Major League Baseball

Really surprised me this morning to find that out! Shocking move by the Rockies surely?

A bit gutted that Yankees didn't get him like i mentioned earlier in the thread, we need another ace starter.

Delighted the new huns of baseball Red Sox never got him despite going after a SP, they seem to get linked with everyone and still have the nerve to call the Yankees huns?!?

Phillies added Pence to their line up, cant we just give them the WS now and start a fresh?

Hoping that the diamondbacks beat the Giants in the NL West......

• 1 month later...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss SOTR posts on this thread?! I hope he hasnt went into hiding? :lolrangers:

Double header tonight with the Yanks 2-0 bottom of the 2nd :) Really hope the Rays nick this in what will go down in history as the biggest lead blown by a team!!

:dancin:

Yeah, it's been a spectacular collapse from the Red Sox. The major problem has been with injuries to the pitching staff. The big loss has been Clay Buchholz who was an absolute stud last season. Dice-K has also missed most of the season, so to Bobby Jenks, who expected to be a really important relief pitcher.

Beckett has also struggled on occassion, while John Lackey has been an unreserved absolutely disaster.

With such unbelieveable dynamite hitters like Ortiz and Gonzalez, along with guys like Ellsbury and Pedroia who get on base with regularity, it's been disappointing that the pitching has failed so spectacularly. Loing Youk for a while also co-incided with the worse part of the slump.

Next season the bullpen requires a major overhaul, while short stop and catcher also need to be addressed.

With three games left, I wonder how hard the Yankee will be trying against the Rays? :laughing:

Sadly i have a feeling The Yanks will win tonight and Sucks win. Both teams will win on the final day so they'll slip into the play offs. Thankfully they look rotten so have no chance of the WS even if they were to do so!

SOTR do you reckon Tony will need to step down if they fail to make it? I mean to blow it in the fashion they have done so is criminal surely?

I want the Braves to hang on in the NL.

Sadly i have a feeling The Yanks will win tonight and Sucks win. Both teams will win on the final day so they'll slip into the play offs. Thankfully they look rotten so have no chance of the WS even if they were to do so!

SOTR do you reckon Tony will need to step down if they fail to make it? I mean to blow it in the fashion they have done so is criminal surely?

:thumbup1:

It's difficult, I think Francona was near untouchable after winning two world series, following decades of pain and misery. However, questions are now being asked. Some of his decisions have been really strange lately! However he is also known to be really popular with players and I think he's been quite unlucky on the whole. If Dice-K and Buchholz had been healthy things may have been different, also Lackey has been an absolute disaster - an expensive one at that! Who would have predicted he'd be that bad!

The Sox should make now though, it comes down to one match, which one of our two ace studs, John Lester is starting.

If they do it'll be interesting - the Red Sox will be furious at the way the Yankees have shamefully lain down to the Rays over the last two matches and I'd imagine they'll do the same tonight. The Red Sox will be even more fired up for this one if they end up meeting in the Championship game.

the Red Sox will be furious at the way the Yankees have shamefully lain down to the Rays over the last two matches and I'd imagine they'll do the same tonight. The Red Sox will be even more fired up for this one if they end up meeting in the Championship game.

:cry::lolrangers:

If you dont make it, its your own fault blowing such a massive lead not the fact that Yankees are playing fringe pitchers (still playing a decent outfield though!)

What are your guys thoughts about making a 2nd wild card place? I heard it could be brought in next year with them re-vamping the leagues soon after.

IMO they play to many games, with the fewest chance of success. I reckon they should maybe even think about a cup to break up the league? Maybe even making the cup matches 7 innings long.....