposed Maguires fault for their first goal.

sh*te.

Maguire is there to stand in front of the first player so the thrower can't throw the ball to feet and receive it back for a cross. Very simple stuff.

Centre striker should have had Craigan.

Funny as I see to recall Maguire being told to go to the player advancing down the line, he chose to still come in, Jack was on the guy for the short throw and Vudja had the other guy covered.

That's exactly it. Watch any game of football at professional level and even in the semi pros and amateurs and most teams will have Maguire where he was.

3 players to two guys, in my opion no real need and havn't seen it happen that much, he was floating around and was told to go back up the line abit, he never, the ball went in, defenders stood still they scored.

Funny as I see to recall Maguire being told to go to the player advancing down the line, he chose to still come in, Jack was on the guy for the short throw and Vudja had the other guy covered.

They were at the Motherwell players' backs though. Fine, if you want them to stop them turning and having a shot, but they are helpless at stopping the ball getting back to the thrower who can either cross or take them on in a 3v2 situation. Maguire hovering in front of them stops that. It's that not a hard concept to grasp really.

Vernon or Blackman should have picked up Craigan's run forward as they were the central strikers so they should be tracking the central defender. Fairly simple stuff. The blame for the cross coming in lies on their shoulders.

The ball didn't go to them so he did his job there.

I think you're just arguing for arguing's sake. The fact it is Maguire in question doesn't surprise me in the least. Any chance, however slight, and you will slag him.

I'm not getting drawn into this now. I've made my point.

So good a job that they managed to score from the thow. I have a good, most of the time it is deserved, sometimes I get side tracked but his accent and tongue which is wrong as that's not big nor is it clever, but all of the stick I have given him with regards to performance is, in my opinion deserved.

That last chance for Motherwell - what the hell was Jack playing at? waken up and get goal side. It was like he just let the motherwell player just run past him. Not sure Jack has the engine to be a central midfielder. Looks like Hartley could beat him in a sprint.

& would have given away a free kick had the ref not played advantage.

He basically tried to wrestle him of the ball after being caught on his heels, don't like slating him cos he's relatively new (& has been a breath of fresh air) to the side but he was poor/sleeping for that one

That last chance for Motherwell - what the hell was Jack playing at? waken up and get goal side. It was like he just let the motherwell player just run past him. Not sure Jack has the engine to be a central midfielder. Looks like Hartley could beat him in a sprint.

I knew Jack wasn't the quickest of players after the St Mirren game recently when he was right mid. So slow i thought he was running in slow-motion. But i disagree about him not having the engine, he will pick up the stamina in time to make that position his own i'm quite sure.

Refuse to believe most teams would put 2 on 1 player when opposition player is wide open in dangerous area with 3 of his teammates pointing to the player taking the throw to throw it to the clearly unmarked wide open player.

You will also notice a central striker marking a player and a number 11 standing about doing nothing.

Refuse to believe most teams would put 2 on 1 player when opposition player is wide open in dangerous area with 3 of his teammates pointing to the player taking the throw to throw it to the clearly unmarked wide open player.

You will also notice a central striker marking a player and a number 11 standing about doing nothing.

Believe what you want. I highly doubt we leave 3 men forward while defending throw ins when at times we leave no one forward while defending corners. Just because opponents pointed to an open player doesn't mean Maguire should be there. Maguire did his job. Someone else didn't. If Brown doesn't want someone in front of the Well player to prevent a short throw I'd be very worried.

Where's the left winger? He would pull in to the centre and Vernon would cover that player. It's simple football.

Believe what you want. I highly doubt we leave 3 men forward while defending throw ins when at times we leave no one forward while defending corners. Just because opponents pointed to an open player doesn't mean Maguire should be there. Maguire did his job. Someone else didn't. If Brown doesn't want someone in front of the Well player to prevent a short throw I'd be very worried.

Where's the left winger? He would pull in to the centre and Vernon would cover that player. It's simple football.

This. There shouldn't even be any debate over this, it's basic stuff. The opposition attack down the left, so our right side tracks back and the left tucks in and narrows the pitch. It shocks me that some people don't realise that.

This. There shouldn't even be any debate over this, it's basic stuff. The opposition attack down the left, so our right side tracks back and the left tucks in and narrows the pitch. It shocks me that some people don't realise that.

I don't even think it should be classed as a dangerous position. It's Steven Craigan pumping a ball forward. Our centre halves should be dealing with Jeffers in the air easily.

I'll apologise for earlier on. I thoguht we had went 4-3-3 but it was 4-4-2. That does influences my point more that Vernon or Blackman should have been picking him up as the right back and right centre half are totally obsolete.

You cant seriously be suggesting that when a spare player is wide open in a dangerous position for ages that one of 2 players marking 1 man shouldn't go and mark the other player no matter what the lazy left winger or strikers are doing. You just don't leave a man wide open there. If Brown wants his players to double up on 1 player to prevent a short throw but leave a sexcond player wide open for a short throw then i would be very worried.

If there are 3 players available for short throw do we pull 6 players to double up on them all? Exactly - ridiculous.

You cant seriously be suggesting that when a spare player is wide open in a dangerous position for ages that one of 2 players marking 1 man shouldn't go and mark the other player no matter what the lazy left winger or strikers are doing. You just don't leave a man wide open there. If Brown wants his players to double up on 1 player to prevent a short throw but leave a sexcond player wide open for a short throw then i would be very worried.

If there are 3 players available for short throw do we pull 6 players to double up on them all? Exactly - ridiculous.

Eh? You would have one to stop it going back to the thrower so that'd be 4 v 4.

He was wide open further back up the pitch. Normally a striker would be picking that defender up but he wasn't. It's very simple stuff and I'm pretty surprised it's you I'm debating with. Maguire was preventing a short throw. There's a lot more danger in leaving a free player with the ball near the edge of our box than there is where Craigan was. The defence should have dealt with the ball in.